Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
siccpak7u76js55ohpba.png

Derek Larp

Cipher
In a few years from now, when the big publishers only release turn-based RPGs, wargames, flight sims and adventure games, a small number of intrepid developers will go to kickstarter with the promise to bring back the story-driven shooters and pseudo-RPGs from the golden age of popamole.
:troll:

Dr Tomo

Learned
Unofficial Minecraft convention disappears with the money

Mineorama, the Minecraft convention scheduled to take place in mid-July that was canceled at the last minute—and with more than $500,000 spent on advance tickets—insisted that it was "not a scam," and that another event would be scheduled to take its place. But many ticket buyers worried that they had indeed been conned, and it's starting to look very much like that's exactly what has happened.

The whole Mineorama situation looked dodgy from the moment organizers announced, "with deep regret," that the event had been postponed and that refunds wouldn't be offered. The sheer amount of money on the table made the likelihood of a scam an alarming prospect, and while the people behind it promised that they were "sincerely attempting to make this right," as Kotaku has noticed, it seems that what they've really done is take a powder.

The Mineorama website has been suspended by its hosting company, while the Mineorama Twitter account has been taken over by a "16 year old kid" who's spent the past few days using it to ridicule the "real" Mineorama. He acknowledged that he'll likely be forced to return the account to the legitimate owners if they request it, but as of roughly 30 minutes ago that hasn't happened.

I suppose it's possible that the rescheduled event could still take place, and that organizers are simply working so hard to make it happen that they just haven't noticed their website and Twitter account have both stopped working. But at this stage, as much as I hate to say it, it doesn't look very likely; Kotaku spoke to one person who was able to get a refund from his financial institution and another who's working on it, and neither had heard a thing from anyone at Mineorama. Mineorama "Executive Producer" Lou Gasco, meanwhile, hasn't tweeted since July 8, when he promised that all questions would be answered on a forthcoming Twitch livestream. That, of course, hasn't happened either.

Why am I not surprised this occurred?

Martius

Liturgist
Centurions.jpg

Maybe this are not space marines inside space marines but are very close. I could call them space marines in power armour with extra armour!

Brinko

Arcane
Is that why they use some cheap Ukrainian studio to do all their PC ports which end up totally shit and require 15 patches to be remotely stable?

Brinko

Arcane
I'm more annoyed at the fact that whenever a steam sale or new ubisoft game comes out I have to sift through fucking dozens of posts bitching about how the PC ports are shit, can't be downloaded properly or at any reasonable speed, and all the other shit Ubisoft are crap at when working the PC market.

It also is hilarious that they keep putting these press posts out there when it's obvious to anyone that they are totally shit at porting so should just give up at this point. Would it really kill anyone if they couldn't play the latest popamole Far Cry game or embarassing Splinter Cell bastardization?

Luzur

Good Sir

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I like the flames painted on the gun. If I didn't know better, I'd think it was parody.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom