Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Lord Chambers

Erudite
The secret to having fun in Oblivion is...

There's even someone in the thread giving tips on how to roleplay, like going to the church to pray, and making friends with the priest. He's offered to help other players find their roles. Such as paladin. Or elf paladin. Someone should have him make a diplomat character that enjoys probing the many varied NPCs of Cyrodill.

Kraszu

Prophet
If the dialogue sucks, it's because you people have no imagination.

Gold. Super mario is the best racing game just use your imagination.

MacBone

Scholar
think the dilouges good for a game of this size, always here differant things and after all if i want unique and interesting dilouge ill talk to some real people.

See, 'cause huge freakin' games shouldn't be expected to have good dialogue.

Xi

Arcane
Yeah, it's cluttered with contradicting hyperbole presented in circle jerk form. I can't believe I spent so much time there.

Next they will be saying "just pretend that it's a video game!"

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
MacBone said:
think the dilouges good for a game of this size, always here differant things and after all if i want unique and interesting dilouge ill talk to some real people.

See, 'cause huge freakin' games shouldn't be expected to have good dialogue.
Took me a few minutes to figure out what the fuck "dilouges" are.

Kendar

Novice
If this thread is some sort of contest about finding the best thread ever on the internet, there should be a rule forbidding to go to the ESF. I seriously don't see the difference between that and cheatting.

OverrideB1

Scholar
Kendar said:
If this thread is some sort of contest about finding the best thread ever on the internet, there should be a rule forbidding to go to the ESF. I seriously don't see the difference between that and cheatting.

But they're so... so... cute at the ESF - flailing around, deperately trying to justify the RPG-tag that Bethesda plastered on the side of Oblivion. For their next trick, they'll prove that black is white and get killed the next time they use a zebra-crossing*

* With apologies to the Late Douglas Adams

Section8

Cipher
I think it's very appropriate that "ESF" sounds so... Myers-Briggs.

ESFs never seem to lose their sense of wonder. One might say they see life through rose-colored glasses. It's as though they live at the edge of a looking-glass world where mundane objects come to life, where flora and fauna take on near-human qualities.

ESF children often exhibit this in a 'Calvin and Hobbes' fashion, switching from reality to fantasy and back again. With few exceptions, it is the ESF child who readily develops imaginary playmates (as with Anne of Green Gables's "bookcase girlfriend"--her own reflection) and whose stuffed animals come to life like the Velveteen Rabbit and the Skin Horse:

"...Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand..." (the Skin Horse)

ESFs have the ability to see good in almost anyone or anything. Even for the most unlovable the ESF is wont to have pity.

Of course, pseudo-psychology is intended to sound accurate when applied to anything, so what do I know? ;)

Data4

Arcane
Excrément said:
The Elder Scrolls 4
because the Codex need a whipping boy to avoid death.

The Elder Scrolls 4:
Because Excrément needs mediocrity to defend

-D4

HardCode

Erudite
The Elder Scrolls 4:
A Sucker Born Every Minute.

TES4:
A to the D to the Hyper-D

Lurkar

Scholar
Seeing all the folks on the TES forums becoming imbittered is a beautiful experience.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... pic=418752
icon_salut.gif

Micmu

Magister
Ahh.. Oblivion is a more streamlined and dumbed down RPG compared to the other Elder Scroll games, but it is still an OK game. Not as good as say Fable (I reference fable because it and OB have alot in common) but still its good.
All what OB misses are bouncing XP balls.

MacBone

Scholar
Naked_Lunch said:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=418752
icon_salut.gif

This guy speaks the truth, and no one listens? Kinda weird - I know there are some CRPGers over at the ES forums.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom