Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

To be fair, I think what they were going for with Colonel Autumn was that he just wanted to take over the wasteland, the water purifier being his way of gaining influence over the general populace. Him sabotaging the purifier was probably intended to be a last-ditch "If we can't have it, nobody can" thing when he realized they were going to lose the plant. Being written by Bethesda, however, this is communicated horribly. Why Autumn didn't simply try to recruit you as a double agent on their side (when he clearly opposes the genocide President Eden wants to enact) is a mystery as well.

The super mutants, though, they really make no fucking sense in this game.

The purifier purifies the whole river though. It's not like he can turn it on and sells glasses of water at an EVIL markup. If anything turning it on loses him influence as the people of the wasteland can now more easily be self-sufficient on their own.

Lemming42

Arcane
I always thought Autumn was a (terribly-done) version of the classic Main-Villain's-Henchman-Having-A-Change-Of-Heart. I always thought he was supposed to have actually wanted to turn the purifier on for humanitarian reasons, but killed a lot of innocents and really got a hate-boner for The Lone Wanderer in the process because... uh...

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2

This is the video mentioned in the pic (with the Tim Cain quote) on the previous page. I hadn't seen this before.
Seriously. Just when I thought my opinion on these people couldn't get any lower.
What a bunch of fucking morons. And they talk about this shit with a straight face too.

"I can kill an old person, and put the head on a shelf" lololol.

If I didn't know better I'd think Emil has the mental capabilities of a 12 year old. Yet there he is. Working at Bethesda.

Which always made me wonder...if Autumn is supposed to be evil, why isn't joining him the evil option?

It would make more sense than the option that genetically poisons everyone, including you.

You don't join him for the same reason you don't join the Enclave in FO2 - they don't take random recruits. They got at least that much right.

Also, you're working for the rival faction.

The purifier purifies the whole river though. It's not like he can turn it on and sells glasses of water at an EVIL markup. If anything turning it on loses him influence as the people of the wasteland can now more easily be self-sufficient on their own.

Can't they just block the river?

Castores.jpg

Ninjerk

Arcane
To be fair, I think what they were going for with Colonel Autumn was that he just wanted to take over the wasteland, the water purifier being his way of gaining influence over the general populace. Him sabotaging the purifier was probably intended to be a last-ditch "If we can't have it, nobody can" thing when he realized they were going to lose the plant. Being written by Bethesda, however, this is communicated horribly. Why Autumn didn't simply try to recruit you as a double agent on their side (when he clearly opposes the genocide President Eden wants to enact) is a mystery as well.

The super mutants, though, they really make no fucking sense in this game.

My understanding was that it purified the bay that it emptied into, which didn't make any sense because you presumably have an entire irradiated ocean and/or irradiated water coming from the river's source (the Potomac, was it?).

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Please stop. Thinking about about the Fallout 3 plot is not a journey with a happy ending. There lies only madness and despair on that path.

My understanding was that it purified the bay that it emptied into, which didn't make any sense because you presumably have an entire irradiated ocean and/or irradiated water coming from the river's source (the Potomac, was it?).

I think it would purify the water as it flushes into the mainland, like a magical dam. Not sure if the entire ocean would be irradiated either, nobody dropped bombs there.

Ninjerk

Arcane

I think it would purify the water as it flushes into the mainland, like a magical dam. Not sure if the entire ocean would be irradiated either, nobody dropped bombs there.
Well, if the bay was irradiated 200 years after, and the ocean wasn't, I would think the ocean would have dispersed the radiation enough that it wouldn't have been harmful.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.

This is the video mentioned in the pic (with the Tim Cain quote) on the previous page. I hadn't seen this before.
Seriously. Just when I thought my opinion on these people couldn't get any lower.
What a bunch of fucking morons. And they talk about this shit with a straight face too.

"I can kill an old person, and put the head on a shelf" lololol.

If I didn't know better I'd think Emil has the mental capabilities of a 12 year old. Yet there he is. Working at Bethesda.

Of course they can talk about it with a straight face. It's clearly art. You can collect peoples heads and put them shelves "Mwahahahahahaha".

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Edit:
Eavesdropping: Rich Carlson, Emil Pagliarulo, Sara Verilli, Mike Chrzanowski
Life Of The Party: Emil Pagliarulo
Precious Cargo: Emil Pagliarulo

Not all bad then.

Last edited:

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
If I remember all the pre-fallout 3 hype, he used that "kill old person and put head on shelf" example enough that it became pretty creepy and I started wondering if maybe he thought a little too much about killing old people and putting their heads on a shelf. And wondered whether he actually had such a shelf in a shed in his backyard.

In any case, he seems very fond of violent video games as an outlet for his creepy murder fantasies in that video.

Lemming42

Arcane
Emil's "IT'S AMAZING BECAUSE IT'S LIKE... I WAS TALKING TO THIS PERSON 5 MINUTES AGO. NOW I'M NOT." line got a laugh out of me, but I'm not sure whether it was a genuine laugh or a kind of despairing sob.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Edit:

Not all bad then.

I think that's just proof that Bethesda games lower your IQ.

choice comments from the "Bad Karma" video.

Fallout 3 is way more better in my opinion ( noted i have played and at least 150 hours of Fallout New Vegas and at the most 50 hours of Fallout 3) and I enjoyed Fallout 3 way more mainly because it was so intense and immersive and had a more compelling story line. Also in fallout 3 its a bit more difficult to get money and survive for example: I can find 3000 caps worth of items in fallout new vegas before I even leave Goodsprings but in fallout 3 I cant find that much money or loot before I leave Megeton since I always hire Jericho as a companion. Another factor is that Fallout 3 has random events that can happen at any time and at any place but in Fallout New Vegas everything is staged and set to happen at a certain time in a certain place which makes the game feel fake and even boring sometimes. Yes, half of fallout 3 consisted of you having to kill 1000 super mutants to get to the next quest spot but its one of the aspects that made the game immersive. Fallout 3 was lawless and large which gave you a better oportunity to create your character but in new vegas every thing was dictated by the factions which limited your freedom and feels like all the locations were just clustered together. I could go on all day but now I'm going to go play fallout 3 a game that is not a cheap cash-in with little to no freedom and isn't bugged and glitched to hell like Fallout New Vegas is.

fallout new vegas is better? here's the story of that "RPG", you wake up in goodsprings, go to primm, in these two towns, you'll be facing powder gangers which are pretty much the weakest gang in the game, maybe you'll see the NCR correctional facility but you wont meet any true NCR, (i mean with a rifle) go to the mojave outpost and meet the NCR for the first time, ghost ask you to check what's wrong with nipton, you go there and then you meet caesar's legion for the first time, then you move on to the right of the map, you'll have two options, right or left, right means camp searchlight and probably cottonwood cove (before you turn around), left means a ranger station, in either of these two you'll eventually get to novac, in which you'll meet the robot again, then the only way is up, reaching helios one and then for the first time you'll meet the great khans, then going up you'll eventually get to new vegas.
thats pretty much how shit goes, you cant go any other way unless you want to face a giant pack of deathclaws, plus the deathclaw mother and the deathclaw alpha male, which means your death is pretty obvious.
in fallout 3 you can go to any place you want from the beginning, just like in the other fallouts, in fallout 3 you get the touch of isolation when you are in the wasteland, in new vegas, when you're in the wasteland you can see new vegas miles away, and even worst, you can even hear the freaking music coming from the city, that takes away the apocaliptic feeling entirely.
in fallout 3 you get a true reason to scavenge the wasteland, you're looking for the only member of your family, your dad, then the game gives you a personal reason to hate your enemy, in this case the enclace, when they kill your dad.
fallout new vegas has one of the shittiest plots i've ever seen in a video game, you're looking for the man that shot you? you get shot alot of times while looking for the man that shot you?, thats shit and we all know it, but no one wants to accept it, then you, what? you join the ncr, the legion, mr. house or you take over everything for what reason exactly? there's no reason to do anything aside from the shitty reason of you getting shot...
in fallout 3 you want to see the enclave destroyed, you want to see it in ruins after they killed the only family you had.
people think fallout new vegas is better cuz it has more from the other games,
they mean the nightkins, marco in jacobs town and other references from the past game, but this isnt a past game, and the references shouldnt be counted when we are speaking about a game's quality in general

:mhd:

If I remember all the pre-fallout 3 hype, he used that "kill old person and put head on shelf" example enough that it became pretty creepy and I started wondering if maybe he thought a little too much about killing old people and putting their heads on a shelf. And wondered whether he actually had such a shelf in a shed in his backyard.

In any case, he seems very fond of violent video games as an outlet for his creepy murder fantasies in that video.

That's just WACKY evil, kinda like when Sheogorath says he'll tear out your face and eat it with cheese. Everyone likes that. I'd be more worried if he fixated on stuff like how you can sell one of the little girls from Little Lamplight as a slave (complete with pedotastic "come with me, I have something cool to show you" dialogue), or how you can make Moira fall into depression so she'll forget about the survival book and dedicate more time to her store (her Repair skill goes up), or how the "good" solution for Tranquility Lane is to turn off everyone's life support except for Braun, who gets to be stuck there forever. Nobody cared about those, which proves he was right about focusing on "lol you can shoot old women".

Last edited:

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2

Edit:

Not all bad then.

You picked up on the irony in that line. Good, good. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom