Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Unwanted

Sycophantic Noob

Andhaira
Andhaira
gzp40oG.png

Luzur

Good Sir
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/lisa-game-about-world-women-60785.html

Lisa: A Game About A World Without Women

What would happen in a world where all the women have gone away? Besides prison sex no longer being confined to prison, what other horrible atrocities would befall mankind when you take womenkind out of the picture? Well, Lisa is a game that explores that very scenario.

The game is designed by a Austin Jorgensen and follows the story of a Brad Armstrong, a drunkard and a former martial artists. His quest takes place in a world full of violent bums, unsavory addicts, licentious perverts, lascivious murderers, unscrupulous fighters and suicidal drunks. Yep, it's basically if Mad Max got drunk and had a one night stand with A Clockwork Orange and the baby came out as a deformed, 16-bit, woman-free version of Cormac McCarthy's The Road.

As noted on IndieGames, Lisa is all about making hard decisions... long lasting, hard decisions. How hard? Well, some of your friends might befall a certain circumstance of grave conditions and you might have to make a choice... a hard choice... a choice that might include losing one of your limbs to cannibals in order to save your friend.

Yep, it's one of those games.

TUILaT.jpg

As noted on the Kickstarter page, it's a game that doesn't pull any punches while also including some stomach churning decision making...
“When making choices in the game you're really going to have to keep survival in mind. I don't mean keeping some stamina bar full, but coming to the realization that in order to survive you will have to be selfish and assertive. Doing the right thing isn't always the right thing for you and your progress. It will be a constant battle of choosing who you trust and who you kill.”
We don't see a whole lot of games that go knee-deep into this kind of territory and I don't know if that's really the sort of thing gamers want to escape real-life from to engage in regularly, but Lisa is the sort of unsettling, disturbing title with social commentary of the grandiose kind and fits in snugly alongside other equally disturbing tales such as The Cat Lady and The Kite (though to be fair, the latter of the aforementioned is grounded a lot more in reality).

The Kickstarter goal for Lisa is rather slim, so there's not a whole lot to lose by putting small amounts of financial backing into the project. It's also an inventively designed game made in RPG Maker, so there's at least a modicum of quality to be expected from the title.

If you like what you see, or what you've read, and you want to see this game land on a digital e-tailer's shelf near you, feel free to vote with your wallet by paying a kind visit to the official Lisa Kickstarter page.

WCDS ROLL CALL

Brinko

Arcane
As noted on the Kickstarter page, it's a game that doesn't pull any punches while also including some stomach churning decision making...
“When making choices in the game you're really going to have to keep survival in mind. I don't mean keeping some stamina bar full, but coming to the realization that in order to survive you will have to be selfish and assertive. Doing the right thing isn't always the right thing for you and your progress. It will be a constant battle of choosing who you trust and who you kill.”

I now realize why I absolutely fucking despise those dumbfuck end of civilization tv shows like Revolution and Walking Dead. They are apparently made for retards who wouldn't live 10 seconds should the power go out. Being assertive and selfish is pretty much how to survive when shit falls apart because the alternative is death or rape slavery.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Lisa: A Game About A World Without Women
They stated that the game contains (important) social commentary. I wonder what is it, men go ape shit without women around? Or maybe it's about the video game industry, without women it's all boys club with violence and rape being the main source of fun.
Fucking
liberals

Machocruz

Arcane
Machocruz said it, I believe it, that settles it. :lol: Plenty of psychology/marketing reading material will show you that there are cases a human "will buy food that tastes like shit" regardless of packaging. There are also quirks like acquired taste.

Acquired taste implies they liked the taste of it (i.e. doesn't taste like "shit" to them) and bought it regardless of whether their were nice legs on the package or not. You realize you're just helping my case, right?:smug:

Quatlo

Arcane
I just love when they pull this off. Now they are critique proof because if you say something bad about their game you will hear something of the following:
- You are too dumb and didn't understand the message
- You are butthurt over the message which means you are part of the social problem the game touches and should be ashamed of yourself
- You just don't like retro styled games junior lol!
- Its really hard to me to get into their mindset and figure out more but you get the point

In comic Y: the last man the women didn't go apeshit without men, why would men do that? Oh right, victim complex.

Also, that atrocious "old skul 8 bito visuals!" make me sick. Too bad its already funded, maybe they would show crying phil fish to get more funds but too late for that.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
In comic Y: the last man the women didn't go apeshit without men, why would men do that? Oh right, victim complex.
If this was a game developed in 19XX, my guess would be that men go apeshit because of the hopelessness of a world where humans are unable to reproduce. But we're dealing with an artsy(shitty) game produced in the foul XXI century, so I'd bet dollars to potato that It's made by some fucktarded whiteknight whith an liberal/sjw agenda.

I now realize why I absolutely fucking despise those dumbfuck end of civilization tv shows like Revolution and Walking Dead. They are apparently made for retards who wouldn't live 10 seconds should the power go out. Being assertive and selfish is pretty much how to survive when shit falls apart because the alternative is death or rape slavery.

Assertive, yes. Selfish is how you get your ass handed to you when you end up being massively outnumbered because your community lacks the cooperation needed for military organisation, economic growth and managing more than a handful of people living in one spot.

Luzur

Good Sir

Assertive, yes. Selfish is how you get your ass handed to you when you end up being massively outnumbered because your community lacks the cooperation needed for military organisation, economic growth and managing more than a handful of people living in one spot.

also some derp always manage to open the gate/door for the zombies everytime.

Gondolin

Arcane

Nvidia: 'PC far superior to next-gen consoles'

Nvidia insists players shouldn’t limit their decision between the PS4 and Xbox One when choosing their next gaming device.

The firm has launched its range of small form-factor PCs alongside Sony and Microsoft’s new machines. And Nvidia says players looking for the best games experience should opt for the PC instead.

“We are proposing small form-factor PCs to be a viable alternative to the next-gen consoles. Enthusiast players want the ultimate games system and that is the PC,” said Matt Wright, consumer sales manager at Nvidia.

“The PC platform is far superior to any console when it comes to gaming, plus you get all the extra functionality that a computer brings.”

Wright told MCV that Nvidia recognises the hesitance from players towards the ‘complex’ PC market. But he insists the manufacturer is working to break down the barriers between console and PC gaming.

“We want to make PC gaming as simple as possible and we think that it already becoming much more relevant and appealing to casual gamers,” said Wright.

And the GPU maker isn’t wrong. The latest digital data from UKIE found the PC to be the UK’s fastest growing platform.

He added: “Steam now has more users than Xbox Live. There is a whole new generation who grew up playing on PC with titles like Minecraft orWorld of Tanks. There’s a huge community who love playing their games on PC.”

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
The future generation of consoletards will have to play their dudebro shooters and cinematic masterpieces on the PC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom