Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Luzur

Good Sir
oniichan. uguu.

sao_17_02.jpg

wait, what?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Infinitron My post of that video pre-dates yours, and can be found in this very thread. *blows raspberries*

I haven't re-installed TF2 for the update, but from what I can tell there are 5 new weapons: A useless weapon for the Scout, the Sniper gets the Sniper Rifle from TFC, the Demoman gets a crappy shield and the Soldier gets not only a parachute, but also a new rocket launcher that gains bonuses when he's airborne, including up to 8 rockets in the clip.

But the best new addition has to be the new taunts. Most of them require 2+ players to work and are pretty much okay-ish, but everyone is losing their minds over the Conga taunt. One player starts the conga dance, and then ANY other player nearby can join in to form a conga line. You can form a conga line comprising every player on the server! Who cares about the objective, let's all do the conga!

Oh, and they nerfed the Axtinguisher and Sticky Launchers, so the cheesiest items in the game are a little less cheesy.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
http://www.timesofisrael.com/major-new-game-set-at-nazi-concentration-camp-is-top-seller/

Okay, so, at some point along the way was there a meeting at your organization when somebody said, “y’know, we’re making a video game set at a concentration camp, this may rub some people the wrong way”?

Pete Hines: No. Not, really.

Well, in the video I watched the character, as you are manipulating him, mutters under his breath things like “I’ve seen things like this at Auschwitz, I’ve seen things like this at Buchenwald,” which are the names of two major concentration camps.

Pete Hines: Yep.

There’s a scene of getting out of the cattle car, and people are shoving and Nazis shouting in German and there’s an infant being grabbed by a Nazi.

Pete Hines: Yes, Frau Engel grabs it out of the….

Yeah, so… everybody just thought this was cool for a video game? There was never a “QA” moment where concerns were voiced that “maybe we’re pushing the line”?

Pete Hines: Not in my experience.
:thumbsup:
The funny thing is that the game sheds more light on Nazi oppression than most media, in a way that people who actually cared about the holocaust might respect. Among the game's resistance members are blacks, the disabled, political prisoners, people from conquered nations, and a former Nazi whose son was a victim of the regime. It also makes reference to correctional treatment for gay children, and there's probably more stuff like that in the audio logs that it just starts dumping on you automatically after a while.

Lemming42

Arcane
‘Wolfenstein: The New Order’ has two versions: the ‘safe’ version for play in Germany, and the Holocaust imagery-ridden one for the rest of the world

Germany always gets buttfucked on this type of thing. What's the point in changing Swastikas to the letter W.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
What really annoys me is that if someone were to make a ww2 movie with all swastikas and mentions of nazis removed, people would accuse them of being holocaust deniers.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What really annoys me is that if someone were to make a ww2 movie with all swastikas and mentions of nazis removed, people would accuse them of being holocaust deniers.

There is an art exception in Germany for Nazi symbols. Video games are not considered art.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

There is an art exception in Germany for Nazi symbols. Video games are not considered art.
And that's my point exactly. Fucking ignorants.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Garriott seems to be so bored. Like he knows what those people will say before they even open their mouths. Also, nice megalomania frenzy at the start, mention various dubious credits, such as "first game in a box", "inventor of computer RPG", etc... :roll:

Delterius

Arcane
http://www.timesofisrael.com/major-new-game-set-at-nazi-concentration-camp-is-top-seller/

Okay, so, at some point along the way was there a meeting at your organization when somebody said, “y’know, we’re making a video game set at a concentration camp, this may rub some people the wrong way”?

Well, in the video I watched the character, as you are manipulating him, mutters under his breath things like “I’ve seen things like this at Auschwitz, I’ve seen things like this at Buchenwald,” which are the names of two major concentration camps.

There’s a scene of getting out of the cattle car, and people are shoving and Nazis shouting in German and there’s an infant being grabbed by a Nazi.

Yeah, so… everybody just thought this was cool for a video game? There was never a “QA” moment where concerns were voiced that “maybe we’re pushing the line”?

:thumbsup:
You know what this reminds me? A Holocaust Memorial Museum, that one in the US that gives you a jew passport and makes you feel like you're in a concentration camp.

TheGreatOne

Arcane
Is Greg that guy who used to do video reviews for Gamespot? I recall a guy who looks exactly like him reviewing Nocturne, Wizardry 8 and Temple of Elemental Evil. I got the impression o him that he is/was an above average game journalist back in the days when decline had started but hadn't reached it's peak yet (implying the peak has already been reached).

Also what is Felicia Days role in that interview? I skipped from the first few minutes to the 20 minute mark and she's nowhere to be seen, so I assume she was just there to interject and make a lot of noise.

E: Oh, it looks like some one else reviewed Wiz8, it's been years since I saw this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx_5CB47n-0
I can't imagine a video review by a mainstream site (IGN/Kotaku/Gamespot/RPS/Escapist) looking like that to day. The last good days before gaming "culture" got invaded by dudebros, extroverts and feminists. Not that it makes that amateurish, awkward looking review any better.
Nate Starling
5 months ago

I love how this guy always seems like he's going to throw on a trenchcoat and shoot up his alma mater.

Last edited:

No Great Name

Arcane

It's really annoying to read the interviewer when he's being too obvious in trying to lead the interview in a certain direction.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Even that is still better than what RPS did with Obsidian: www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/03/19/project-eternity-release-date/

The asshole sets a sequence of FIVE questions about QA & bugs, ending with:

RPS: After so many missteps over the years with bugs, do you feel like you owe fans any sort of apology? Do you feel responsible, or perhaps like you’ve damaged your players’ trust?

Modern gaming journalists: Always willing to ask the hard questions, so long as they aren't talking to anyone important.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Also what is Felicia Days role in that interview? I skipped from the first few minutes to the 20 minute mark and she's nowhere to be seen, so I assume she was just there to interject and make a lot of noise.
I couldn't be fucked to watch the video, but I'm assuming she's in that video for the same reason she's in anything: to make desperate turbodweebs fap because omg gamer gurrrl, just like they do every time they see that
random_harlot_table.jpg
expensive doxy.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Even that is still better than what RPS did with Obsidian: www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/03/19/project-eternity-release-date/

RPS: After so many missteps over the years with bugs, do you feel like you owe fans any sort of apology? Do you feel responsible, or perhaps like you’ve damaged your players’ trust?

Best part is when Bethesda releases a new game, and of course it will be full of bugs, those faggots on RPS will just make a small comment like "While game has some buggy moments that wont take away from immense enjoyment this game provides".

Jigawatt

Arcane

Best part is when Bethesda releases a new game, and of course it will be full of bugs, those faggots on RPS will just make a small comment like "While game has some buggy moments that wont take away from immense enjoyment this game provides".

Worse, the bugs will be described as "endearing" and "adding character" even as they severely cripple balance and gameplay.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Worse, the bugs will be described as "endearing" and "adding character" even as they severely cripple balance and gameplay.

Like that pot placing on heads thing in Skyrim which was adorable, then they see a bug in New Vegas and go all FUCK YOU OBSIDIAN, YOU RUINED THE FUCKING GAME, HOPE YOUR HOUSES BURN YOU FAGGOTS, APOLOGIZE YOU FUCKS. Despite bug testing and greenlighting the game for release being done by Bethesda.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom