Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Mojang seems to think that skirts a little too close to the murky territory of individuals who didn’t make the game charging for said game"

Only Notch is allowed to get away with that :troll:

I'd like to see him try to enforce that. There's a fairly long tradition of server owners in games providing perks for donating. If major AAA corps still allow it I'm guessing its not out of the goodness of their heart and instead because they judge it as a fight not worth fighting, so a shitty indie developer doesn't have much chance.

Not that I agree with servers modded with excess amounts of shit, but the solution is to play on another server.

In addition, ignorant players or parents were complaining to Mojang thinking that the money they paid for perks was going Mojang. These servers’ business practices are impacting the company in a very real way.

:lol:

This is what happens when the sucker you're taking advantage of ends up being so amazingly stupid that your embezzlement plan backfires and you lose money instead.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...hooting-peaked-with-bungies-decade-old-halo-2

Why online shooting peaked with Bungie's decade-old Halo 2

Halo 2 emerged almost a full decade ago into a gaming world, it's worth remembering, very different from our own. I knew Halo 2's multiplayer was likely to be good because its LAN-only predecessor in Halo: Combat Evolved had inspired me and a group of my friends to learn the basics of network cabling and regularly rearrange our houses into wired battlegrounds. The promise of doing this online was huge - Halo 2 wasn't just the reason I bought my first Xbox Live subscription. It was the reason I got broadband. It dragged me and a generation of gamers through the rabbit hole and into the bittersweet connected wonderland beyond.

Remember kids, there are people out there for whom multiplayer gaming started with the Xbox.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...hooting-peaked-with-bungies-decade-old-halo-2

Because the first time is always the best.

Remember kids, there are people out there for whom multiplayer gaming started with the Xbox.
Really though, if you say "console online shooting" then it's probably true. Halo 2 still had some of the elements that made the classics like Quake and UT great, and that simply don't exist in modern military shooters.[/QUOTE]

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
transformers.png

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
As I was looking for some Doom wads I stumbled upon some plushies.

doom-plushies.jpg

Pixel_the_Cacodemon_by_ultravioletbat.jpg

And the cake for dessert

cacodemon_cake__by_sheshechan.jpg

Some old photos in Id HQ.

dhs023.jpg

Dave Taylor, one of the main programmers of Doom.

dhs025.jpg

Romero with glowing evil red eye.

dhs026.jpg

His whole office.

dhs028.jpg

dhs029.jpg

On those two pictures are awards for Id games, plus articles and similar things.

dhs030.jpg

American Mcgee (love the NIN t-shirt)

dhs032.jpg

His retro Toyota.

dhs031.jpg

Main office (Doom posters, Doom posters everywhere :lol:)

OAhPv51.jpg

:salute:

Last edited:

Luzur

Good Sir

Halo 2 emerged almost a full decade ago into a gaming world, it's worth remembering, very different from our own. I knew Halo 2's multiplayer was likely to be good because its LAN-only predecessor in Halo: Combat Evolved had inspired me and a group of my friends to learn the basics of network cabling and regularly rearrange our houses into wired battlegrounds. The promise of doing this online was huge - Halo 2 wasn't just the reason I bought my first Xbox Live subscription. It was the reason I got broadband. It dragged me and a generation of gamers through the rabbit hole and into the bittersweet connected wonderland beyond.

Readign this reminded me how much we have lost since the days of Halo 2 & Halo 3. The CODification has gone too far. Remember when map control was an actual thing? The good old days.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Romero, despite all the warnings, all his plans, felt nothing but shock. "Wait," he said, "don't you mean a year ago that I wasn't working? Because these last seven months I've been killing myself! I've been killing myself to make Quake!" "No," Carmack said, "you're not doing your work! You're not living up to your responsibilities. You're hurting the project. You're hurting the company. You've been poisonous to the company, and your contribution has been negative over the past couple years. You needed to do better and you didn't. Now you need to go! Here's a resignation and here's a termination! You're going to resign now!" I don't want to be here, Adrian thought, staring more deeply into the carpet, I don't want to be here, I don't want to be here. Despite the fact that both Carmack and Romero were each somewhat justified, he knew there was no way out. But then everything stopped. Romero fell quiet. Deep inside him, the bit began to flip, as it had so many times in his life: he would not let this get him down just like he hadn't let anything else - his father, his stepfather, his own broken families, and now his own broken company. I was making plans to go start a company with Tom anyway, he reminded himself. I guess I'll go now. He wasn't bowing out from a fight, he was starting his new life. Romero signed the form, handed it to Carmack, and headed out.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
I have both the Cacodemon and the Pain Elemental plushies sitting on my computer. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom