Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

catfood

AGAIN
Hey, at least they're being honest about it.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I've always said there should be room for interactive stories that aren't games. The problem comes when you label your interactive fiction as a "game", or go all hamburger hepler and insist that gameplay should be present but optional.
So "Telltale Games" should change their name to something more appropriate, since they're apparently not going to be making games anymore.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
As if you can hide anything today...

That's exactly it. From withholding review copies from reviewers they don't like to that Escapist retard who was saying that only "professionals" should do reviews, it's pretty obvious they don't like information outside of their control.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I've always said there should be room for interactive stories that aren't games. The problem comes when you label your interactive fiction as a "game", or go all hamburger hepler and insist that gameplay should be present but optional.
So "Telltale Games" should change their name to something more appropriate, since they're apparently not going to be making games anymore.

So you're saying they're just telling tales?

:troll:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
They are right. Thinking about stuff and having emotions is absolutely incompatible. Scientists do not have a heart.

Brinko

Arcane
http://www.polygon.com/2013/12/11/5199452/lawfirm-kicks-off-investigation-into-ea-and-battlefield-4
Publisher Electronic Arts is currently under investigation by law firm Holzer Holzer and Fistel, LLC for possibly misleading investors and analysts regarding the quality of Battlefield 4, which has been plagued with problems across all platforms since it launched in late October.

Holzer Holzer and Fistel is focusing its investigation on statements made between July 24, 2013 and December 4, 2013 regarding Battlefield 4's development, sales, and impact on EA's revenue and future projects. The Atlanta-based law firm is looking into whether EA violated federal securities laws during this time by making false statements about the game's status.

The firm encourages those who purchased EA common stock between July 24 and Dec. 4 or who suffered investment losses during this year contact Holzer Holzer and Fistel attorney Marshall P. Dees regarding legal rights in this case.

Holzer Holzer and Fistel is a law firm focused on representation of shareholders and investors and investigation of SEC violations. The company currently has a number of outstanding cases, including investigations into clothing retailer Urban Oufitters, Ventrus Biosciences and Lumber Liquidators Holdings.

On Nov. 18, Battlefield's servers suffered DDOS attack, which was followed by two weeks of fixes and patches issued across all platforms to address various bugs and crashes. Last week, EA announced that it would cease work on future Battlefield 4 expansions until issues with the current state of the game have been rectified. As a result, on Dec. 6, EA's stock dropped 7.3 percent. Yesterday, DICE created a tracker page on the Battlelog forums for the top problems within the game and status updates on incoming fixes.

lulz

http://www.polygon.com/2013/12/11/5199452/lawfirm-kicks-off-investigation-into-ea-and-battlefield-4
Publisher Electronic Arts is currently under investigation by law firm Holzer Holzer and Fistel, LLC for possibly misleading investors and analysts regarding the quality of Battlefield 4, which has been plagued with problems across all platforms since it launched in late October.

Holzer Holzer and Fistel is focusing its investigation on statements made between July 24, 2013 and December 4, 2013 regarding Battlefield 4's development, sales, and impact on EA's revenue and future projects. The Atlanta-based law firm is looking into whether EA violated federal securities laws during this time by making false statements about the game's status.

The firm encourages those who purchased EA common stock between July 24 and Dec. 4 or who suffered investment losses during this year contact Holzer Holzer and Fistel attorney Marshall P. Dees regarding legal rights in this case.

Holzer Holzer and Fistel is a law firm focused on representation of shareholders and investors and investigation of SEC violations. The company currently has a number of outstanding cases, including investigations into clothing retailer Urban Oufitters, Ventrus Biosciences and Lumber Liquidators Holdings.

On Nov. 18, Battlefield's servers suffered DDOS attack, which was followed by two weeks of fixes and patches issued across all platforms to address various bugs and crashes. Last week, EA announced that it would cease work on future Battlefield 4 expansions until issues with the current state of the game have been rectified. As a result, on Dec. 6, EA's stock dropped 7.3 percent. Yesterday, DICE created a tracker page on the Battlelog forums for the top problems within the game and status updates on incoming fixes.

lulz

Finally, the judicial branch of the government will decide what score a game should get.

Looks nice. By the way:

http://gamebanshee.com/news/112824-chris-avellone-on-fallout-2-podcast-interview.html

In case you're even remotely curious about the development of Black Isle's classic Fallout 2, you'll want to listen to this episode of the Extrasode podcast, which features an interview with Chris Avellone that is completely devoted to the subject.

It's kind of difficult to summarize the contents, but I can say Chris goes over the game's pros and cons, explains what he would have done differently now that he has much more experience, and also why ultimately overreaching with, for example, his New Reno design might not have been all that bad.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks nice. By the way:

http://gamebanshee.com/news/112824-chris-avellone-on-fallout-2-podcast-interview.html

In case you're even remotely curious about the development of Black Isle's classic Fallout 2, you'll want to listen to this episode of the Extrasode podcast, which features an interview with Chris Avellone that is completely devoted to the subject.

It's kind of difficult to summarize the contents, but I can say Chris goes over the game's pros and cons, explains what he would have done differently now that he has much more experience, and also why ultimately overreaching with, for example, his New Reno design might not have been all that bad.

Yeah, I've been meaning to listen to that and newspost it, but...other shit came up.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
The new GameBanshee is pretty:
Geez man, I almost got cancer heart attack which is normal when you see another-redesigned-look-website which is in reallity ugly, cumbersome, overloaded (old PCs barely handle it) and unreadable confusing.

Not sure if superimportant but...
Terminal Reality (knowed for Nocturne, Bloodrayne and propably Blair Witch games?) is shuted down.
Jesse Sosa, a former employee and 10-year veteran of the studio, today wrote on Facebook that the studio "seems to have finally shut down."
Seems like another cool devs group that made few cool games and make bland games with "Kinect" in title and then make crap called Walking Dead Survival Instinct.

Last edited:

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Prohibiting monetization is probably a good way to ensure that let's players are actual fans and not just cunts trying to make a buck without having to work.
So what's the problem? Less AAA console sales and less YouTube "celebrities" can only be a win-win.
PEOPLE MAKE MONEY BY PLAYING VIDEO GAMES

THIS MAKES ME SO ANGRY

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
What purpose would that serve, though? Free advertising is free advertising, doesn't matter if the guy is doing it out of love for the game or because he's an interwebs celebrity. Sounds like another case of suits being a decade behind the times. "Some guy is making videos of our game? That's not how it works, tell him to stop" "But boss, people love this guy, if he praises the game we won't need to pay those journa-" "Whatever, just do it. While you're at it, call that asian kid from IGN, tell him we need at least a 9.8 this time".
It's a way for them to a) make more money through YouTube, b) have greater control over YouTube channels (they'll allow them to monetize in return for positive reviews), c) gave them more options to squash negative reviews.

Whiner

Augur
They block the Youtube train mod video :negative:
Crazy Joe is not happy.

The great Youtube layoff maybe?

Oesophagus

Arcane
Time to work that shovel, Joe

mlL8kXd.gif

Oesophagus

Arcane
Not sure they'll have the traffic elsewhere, I wouldn't go out of my way to watch angry joe. Then again I don't watch him anyway

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
His rant was entertaining until he got visibly sad at the end. He does those videos for a living, to keep his wife and baby fed, and YouTube fucking him over like that? Its sickening.

Welcome to the 21st century, Joe. Actually, welcome to mankind - things have always been like this. We just have the internet now.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Well, since publishers are pissing on fair use, just because they can, I guess I'll be pirating their games instead of paying for them, just because I can.

Then again, that is mostly theoretical, since I don't really play AAA games. Maybe I should join a scene group out of spite?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom