Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Angthoron

Arcane
Makes me wonder, if this was a game by some company other than BioWare, would all those psychotic children still be drooling at it?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
When did the Bioware forums go insane, anyway? I seem to remember the community there being fairly normal around when NWN was coming out.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
oh yeah watch this shit bros

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/ ... ant-to-see

I want to be able to go into a mansion and kill off people one at a time till there are only 2 left who I make fight each other...Then I take satisfaction in telling the last guy he's screwed >=]

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/t ... ampires-7/

Thread title: 'The 7th incarnation of the vampire and werewolves in skyrim thread'.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/t ... ambiguity/

"Oblivion vastly improved over TES 3 in many fields. But when it came to plot and story-telling, it seemed like TES3 was analagous to a Christopher Nolan or Coen Brother's film, and 4 seemed to be like a Van Damme or Chuck Norris movie."

I think picking one director and different works of that director would be a better analogy as the games were made by the same people too.

Memento, Prestige ~Morrowind.
Dark Knight, Inception ~Oblivion.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/t ... immersion/
Oblivion's quests were better presented, and NPCs actually felt (somewhat) like they had wants and needs, due to voice acting. Even if they may have had fewer unique lines, the voice acting gave them more life than simple topics you click to read about.

:hmmm:
Your move racofer.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Xor said:
When did the Bioware forums go insane, anyway? I seem to remember the community there being fairly normal around when NWN was coming out.

Yeah. I used to visit the old Bioware site all the time. Then suddenly....

Oh wait... have you ever PLAYED Dragon Age... it would explain a lot.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Jaesun said:
Oh wait... have you ever PLAYED Dragon Age... it would explain a lot.

How can a mature game marketed on having mature sex in a mature fantasy setting with marilyn manson music in the mature trailers ever attract anything other than a mature fanbase?

Monocause

Arcane
Bioware boards member said:
I don't like it all that much. I find it way too posh for my liking, simply because I want my Lady Hawke to be a tough-as-nails warrior and not quite as refined and delicate as she comes across here. I wish they would choose someone with a more "neutral" tone, because even though your vocal cords don't define you as a person, I'd like for her to have a voice that I, personally, don't associate with "noble".
Also, I don't get the people who are saying that it adds to her femininity. I don't see how a firmer tone would make you any less of a girl. What a boring stereotype.

I've seen it previously but wow, it never ceases to amaze me. There's really something creepy in how these kids sometimes have their reality line blurred. This fellow here, for instance. You'd think he's discussing a classmate or someone's girlfriend.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Monocause said:
Bioware boards member said:
I don't like it all that much. I find it way too posh for my liking, simply because I want my Lady Hawke to be a tough-as-nails warrior and not quite as refined and delicate as she comes across here. I wish they would choose someone with a more "neutral" tone, because even though your vocal cords don't define you as a person, I'd like for her to have a voice that I, personally, don't associate with "noble".
Also, I don't get the people who are saying that it adds to her femininity. I don't see how a firmer tone would make you any less of a girl. What a boring stereotype.

I've seen it previously but wow, it never ceases to amaze me. There's really something creepy in how these kids sometimes have their reality line blurred. This fellow here, for instance. You'd think he's discussing a classmate or someone's girlfriend.

You nailed it.

Multi-headed Cow

They're inbreeding. If you think Bioware's in decline now, just wait.

Erm, but what's exactly wrong with this vid? Ingame propositions were done before, in Fallout 3 off all things, even. If your argument sounds like: "But those people are nerds! NEEEEEERDS!!", than I find it very amusing, for the fact that you all are regular posters on RPG forum, and judging by GD pictures... physician, heal thyself. :smug:

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
sgc_meltdown said:
Looks like a poster made a thread pointing out how DA2 wasn't looking very good. 8 pages of friendly debate and Witcher happens. Get it before it's deleted.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic ... /6090606/1

AHAHAHAHA.

He puts more faith into USER ratings, rather than reviewers who's job it is to review.

BWAHAHAHAHA
:salute::clap::clap::clap::clap::salute:

ShoddyGold said:
I love how everyone is deluding themselves with 'hurr i only care about storee and gameplay'.

the story is mass effect: lord of the rings and the gameplay is console rubbish

Wow a voice of reason in a Bioware thread...

which one of you was this?

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I bask in joy when reading all the butthurt replies in that thread...

Even more funny how they feel the need to lock the thread. Tell me about accepting criticism.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"Graphics suck *screenshot with detailed analysis*"

"You are just trolling, they're better than DA1 because devs say so, go read that dev blog here"

Angthoron

Arcane
Guys, maybe we should start posting reasonable criticism into retarded threads so they can be locked down? How about that.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Too much effort.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom