Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

LundB

Mistakes were made.
111850.jpg

Reverse Rule 34 RPG Edition.

Last edited:

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Apparently it not only exists, it is played by 58k people as we speak.

Also with the move to html 5 it is sure to become a hit on future mobile devices for better or for worse.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Yeah, no. HTML is very buggy and in very early stages. HTML5 barely works on my PC so I doubt that any tablet would run it. Either way Runescape was an interesting surprise for me since it's one of the few mmos that has actually decent quests (and shitload of content and stuff to grind).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-20-jade-raymond-leaves-ubisoft-after-a-decade

Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft after a decade
Splinter Cell: Blacklist producer Alexandre Parizeau is replacing her.

Assassin's Creed producer Jade Raymond has left Ubisoft after over a decade of service.

Jade Raymond was one of the core creators of Assassin's Creed, a series that has spawned eight sequels and countless spin-offs.

Raymond is best known for being the producer on Assassin's Creed and its sequel, but she also produced Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist and Watch Dogs in addition to starting up Ubisoft's Toronto studio where she operated as its managing director.

Alexandre Parizeau, another Ubisoft Toronto team member who's been there since the studio launched in 2009, will replace her as managing director come 29th October.

"I've spent 10 extraordinary years at Ubisoft, and I am proud to have been part of many of the best teams in the industry making truly remarkable games," said Raymond in a statement about her departure. "This is one of the hardest decisions of my career, but the Toronto studio is strong and on a solid path. I'm confident that now is a good time for me to transition leadership of the studio to Alex and to pursue my other ambitions and new opportunities. Stay tuned for more on what's next for me, but for now, I'd like to thank Ubisoft for its partnership through the years, and I wish them the very best in all their next endeavours."

Parizeau has had over 15 years experience in the industry and operated as the senior producer on Splinter Cell: Blacklist and a producer on Splinter Cell: Conviction and Rainbow Six: Vegas.

"On behalf of Ubisoft, I'd like to thank Jade for her leadership and many contributions over the years, and wish her all the best in her next adventures," said Ubisoft Montreal and Toronto CEO Yannis Mallat. "The Toronto studio is a key part of the Ubisoft global network, and Alex has been at the heart of the studio's growth over the years. He was the obvious choice to lead this talented group of people as they continue to develop amazing games."

Raymond is the latest of Ubisoft elite to branch off from the studio parodied in Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag in order to pursue opportunities elsewhere. Earlier this year Rayman creator Michel Ancel started up his own studio separate from Ubisoft called Wild Sheep. He's making a game there called Wild where you can play all manner of animals. Wild!

For more on Jade Raymond, Eurogamer contributor Simon Parker interviewed her a couple of years back about the future of games. "If we are not moving things forward then why are we working here?" she said at the time. 'If you're going to create something then you have to go above and beyond what's gone before. It's the only way." It'll certainly be interesting to see what she gets up to next.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
I actually felt bad for Raymond during the big drama when the first AssCreed was being promoted, since it really wasn't her fault that the company decided to use her in so much of the marketing material to give the game a 'pretty face', and she didn't really do or say anything incredibly stupid that justified the shit she got. It was probably good for her career that after that Ubisoft kept her out of the spotlight, and just let her do her job of producing games, which she seems pretty competent at (iirc most of the games she's worked on were shipped on-time and not overbudget).

Most of the people who get a ton of shit flung at them in the game business at least did something begging for it, but in this case it really was completely undeserved harassment.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Another reason for people to stay away from Twitter. How can someone be so fucking retarded? Have fun wasting several years trying to be published again on Steam cause your dumb ass couldnt keep its mouth shut on social media.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Reminds me of those old people that use facebook status update as google search bar etc. At leastthey have excuse.

It makes me happy that there are people out there who, on this life shattering career ending day, want nothing but to call me a fucker.

I mean, things might suck for me right now, but those people must be the most miserable. All the time.

I'm feeling p. good actually:M

Sodafish

Arcane
It never ceases to amaze me the way people behave on social media. They know what they're saying isn't private, and yet on some level they obviously feel detached from the consequences of their statements because it isn't "real life" or something. The stupidity/naivete is simply staggering.

Maulbeck reacted to the news with the following tweet: "Welp. PA no longer on Steam. I'm done making videogames now. It sucked while it lasted."

4KF3mBW.jpg

He then stated, "People telling me it's f****** stupid to say I wanna kill Gabe. Can I set up a 'no s***' autoresponse on Twitter?"

Doesn't seem like he learned anything about being civil. :M

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Meanwhile everyone is crying about people being punished for the things they say online. :hearnoevil:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom