Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Yeah, many devs have said repeatedly they get as many keys as they want. When other devs say they have "limited supply" or whatever else I assume that's code for "we don't want to give away too many copies of our game please buy it."
I've had some developers tell me that they have limited copies pre-release. I'm guessing that Steam only allows you to share your game with a few people until it's released in such a way that people who've actually bought it can play it too. Then you get to go nuts and give out as many copies as you want.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I've had some developers tell me that they have limited copies pre-release. I'm guessing that Steam only allows you to share your game with a few people until it's released in such a way that people who've actually bought it can play it too. Then you get to go nuts and give out as many copies as you want.

Pre-release could be a different thing, sure.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Is your Cocked Trigger ready?

fukthisgayeart.jpg

Utterly disgraceful.
Even Call of Duty didn't put bikini-camo on its box.

Never noticed it's a woman on the JA2 cover. Does this make me a sexist shitlord? I'm not sure.

There's kind of a difference between expecting a Steam key and *promising* a Steam key and not getting it, it doesn't even cost them anything.

Read more comments, the confusion comes from the promise being made a while ago.

As someone further down this thread says, the version on steam is the HD edition, while the indie royale bundle had the original (no HD) version. Kinda makes sense to not give out free keys for a version with extra content compared to the one you bought.

Last edited:

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Well, some developers add extra content specifically so they don't have to hand out Steam keys. That's what happened with Corporate Lifestyle simulator, if I remember correctly. The dev added some extra content to get out of giving 'scumbags' (as he called them) Steam keys.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Turn-based Bioshock: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-have-been-a-final-fantasy-tactics-style-game
BioShock Vita would have been a Final Fantasy Tactics-style game
Vita chambered.

The BioShock game once planned for PlayStation Vita would have been a turn-based spin-off similar to Final Fantasy Tactics, series creator Ken Levine has said.

But there's no new word on if the long-awaited project might ever see light of day.

"I was thinking a Final Fantasy Tactics-style thing set in pre-fall Rapture," Levine explained this morning in a series of messages posted to his Twitter account.

"Something that would work well on the Vita and not be a compromise in any way. Also, as some know, I'm a turn-based whore."

It's the first time Levine has disclosed any information on what the game might have been. Details have remained scarce ever since he first announced the title during Sony's E3 2011 press conference.

"2K and Sony couldn't put a deal together when I last checked," Levine added, confirming subsequent reports that the project had stalled. "They seemed way more optimistic about this back in 2011.

"Wish I could do it myself, but lawyers and all that. I still love my Vita."

Previous comments from Levine suggested that development on the game had never gotten past the planning stages. Levine's own studio Irrational Games was kept busy building BioShock Infinite and its Buried at Sea expansion, with 2K left to hash out a deal with Sony - a deal which it seems may never bear fruit.

sbb

Learned
Interesting... I would have loved to see screenshots of that if nothing else. BioShock stuff on an isometric field would be really cool to look at

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Biochoke was terrible shooter, wonder how bad will be tactical version of it. Propably worse than JA: BiA[tch] or ArmA Tactics...

Machocruz

Arcane
I restarted Bioshock since I own in and never finished it. By gods does the gunplay feel horrible. Sloppy, inaccurate, poor feedback. People really don't care about gameplay anymore if this is considered a GOAT classic. No point in using anything but the wrench and stun abilities. I'm wondering if I should skip to Bioshock 2 since i hear the shootering is improved.

Turjan

Arcane
Well, some developers add extra content specifically so they don't have to hand out Steam keys. That's what happened with Corporate Lifestyle simulator, if I remember correctly. The dev added some extra content to get out of giving 'scumbags' (as he called them) Steam keys.
He must have reconsidered. The free Corporate Lifestyle Simulator keys came weeks late, but they came eventually.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Yeah, he gave them after people on his forums went nuts about the whole thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom