Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Everything you wanted to know about ships made of fingernails, but were too stupid to ask.

It's only been around for 800 years.

EDIT: And in the future it's VERTICAL!

Naglfar1920x1080.jpg

What's really baffling is that the art and the "story" were by two different people.

The name "drawnladylover" makes me think it was a commisioned story.

What I like is how their boots are so heavy the ogres can simply lift their bodies out of them. Must be hard to adventure in those.

edit: from the story's page on e-hentai

Complaining that they aren't escaping by using spells is fairly shortsighted since druids and wizards (rogue/wizard Imoen assumed) in D&D work on a memorized/prepared spell set with inherent variance in usefulness and like all spell casters only have a limited number of spells per day, so it's completely possible that they'd be out of spells at the time.

Given the dialogue however it's clear that isn't the case and instead the pair have a low concentration score and that anal counts as melee.

It's like neither the artist nor you guys are even here for the dungeons and dragons.

:lol:

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
What's really baffling is that the art and the "story" were by two different people.

What I like is how their boots are so heavy the ogres can simply lift their bodies out of them. Must be hard to adventure in those.

Complaining that they aren't escaping by using spells is fairly shortsighted since druids and wizards (rogue/wizard Imoen assumed) in D&D work on a memorized/prepared spell set with inherent variance in usefulness and like all spell casters only have a limited number of spells per day, so it's completely possible that they'd be out of spells at the time.

Given the dialogue however it's clear that isn't the case and instead the pair have a low concentration score and that anal counts as melee.

It's like neither the artist nor you guys are even here for the dungeons and dragons.

This is why mobs prefer classic 2nd Ed D&D when it comes to rape.

Dexter

Arcane
Dumbass suits shooting themselves in the foot once again. Who cares if they're getting the fucking ad money, they're advertising your products. That's a good thing, remember? You pay people to do just that.
So what's the problem? Less AAA console sales and less YouTube "celebrities" can only be a win-win. I just don't know about the retarded Copyright implications behind this decision.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I'm starting to feel really bad for the console peasants. I mean, if I want to see how a game plays before buying it, I can just pirate it, don't need youtube for that. But what can a consoletard do? Even their new video recording capability only works if the developer allows it. It's really kind of sad how much the industry wants to assfuck them with this new console generation.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm starting to feel really bad for the console peasants. I mean, if I want to see how a game plays before buying it, I can just pirate it, don't need youtube for that. But what can a consoletard do? Even their new video recording capability only works if the developer allows it. It's really kind of sad how much the industry wants to assfuck them with this new console generation.

On the other hand, far too many gaming titles are of such low content and quality that a good Letsplay-video is equivalent to playing the game itself.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Dumbass suits shooting themselves in the foot once again. Who cares if they're getting the fucking ad money, they're advertising your products. That's a good thing, remember? You pay people to do just that.
Prohibiting monetization is probably a good way to ensure that let's players are actual fans and not just cunts trying to make a buck without having to work. Now if you're an indie dev you'll probably take whatever attention you can get, but if you're a big publisher then you can get away with being more restrictive.

Oesophagus

Arcane
So what's the problem? Less AAA console sales and less YouTube "celebrities" can only be a win-win. I just don't know about the retarded Copyright implications behind this decision.

Unless publishers decide who gets to do LPs of their games and who doesn't. Celebrities may survive by just sucking cock, what about honest appraisals of games?

Now if you're an indie dev you'll probably take whatever attention you can get, but if you're a big publisher then you can get away with being more restrictive.

I wonder if Notch would have that house made of money if it wasn't for youtube LPs

The one thing they crave more than money is control.

It's interesting to note that most who stream games currently (and are being banhammered) are doing so on/through PC, while both new consoles have their own built-in proprietary streaming solution.

I'm assuming the Xbone/PS4 footage that is uploaded through the respective consoles is still under the control of Microsoft/Sony.

I suppose their problem is it's uncontrolled advertising or reviewing. Some people might see their game sucks!

As if you can hide anything today...

hn0xjt.jpg

Prohibiting monetization is probably a good way to ensure that let's players are actual fans and not just cunts trying to make a buck without having to work. Now if you're an indie dev you'll probably take whatever attention you can get, but if you're a big publisher then you can get away with being more restrictive.

What purpose would that serve, though? Free advertising is free advertising, doesn't matter if the guy is doing it out of love for the game or because he's an interwebs celebrity. Sounds like another case of suits being a decade behind the times. "Some guy is making videos of our game? That's not how it works, tell him to stop" "But boss, people love this guy, if he praises the game we won't need to pay those journa-" "Whatever, just do it. While you're at it, call that asian kid from IGN, tell him we need at least a 9.8 this time".

Last edited:

Luzur

Good Sir

GIRLS!!

I WILL SMASH YOUR ASS

Whiner

Augur
He is getting money by making fun of autistic people and vlogging.
Why would he stop?This is not LP.
And there is no way for Piwtipei to stop with his videos,he is making way too much money.

Repressed Homosexual
http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/10/...g-dead-turned-telltale-into-the-hbo-of-gaming

Over the years the company carved a niche for itself as it pioneered a different kind of structure for games. Instead of 60-hour epics, Telltale built games as short episodes, which were released every month or so over the course of seasons lasting around five or six episodes. Early series like Sam & Max Save the World and Tales of Monkey Island felt a lot like those classic adventure games, humorous adventures with lots of puzzles to solve and witty dialogue to navigate. As Dennis Lenart, director for season two of The Walking Dead puts it, they were often aiming to stimulate the player's brain with challenging puzzles. That finally changed in 2012 with the first season of The Walking Dead.
""We focus less on the head and just aim straight for people’s hearts.""

kazgar

Arcane
http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/10/...g-dead-turned-telltale-into-the-hbo-of-gaming

Over the years the company carved a niche for itself as it pioneered a different kind of structure for games. Instead of 60-hour epics, Telltale built games as short episodes, which were released every month or so over the course of seasons lasting around five or six episodes. Early series like Sam & Max Save the World and Tales of Monkey Island felt a lot like those classic adventure games, humorous adventures with lots of puzzles to solve and witty dialogue to navigate. As Dennis Lenart, director for season two of The Walking Dead puts it, they were often aiming to stimulate the player's brain with challenging puzzles. That finally changed in 2012 with the first season of The Walking Dead.
""We focus less on the head and just aim straight for people’s hearts.""

t3vw0OY.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom