Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
We've reached a state where I can't tell whether something is satire or not

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
No, you faggots. I have played VNs myself :M

Read the premise of that one though. I was unaware there was such an untapped market

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria

Read the premise of that one though. I was unaware there was such an untapped market
:oops:

I've seen games based upon weirder or more mundane premises, and this plot sounds basically just like Spice and Wolf except with modern day economics, so the Author probably knows what he's doing.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal

I've seen games based upon weirder or more mundane premises, and this plot sounds basically just like Spice and Wolf except with modern day economics, so the Author probably knows what he's doing.
This is just too weird for me mang why can't they write hentai like a normal person

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member

This is just too weird for me mang why can't they write hentai like a normal person
Nobody said we can't have both.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Someone needs to LP that asap. LundB, RK47, duty calls.

jibby.png
Cha skrunee da pat, sleemo.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Even that is still better than what RPS did with Obsidian: www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/03/19/project-eternity-release-date/

The asshole sets a sequence of FIVE questions about QA & bugs, ending with:

RPS: After so many missteps over the years with bugs, do you feel like you owe fans any sort of apology? Do you feel responsible, or perhaps like you’ve damaged your players’ trust?
Reading between Pete Hines responses and Obsidian devs, it is clear to me who is smarter, or at least the more socially aware guy. It's not an accident that Bethesda manages to be the more sucessful company while you see Obsidian trying their best to take journous seriously while begging for kickstarter moniez. It just is :gumpyhead:

Obsidian could learn a thing or two with this guy when responding to st00pid questions:

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Someone needs to LP that asap. LundB, RK47, duty calls.
A three part visual novel set in the far future on the moon, 16 years after humans have begun to colonize it. A young boy named Haru has been chasing his wildest dream. His dream is to stand where no man has stood before, and in order to do so he needs capital, a ludicrous amount of capital. What better place to get that amount of capital by using the stock market?
FUCKING PRO-LEVEL MOON ECONOMICS ROMANCE RIGHT HERE.

HEY BABY HERE'S MY PORTFOLIO, LOOK AT HOW I CONSTANTLY OUTPERFORM THE MARKET AND TELL ME YOUR PANTIES AREN'T DRENCHED. NOW COME BACK TO MY PLACE, WE'LL DRINK SOME WINE, TALK STOCKS, THEN I CAN 'RESTRUCTURE' YOU WITH A BIG HOT CAPITAL INJECTION. AWW YEAH GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES AND STIMULATE GROWTH IN MY PRIVATE SECTOR!

GET BITCHES, GROW YOUR PORTFOLIO, SHIT ALL OVER THE DISGUSTING POORS WHO DON'T EVEN INVEST.

THIS IS FUCKING WORLD END ECONOMICA.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
If you don't care enough to play it yourself - hey, why not ask others to play it for you huehuehuehue

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Playing it yourself is not a substitute for a masterful LP any more than drawing yourself a picture using crayons is a substitute for visiting an art gallery. Have pride in your craft, brother.

Modron

Arcane
Plus some of us can't stare directly into that abyss and instead enjoy morbidly watching others suffer, kind of like that Shira Oka lp.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Plus there are games out there that I'd be interested in seeing, but not actually desire to play due to several different factors such as the availability of the game, quality of the game itself vs the effort of actually acquiring it/getting it to run properly, etc. i.e. Spoony's playthrough of Phantasmagoria/Ripper, SuperGreatFriend's playthrough of D/D2 & Illbleed, ResearchIndicate's playthrough of Tresspasser, especially since the latter two actually go out of their way to try and show off everything the game has to offer.

Delterius

Arcane
Playing it yourself is not a substitute for a masterful LP any more than drawing yourself a picture using crayons is a substitute for visiting an art gallery. Have pride in your craft, brother.
Phil Fish was right, Lets players are a substitute for games. Only question is how many million dollars RK owes to Shira Oka devs.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Plus there are games out there that I'd be interested in seeing, but not actually desire to play due to several different factors such as the availability of the game, quality of the game itself vs the effort of actually acquiring it/getting it to run properly, etc. i.e. Spoony's playthrough of Phantasmagoria/Ripper, SuperGreatFriend's playthrough of D/D2 & Illbleed, ResearchIndicate's playthrough of Tresspasser, especially since the latter two actually go out of their way to try and show off everything the game has to offer.

The only let's plays I watch are old adventure games I don't really want to fuck with anymore, but have nostalgia for. That's what let's play is best at. Why people watch brand new games being played is beyond me.

If I were "dude who made a game" I would request people limit their video coverage to an hour or two from the first half of the game, which seems sensible and reasonable. If they told me to fuck off it likely wouldn't be worth making a fuss over and getting bad press, but I would make my preferences known in a polite and respectful manner, and probably get good press out of it. That Phil Fish cannot into internet is not a surprise.

Grim Monk

Arcane
If I were "dude who made a game" I would request people limit their video coverage to an hour or two from the first half of the game, which seems sensible and reasonable.

Or you could just make Games that are Fun to PLAY.

Then you won't be afraid that people will be satisfied by watching the experience...

The physical and emotional state you gain by mastering a game cannot be achieved by passive watching.

This applies to most games regardless of genre.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom