Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Dumbest Wasteland 2 backer blowout yet?
Twigleaf
iconGames.png
15. des @ 4:37am
2 major gripes to InXile on this. And I consider it unethical practice.
This has been a controversy for a while in the devolpment of this game. This actually was a Kickstarter funded game by Brian Fargo and team. By putting it up on Steam, they have not only destroyed the principle of the " Kickstarter / Shareholder " idea. Where I am talking about, we funded the project over a year ago on kickstarter, and we the public are the stockholders. Putting this out here on Steam just threw that entire concept out the window, as its now a money grab.

Point #2, and a big one. The development team, that was FUNDED by kickstarter money, was moved to another project, called Torment. They can spin it whichever way they want, but the people who funded Wasteland 2, just had their developers moved to another game. Yet the people who funded it, get absolutely no credit for the move. A real ♥♥♥♥♥♥ move.

Putting the game up here as early access is a surprise by many. It was thought that only the kickstarters and backers of the project would be involved.

If they were needing money, that would be a different story, but this game hit its 100% mark FAST. They moved their design team to another project before this one was finished. Gave absolutely no credit to the people who backed W2, while they happily used their money to make a SECOND GAME. On top of that, they put an additional kickstarter site up for the second game, Torment.

I love the game, but a REAL ♥♥♥♥♥♥ move from Fargo and company.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/240760/discussions/0/630799997460566345/#p1

So, this Blockland game showed up on Steam...basically Lego. Sounds cool and all but I was hoping for entertainme-

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=152994.0

admin said:
Might does not make right, faggots. You can't host a party and then fling shit at people because it's "your party". If you cheat at your own dm you are a pathetic child. Cucumberdude is in the wrong here.

:lol:

user said:
That is kind of bad logic. If the person hosts it, he can do what ever he wants. It's his server. That's like saying if I was building with my legos in my house and one of my friends was playing with me, too, and I just started changing one thing, and my friend starts complaining. I own/made the shit, I can do whatever I want.

admin said:
Well goodbye forever, kiddo. I own/made this shit, so I guess I can do whatever I want and I really want to ban you.

:lol: :lol:

user 2 said:
8:13 PM - ₪The Spie [SpyCrab]₪: Ask why I was permanent banned for no reason

:lol: :lol: :lol:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I remember RPS gave Fallout New Vegas a good raping and it is one of the reasons I don't trust them as a reputable gaming website.
I had to check who wrote the review. It's dude named Quinton Smith. I'm not sure if he's still with them.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I remember RPS gave Fallout New Vegas a good raping and it is one of the reasons I don't trust them as a reputable gaming website.
I had to check who wrote the review. It's dude named Quinton Smith. I'm not sure if he's still with them.
http://www.eurogamer.net/author/178

Wrote a review on the 12th.

EDIT: Oh this is fucking rich.

CliffyB said:
A lot of these kids playing Call of Duty- I don't think they know what a proper arena shooter is.

Kahlis

Cipher
Not sure about the towelheads, but the media (which would bring it to their attention for purely informative purposes, of course) sure isn't.
The media talks about everything. I saw that story about the ten-year game of Civ 2 appear on news sites following the week it was posted. Even if you play the games there's not really anything particularly interesting about this except on a technical level, taking the things that naturally occur in the game and seeing how they might round each other out if you keep playing well after everything is at the end of the tech tree. But sites were managing to spin it into a kind of "imagine if this happened in the future for realsies, spooky" story. Just to fill up those sensationalist columns they always have on the side.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Last edited:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The "Diversity Hub" should be a small, dark room, where anyone who enters is immediately restrained and reamed up the ass by big-cocked black trannies. Either the patron will enjoy it, in which case it is an enriching and diversifying experience, or they won't, in which case it's an educating experience about what unprivilgeged groups in America go through every day.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer

And that's why you never give in to those people. Just not fucking ever. It doesn't mean if you feel sorry, if you say sorry, if you're making concessions, if you're trying to actually listen to them, if you're trying to coexist peacefully - it just doesn't matter. The only thing that is fucking important is them being the suffering victim and you being the cruel oppressor, and whatever you do, you're already branded as a despicable subhuman being and that won't change. So why bother? If you're branded as some kind of fascist, you might as well enjoy being one - if I were them (meaning if they had balls), I'd build a Dickwolves Hub instead. Because fuck it sideways.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom