Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

sgc_meltdown said:
I will meet you halfway with a work that synergises the wild, untamed and primal pulp art style of the west with the iconic traits of contemporary eastern animation.

http://i.imgur.com/8sqIX.jpg
(linked for high resolution)

:thumbsup:
Ah, yes, rebis. H/she also got some artwork depicting warhammers.
http://i.imgur.com/dJo9F.jpg

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Stainless Veteran said:
Fair enough. Never liked glaives though.

That's a shame. Reach weapons should be featured more in rpgs, they're really underutilised for some reason, if not gimped.

rbZYK.jpg

sgc_meltdown said:
Stainless Veteran said:
Fair enough. Never liked glaives though.

That's a shame. Reach weapons should be featured more in rpgs, they're really underutilised for some reason, if not gimped.

rbZYK.jpg
True, true. But I can't help it, never liked glaive. One fantasy author totally ruined it for me. I'll take naginata or guan dao over it anytime.
395p5.jpg

Nael

Arcane
WOULD YOU FUCKING NEW FAGGOTS PLEASE TAKE YOUR BEST THREAD EVER MATERIAL OUTSIDE?

:x

sgc_meltdown said:
Stainless Veteran said:
I'll take naginata or guan dao over it anytime.

As with Guan Yu, nobody can dislike matchlock pistols.

svPC4.jpg
Ah, the inevitable decline of melee weapons caused by invention of firearms. Well, that thing in your illustrative material probably counts as cavalry, so I must confess - I agree with historians which concluded that usage of flintlock pistols in cavalry tactics was ineffective.

Musket-using infantry was way more justified, in my opinion.
inCku.jpg

So now one could screencap Best Thread Ever and post it to Best Thread Ever! Recursive decline FTW.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Stainless Veteran said:
Musket-using infantry was way more justified, in my opinion

I will not argue this point, but on an individual and unsupported basis like small scale group adventuring in rpgs, cavalry nearly always trumps the infantryman via mobility, like so:

rRec1.jpg

torpid

Liturgist
At least they stopped your aspie medieval armor debate which should be taken to the Codex Workshop and not clutter a thread devoted to lulz.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Angthoron said:
Oh look guys, weeaboos spamming a GRPG thread!

Unrelated. It's a conversation about revolutionary contemporary amateur fantasy art between two mature adults of refined taste and the souls of warrior poets. Enjoy your paradigm shift.

Jools said:
Airbrushed tits with depth of field

:rpgcodex:

Monocause

Arcane
racofer said:
Please mister Jools, provide us with additional material regarding this specimen.

This. Post even more.

"mister Jools" sounds like a name for an eccentric hardcore drug abuser though. As in: a name for a black guy high on crack and amphetamines all the time taking pleasure in using his machete in unexpected ways.

Angthoron

Arcane
sgc_meltdown said:
Angthoron said:
Oh look guys, weeaboos spamming a GRPG thread!

Unrelated. It's a conversation about revolutionary contemporary amateur fantasy art between two mature adults of refined taste and the souls of warrior poets. Enjoy your paradigm shift.

Curses! What have you done, now I can't demand for you to stop.

Perhaps I ought to post a few armour sets from World of Warcraft to participate in this conversation!

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Angthoron said:
Perhaps I ought to post a few armour sets from World of Warcraft to participate in this conversation!

I welcome whatever unique perspectives you may bring regarding the highly respected creative field that is game artwork.

Monocause said:
"mister Jools" sounds like a name for an eccentric hardcore drug abuser though. As in: a name for a black guy high on crack and amphetamines all the time taking pleasure in using his machete in unexpected ways.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Jules_(Fallout_2)

Angthoron

Arcane
sgc_meltdown said:
I welcome whatever unique perspectives you may bring regarding the highly respected creative field that is game artwork.

And I would like to start by introducing Alexstrasza, the Queen of the Dragons. Some of us may remember the name from Warcraft 2. She is an important character to the history of the world, and is a creature that is thousands of years old, incredibly wise, powerful and revered by all the "good" dragons.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome Alex!

Alexstrasza_the_Life-Binder.jpg

Now there's what you would call a milf, eh, lads?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom