Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Angthoron

Arcane
There's also the tax authorities that will be knocking on the door, no idea how ad revenue income will be handled over there.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
It can be hard to understand why someone would kill a product that's making a fortune. Anyone can say, "Oh, gee. He has money. Who cares?"

Well, I promise you, there are things that money can't buy. If you are going mad, you can't buy yourself sane. Some people can take this sort of attention. Not everyone. And some people can take it, but it makes them ... weird.

Google+ChromeScreenSnapz010.png

I've been the target of my fair share of hate. Real example: E-mails from angry schizophrenics. People who tell me they hope I go out of business and my kids never go to college. Pictures of me Photoshopped in various unflattering ways.

And, of course, the occasional truly unhinged message that I forward to my friends and ask, "Tell me honestly. Should I be worried about my safety here?"

I've been doing this for a long time, and I have a pretty thick skin. Even then, this stuff has an effect. You can't help it. It's part of being human. One angry message has more effect than ten friendly ones. It has a real psychic weight. And, once you know it's there, turning off your computer and avoiding Twitter doesn't remove it.
I don't understand how turning off your PC or internet doesn't help? Does the people threat him in his everyday life? Did they called him in his home to threaten him? They are really overreacting to a couple of comments on their mail box and youtube.
He's a named person, not some semi-anonymous dude on the internets, so there's always some probability of someone threatening him being serious.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Wonder if we'll get another entertaining video rant out of this.

Angthoron

Arcane
Well, as someone that has played the game extensively I can vouch that TB's copy clearly has altered materials that were very likely modded in by competition, presumably Telltale, whose sales of A Wolf Among Us suffered tremendously due to Guise of the Wolf. Proof in the spoiler.

:troll:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Humm, the plot thickens... so, the Syria rebels are responsible, or is it a preemptive move by Israel? Just who TB is working with?

WHO, GODDAMMIT?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
TBH, they're actually in Jordan, but I couldn't pass up the CF reference. :M (Arabs still gonna Arab, though)

7/10

Learned
Yeah, it won't be so fun when it turns out that FUN creators are a subsidiary of Al-Qaeda.

Angthoron

Arcane
What kind of a muslim makes games with wolves in it though? It's almost like making a game about dogs. And with protagonist being a werewolf, too. The game wasn't beta-tested because no-one wanted to live in sin, I bet.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Not only do they want him to remove the video, they want him to delete his channel entirely? Sadly, it seems the indie dev industry is soon going to be just as bad as, if not worse, than the AAA industry.

Delterius

Arcane
I wonder if they'll ever activate one of Pokémon's many many bugs.
Some guys want to buy a pokedoll so they can glitch past the ghost at Lavender Tower, skipping the teleporter nightmare that is Silph Co.

That's intentional and quite smart. But I do worry about those random 'press Start when a trainer is aggroed to open a portal to Mysingno's Domain'. We could be watching a rift in the making, one which brings us closer to the Elder Gods. One in particular which is strangely shaped like the Helix Fossil.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom