Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Angthoron

Arcane
Buying emoticons is similarly addictive as buying cheap games you will never play :codexisfor:
Do people actually use Steam forums for anything but complaining about prices?

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Steam emotes cost a few pennies, and anyone who bothers playing their games ends up with enough pointless steam cards to sell to morons that they're never short of a little bit of pretend Steam money (hell, even people who don't play their games get given 'booster packs' every so often for no reason). It's a cunning plan by Valve to give normal people emotes while redistributing money out of the hands of morons who actually buy cards and into the company's pockets. I have no objections to this, though I don't personally bother with emotes or selling cards, since the seconds spent clicking aren't worth the miniscule payout.

Do people actually use Steam forums for anything but complaining about prices?
The emotes are for chat as well.

Often I go through the forums for troubleshooting and pseudo-reviews. Thanks to the very large userbase, you're bound to find some useful stuff among the piles of "lol game sux" and "when is the next sale" posted by people with memes for avatars/usernames

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Were+doomed.+Gaben+pls_cf9438_5182664.jpg

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
It's mostly a case of UBI not being able to program their way out of a paper-bag.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Meanwhile, people diss and condemn that Ukranian developer that made a Wolfenstein 3D mod that took place in a concentration camp.

Hypocrites.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
"To people who don’t know videogames, there’s a connotation they are done fly-by-night by kids in the garage, but Bethesda is a large organization, correct?"

Nobody thinks that.

"In the scene that I saw the scene is looking for a doctor, Dr. Roth, he uses Yiddish, he’s a Jewish character, and he is a member of a group called “Da’at Yichud.” Are there other explicitly Jewish moments in the game? There’s a moment where he says “gey avek!” which means “go away!” Are there other moments like this?

I don’t know, I’ll make a note to get back to you. [Note: I never heard back.]"

:keepmyjewgold:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Well done of Pete to stand firm in the face of zionist aggression an ignorant mainstream journalist.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
inb4 petey becomes /v/'s new hero

He seems amusingly disinterested. Not that I object, just funny to see PR responding in that manner.
That's probably the best way to handle an interview like that. Can't take a quote out of context when it's just one word.

"Are there other explicitly Jewish moments in the game?"

What does this even mean

He seems amusingly disinterested.

Those are very banal questions. "Yes, it's a game about nazis, there are nazis in it doing nazi things. Is that all? Did you come all the way over here to ask that?"

You’re talking about a game with robot dogs and giant mechs that roam the cities, where it is the 1960s where the Nazis have taken over the world, they got to the moon first and all of these other things. It’s pretty clear what you are doing in the game doesn’t have much basis in reality.

:lol:

b-but muh controversy

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
So TF2 is getting an update and Valve seems to have spent a lot of time making a VERY long video about it. It's almost longer than all the "Meet the..." videos combined.

Last edited:

LivingOne

Savant
Phil Fish Says YouTubers Are Stealing From Game Developers
YouTubers commit 'piracy' by not sharing ad revenue says Fez dev.
by Stephen Daly on 18th Jun, 2014

phil-fish.jpg

Controversial developer Phil Fish, who abruptly cancelled development of Fez 2 last year over a heated Twitter debate, has once again raised eyebrows on the social network, claiming that YouTubers are 'stealing' from game developers.

At the beginning of a series of tweets captured by GameSpot, the developer wrote:

"YouTubers should have to pay out a huge portion of their revenue to the developers from which they steal all their content. [Ad] revenue should be shared with developers. This should be built into YouTube. Anything else is basically piracy."

He went on to add that:

"If you generate money from putting my content on your channel, you owe me money. Simple as that. If you buy a movie, are you then allowed to stream the entirety of it publicly for people to watch for free? No, because that's illegal.

"Systems are in place to prevent that. But buy Fez, put ALL of it on YouTube, turn on ads, make money from it and that's TOTALLY FINE. And the developer should in NO WAY be compensated for their work being freely distributed to the world. Right. Makes sense."

Afterwards, and perhaps in response to a surge of negative comments, Fish wrote "Nevermind" and protected his account. A search of Twitter no longer appears to show the account, which would be included in search results even if protected, possibly suggesting he has deleted it.

What Fish does not appear to have taken into consideration is the fact that YouTube allows for ContentID match and copyright owner monetisation - a policy which has proven controversial for Nintendo who last month announced an "affliate program" to share revenues with YouTubers.

It was revealed earlier this week that PewDiePie earns a staggering $4 million annually from his YouTube gaming videos.​

Cadmus

Arcane
this is the guy who said he would literally kill himself if his game flopped? I remember him by the fucking sideburns and by the fact that he is completely insane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom