Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

DreadMessiah

Liturgist
I can understand if one is talking about nasty actions against oneself besides boohoo someone was mean. Why value that when tons of people are kissing your ass is beyond me. That thread has many comments especially near the top just brown nosing with some being reasonable and not mean comfort messages. If you have some few out of thousands being mean than boohoo I guess. Your a man baby unless some people are doing things past saying you suck, your work is shit, etc. Wanting everyone to like you is a waste of time. Simply cherish the few who do and forget about the rest.

Whiner

Savant
Total Biscuit thinks he has a deadly disease and hates his fans.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Cynicalbrit...t_of_tb_abandonning_his_own_subreddit/cfe3rgc

Holy shit, what a fucking meltdown.

Sorry if you expect a better person behind your daily videos. What you've got is a fucked up, sad, balding, overweight guy who is good at one thing and is lucky enough to do it for a living. I guess things were better when it was possible to maintain the illusion, but these days people demand unprecedented levels of access to the people they watch and this is what it gets them. Sorry you don't like what you see behind the curtain

:hero:

"Making fun of mentally challenged people 1 000 000 times for money " fat guy is speaking:

http://www.reddit.com/r/bestof/comm...biscuit_total_biscuit_of_youtube_fame/cfe8wyz

Is this a new trend in the "E-famous gaming community" ?
They also want piece of the "victim complex"cake.Sorry bud,not gonna happen.
If you can't stand the "fame",you can always just quit and become more productive member of society.You are not a slave.
But we can't have that of course.

Machocruz

Arcane
When it comes to internet chatter, I pretty much ignore people who don't prove some kind of scholarship on the medium being discussed, now. If I see someone post shit like "No, Skyrim is best RPG" with no support based on history or game design theory, I'll know I'm dealing with a child and disregard everything they have to say to me. Which with that particular example, means I disregard 90% of the internet video game population.

Dexter

Arcane

Whiner

Savant
Western civilization needs to thank God for the atomic weapons,because otherwise every enemy will wipe the floor with them now.Just pathetic.
Can you imagine war on the streets in Sweden,England or America. 95% of the population will probably die of panic attacks.
But they sure will defeat those pesky evil trolls on the interwebz ;)

Last edited:

Kitako

Arcane
What am I missing?
The new Steam "Tag" feature.
I already see how this will be a great idea.

U1JirVL.png

CWFyteJ.png

RcdLQ4m.png

Last edited:

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Total Biscuit thinks he has a deadly disease and hates his fans.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Cynicalbrit...t_of_tb_abandonning_his_own_subreddit/cfe3rgc

Holy shit, what a fucking meltdown.

Sorry if you expect a better person behind your daily videos. What you've got is a fucked up, sad, balding, overweight guy who is good at one thing and is lucky enough to do it for a living. I guess things were better when it was possible to maintain the illusion, but these days people demand unprecedented levels of access to the people they watch and this is what it gets them. Sorry you don't like what you see behind the curtain

:hero:

"Making fun of mentally challenged people 1 000 000 times for money " fat guy is speaking:

http://www.reddit.com/r/bestof/comm...biscuit_total_biscuit_of_youtube_fame/cfe8wyz

Is this a new trend in the "E-famous gaming community" ?
They also want piece of the "victim complex"cake.Sorry bud,not gonna happen.
If you can't stand the "fame",you can always just quit and become more productive member of society.You are not a slave.
But we can't have that of course.

"Now everytime I post a Hearthstone video I have get anxiety over the amount of horrible comments it will get. It keeps me awake at night. I barely play the game now because of it. I used to play it for hours a day, now I only play it for videos, maybe an hour or two a week at most."

HE CAN'T EVEN PLAY HEARTHSTONE FOR HOURS A DAY ANYMORE! YOU FUCKING ANIMALS! YOU ARE KILLING HIM!!!!

Not surprising at all, this is very much like that thing Jeff Vogel was talking about recently. About why the Flappy Bird guy had a breakdown.

Having a Let's Play channel must be like having a sign saying "Please shit on me, insult me and threaten me on a daily basis please." Many people can't take that, not 24/7. I'm sure I couldn't.
I think I could take it. Not because I have a high tolerance for abuse or above average thickness of skin or anything like that. Just because I realize that 95% of youtube commenters are dumb as bricks and I just wouldn't spend anytime or emotional energy on them.

He says on his rant that he knows the vast majority of comments are shit. But it looks like when there's millions and millions of comments being thrown at you at every instant, for every single thing you do, it starts to have an effect. Fame is a nasty thing.

I cant ead reddit its structure is confusing, and it reminds me a lot of comment sections everywhere. Why would one think these people there are more intelligent than say youtube commenters?
Reddit is a pretty terrible place, but yes I would say the general level of discourse is miles ahead of youtube. Like an average IQ of 85 instead of 60.
Maybe, but Youtube is just driveby stupidity while Reddit is concentrated.

Grim Monk

Arcane
Nintendo Wants to Block Pirate Websites and Punish Game Pirates

Nintendo has asked the U.S. Government to put pressure on foreign countries to do a better job at tackling online piracy. The game company says it's suffering "huge losses" and calls for blocking of file-sharing websites and criminal prosecution against those who pirate games or facilitate copyright infringement.

Every year copyright holders get the chance to hand over their list of anti-piracy recommendations for the U.S. Trade Representative’s Special 301 report.

The review is published annually and highlights countries that in the eyes of the U.S. are not doing enough to deter copyright infringement. Nintendo is one of the companies to submit recommendations on how other countries should tackle these issues.

The gaming company states that piracy is a chronic problem that results in “huge losses,” in part due to the inactivity of foreign countries who do very little to curb copyright infringement.

“In the past few years, the scope of online piracy for Nintendo has grown dramatically. Every month tens of thousands of illegal Nintendo game files are detected on the Internet. The legal environment to limit the flow of these files remains extremely challenging,” the company explains in its letter.

Like last year, Nintendo’s letter focuses on four countries – Brazil, China, Mexico and Spain – where these challenges remain unaddressed. For each of the countries the game company offers a set of recommendations on how the legal climate can be improved, hoping the United States Government will push for change.

According to statistics presented in the letter, no less than 16% of all online piracy of Nintendo products traces back to Spain. With 1.2 million downloads this is the second largest piracy market, just behind Italy with 1.4 million downloads

While the volume of piracy has deceased somewhat compared to previous years, Nintendo wants Spain to take drastic action. Specifically, it points out that the local Intellectual Property Committee (IPC) should block pirate sites wherever possible.

News Link:
https://torrentfreak.com/nintendo-wants-to-block-pirate-websites-and-punish-game-pirates-140213/

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Everytime I read that TB meltdown post I got this mental image in my head

TBwtf.jpg

Like last year, Nintendo’s letter focuses on four countries – Brazil, China, Mexico and Spain – where these challenges remain unaddressed. For each of the countries the game company offers a set of recommendations on how the legal climate can be improved, hoping the United States Government will push for change.

Try to pressure our most benevolent overlords into not expecting me to pay 2/3 the game's price in taxes instead.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Western civilization needs to thank God for the atomic weapons,because otherwise every enemy will wipe the floor with them now.Just pathetic.
Can you imagine war on the streets in Sweden,England or America. 95% of the population will probably die of panic attacks.
Shouldn't we thank Science for atomic weapons? Let's give credit where it's due.

Angthoron

Arcane
Shouldn't we thank Science for atomic weapons? Let's give credit where it's due.
Thanking a supposed super-benevolent omniscient being for tools of mass murder is more lulzy though.

Dexter

Arcane
I'm sure this is going to make Nintendo even more popular and do a number on their image. You'd think when they hit a hard time they would start to be more open with the community and stop cracking down to improve how people view them. Instead they first block YouTube videos of Nintendo games and apparently urge the US to "crack down on piracy" even more... clever

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Not to mention region lock. Nah, piracy is the real source of problem yada yada.

Also - it's fun to read TB problems. Acting like an asshole and crying like a little kid when they do the same to you. Such a delicious butthurt. You don't need to be heartless user when you know his past.
For me it's like another opera scene for hits and views.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Try to pressure our most benevolent overlords into not expecting me to pay 2/3 the game's price in taxes instead.
WiiU in the US: 300 dollars
WiiU in huehueland: 1.899,00 reais (790 dollars)

PIRACY IS KILLING GAMES!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom