Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh my God, that video is so boring. Phenomenally boring, but at least they preserved TES duck-stealth.

Also, wtf? Did they get spears into this piece of crap or is that some spell? Actually nevermind, I don't care.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I remember my brief foray into the Dark Souls 1 thread. I simply gave up after a while. Even suggesting they implement pause (because some of us have lives and sometimes have to get up to do something at the most inopportune moments) was met with cries about what a casual I was.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Oh, I can understand their reasoning. It's the way they carried themselves that was odd. I would have expected such a reaction had someone suggested a quest compass.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
f22345022c2ead8ab8be36da2b088283.jpg

sochibear8.png

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Repressed Homosexual
Dark Souls fans are like Call of Cthulhu fans, they're atheists who love feeling persecuted, this feeling of "it's me against the whole of humanity and dark forces" and who revel in material that gives weight to their nihilistic belief system.

Last edited:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dark Souls fans are like Call of Cthulhu fans, they're atheists who love feeling persecuted, this feeling of "it's me against the whole of humanity and dark forces" and who revel in material that gives weight to their nihilistic belief system.
This perfectly describes a friend of mine.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Nothing is as bad as Bethesda fans.

unless you start go get into people who are fans of things for weird fetish reasons like Pokemon

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Thing is, Biodrones, creepy as they are, usually don't champion Bioware games as revolutionary and genre-defining, and the same is true for Bethesda fans nowadays (although it wasn't back in Oblivion's time). Meanwhile, people who like The Walking Dead or The Last of Us will actively evangelize about these being industry-defining experiences of unprecedented quality. Shit's crazy, and it even leaks into the press, what with how many awards these games have garnered.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
So is The Walking Dead still shit? The comics and the show, I mean, don't give a shit about any game.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Thing is, Biodrones, creepy as they are, usually don't champion Bioware games as revolutionary and genre-defining
Nah, most of them genuinely think Mass Effect is the ultimate evolution of RPGs (with Dragon Age being an old-school nostalgic nod to the ancient classics like KotOR which paved the way for ME)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom