Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Luzur

Good Sir
Western civilization needs to thank God for the atomic weapons,because otherwise every enemy will wipe the floor with them now.Just pathetic.
Can you imagine war on the streets in Sweden,England or America. 95% of the population will probably die of panic attacks.
But they sure will defeat those pesky evil trolls on the interwebz ;)

we need a good old war again.

Tytus

Arcane
Western civilization needs to thank God for the atomic weapons,because otherwise every enemy will wipe the floor with them now.Just pathetic.
Can you imagine war on the streets in Sweden,England or America. 95% of the population will probably die of panic attacks.

I agree another war would be good for everybody. Just let me emigrate to Switzerland first.

Luzur

Good Sir

I agree another war would be good for everybody. Just let me emigrate to Switzerland first.

..Switzerland would be right in the middle of it.

Whiner

Augur
Steam tags allows us to finally be honest about games:

WpmwNQN.jpg

Ap6g8XM.png

Shame it won't last.
Yeah,Valve erased almost everything on Fez and Bioshock Infinite(only BAZINGA is still alive on B:I).Shame.
But I don't get how we still have this gem:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/252370/
7064476K.jpg

Repressed Homosexual
Oh no, Totalbiscuit cannot scream all day on Youtube to get money by playing videogames and get the ad money he is entitled to instead of a normal job! He cannot do his very, very important job of warning people not to pay a whole $10 for a game! What a catastrophy!

Lemming42

Arcane
Who in their right mind would waste time pirating nintendo stuff?

Past, like, the N64 era, I think the only Nintendo games I've ever bothered with have been Mario Sunshine (which was kinda shitty), SSBM and SSBB (which I had to pirate since I don't have a Wii).

Nintendo haven't been cool or relevant since 1999 or something. I can see why they're pissed about piracy, since I doubt a lot of people buy their games anyway when compared with other mainstream companies. Except Pokemon.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Nintendo fanboys like myself already have a 3DS and buy games for it. I'd wager everyone else probably doesn't care enough to pirate their games.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Past, like, the N64 era, I think the only Nintendo games I've ever bothered with have been Mario Sunshine (which was kinda shitty), SSBM and SSBB (which I had to pirate since I don't have a Wii).

Nintendo haven't been cool or relevant since 1999 or something. I can see why they're pissed about piracy, since I doubt a lot of people buy their games anyway when compared with other mainstream companies. Except Pokemon.
Metroid Prime was great.

Around 7 minutes in, some guy in the audience raises a "LIES, CHEATS & STEALS" sign. Very appropriate.

edit: And at 7:40, another one raises a "TELL THE TRUTH" sign. Looks like it wasn't a coincidence :lol:

Last edited:

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
It can be hard to understand why someone would kill a product that's making a fortune. Anyone can say, "Oh, gee. He has money. Who cares?"

Well, I promise you, there are things that money can't buy. If you are going mad, you can't buy yourself sane. Some people can take this sort of attention. Not everyone. And some people can take it, but it makes them ... weird.

Google+ChromeScreenSnapz010.png

I've been the target of my fair share of hate. Real example: E-mails from angry schizophrenics. People who tell me they hope I go out of business and my kids never go to college. Pictures of me Photoshopped in various unflattering ways.

And, of course, the occasional truly unhinged message that I forward to my friends and ask, "Tell me honestly. Should I be worried about my safety here?"

I've been doing this for a long time, and I have a pretty thick skin. Even then, this stuff has an effect. You can't help it. It's part of being human. One angry message has more effect than ten friendly ones. It has a real psychic weight. And, once you know it's there, turning off your computer and avoiding Twitter doesn't remove it.
I don't understand how turning off your PC or internet doesn't help? Does the people threat him in his everyday life? Did they called him in his home to threaten him? They are really overreacting to a couple of comments on their mail box and youtube.

Fucking Drama Queens...

7/10

Learned
TotalBiscuit went fat, bald and gray before 30, all because of nasty comments on the internets. Comments on the internets are serious business.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Horus it appears to me that everyone around him is a drama queen. He just didn't like the idea of being involved in causing shitty mobile game addiction. The only things I've seen about him aren't him crying out, but other people crying out regarding some innocuous tweets he made.

7/10

Learned
BTW, can someone briefly explain the whole Flappy Bird thing to me? Cuz it's so retarded I'm having trouble wrapping my head around it.

From what I've gathered so far: a guy made a shitty mobile game, shitty mobile game got popular, guy decided to pull it off for whatever reason and now people won't leave him alone. Liek WHAT THE FUCK?

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
He made it hoping it would just be something a few people would play on the toilet, but he underestimated the phone zombie population and found out a few months after release that it was one of the most played games. It's basically the helicopter game but you tap the screen to make it go up a set amount. He is appalled by the fact that people actually became addicted to it (which is pretty appalling imho), so he decided to cut off access to it. It has probably hundreds or thousands of clones now, and they're likely also free, but loonies got so mad that they sent him all sorts of vitriol and threats.

I think it's more that he's now very publicly a mega-rich person in a 3rd-world communist country. So yes, the chance of his life being in danger is very real. At the very least he's being hounded by scammers and pothandlers every hour. He's not some silicon valley guy living in a high-middle class area. People around him are looking to redistribute some wealth.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom