Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I see that he made Fallout 3 - New Vegas walkthrough :troll:. Bookmarked and started from latest Deus Ex.

Time travel exists but we failed to heed the time-travelers' warnings:

(1996 game)

2015? It seems that the worst popamole is yet to come.

From what I can tell, health isn't regenerating, only shields. And it clearly has an interesting art style with more than 3 colors. If this is 2015 then it might be the start of the salvation of FPS pulling itself out of the gutter.

Tzaero

DEPARTED
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
More second life madness...

The Sims: RK Edition

320.jpg

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Porpentine, a person who once blacklisted the Codex after I linked to an article on her site, wrote a rambling guest post for RPS that I'm not going to bother linking.
There’s a certain dangerous appeal for me, this finicky meticulous tidying up. As if there was something noble about my bloodshed being clinical and noiseless. Fortunately I kicked that habit after spending days quick-loading Deus Ex saves to grow my perfect garden of bad-ass silent take-downs cultivated through millennia of time travel (compare to me spending weeks hopelessly mired in Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, stuck on any level where it was remotely possible to jump from a place of any altitude with my katana and slice people in half.) Quick saves are a serious societal scourge and they ruin lives.
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou

Teenager Pays $735 For A Picture Of An Xbox One
ku-xlarge.jpg

English teenager Peter Clatworthy made some very bad decisions during an Xbox One auction on eBay, paying £450 (USD$735) and not even getting a console. He got a picture of a console.P

The 19-year-old student told the Nottingham Post that he'd saved up the money so that he could buy the console as a surprise Christmas present for his four year-old son (right). Instead, he got the picture. And it wasn't even a good picture! Just a crummy print-out.

Despite the listing stating it was a photo of an XBox One Day One edition console, Mr Clatworthy said he'd expected to receive the console as it was listed in the video games and consoles category on eBay.

He instead received the photo in the post on Monday, with it having 'thank you for your purchase' written on the back.P

Nottingham teenager gets £450 refund after buying a photo of an XBox One on eBay [Nottingham Post]P

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The 19-year-old student told the Nottingham Post that he'd saved up the money so that he could buy the console as a surprise Christmas present for his four year-old son (right).

iyo70j.jpg

Despite the listing stating it was a photo of an XBox One Day One edition console, Mr Clatworthy said he'd expected to receive the console as it was listed in the video games and consoles category on eBay.
Too dumb to live? Really why the fuck did he get refund? He paid for picture, he got one. Also what Roxor said quoted...

450 pounds = 730 US dollars = how the fuck do you spend that much money without reading shit a second time?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Porpentine, a person who once blacklisted the Codex after I linked to an article on her site, wrote a rambling guest post for RPS that I'm not going to bother linking.
There’s a certain dangerous appeal for me, this finicky meticulous tidying up. As if there was something noble about my bloodshed being clinical and noiseless. Fortunately I kicked that habit after spending days quick-loading Deus Ex saves to grow my perfect garden of bad-ass silent take-downs cultivated through millennia of time travel (compare to me spending weeks hopelessly mired in Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, stuck on any level where it was remotely possible to jump from a place of any altitude with my katana and slice people in half.) Quick saves are a serious societal scourge and they ruin lives.
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou
wat

Really why the fuck did he get refund? He paid for picture, he got one.

Bad faith. It was obviously meant to trick the buyer, which is not something you want to encourage even though it may bring lulz sometimes.

450 pounds = 730 US dollars = how the fuck do you spend that much money without reading shit a second time?

tumblr_m9mkmmXPi81r317bvo1_500.gif

Bad faith. It was obviously meant to trick the buyer, which is not something you want to encourage even though it may bring lulz sometimes.

Actually when I reread above part I realized I was under (possibly false) impression, he knew he bid on a piece of paper but expected console instead.

Doesn't make it any less stupid though.

What also seems .. interesting to me is that he thought console is good christmas present for a 4 year old (or rather wanted it himself and pretended its for kid :lol:).

Another gem:
Mr Clatworthy previously made headlines in 2007 when, aged 12, he used his judo skills to catch a drink-driver who had

crashed into three cars in Ilkeston Road, Radford.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What the sam hill is that even about?
Some tangent in a paragraph about some indie garbage. I'm annoyed because she places the blame on quicksaving when she should be placing the blame on her own lack of skill as well as DX:HR's XP system encouraging that kind of degenerate behavior.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Time travel exists but we failed to heed the time-travelers' warnings:

(1996 game)

2015? It seems that the worst popamole is yet to come.

You shoot something, and awesome cutscene has to play :yeah:. I thought Corridor 7 or Fortress of Dr. Radiaki were bad. How little did I know.

Bonus Honk Kong 97 video, the looped song is killing me.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I like Patricia, but praising the Hunger Games and Orange is the New Black for their depiction of women? :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom