Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Love the smell of rage in the evening.

Angthoron

Arcane
Looks like the Russkies have found a new path for innovation - a rock simulator. With multiplayer, intrigue and emotional engagement. Fuck your goats, Swedes, I'll preorder this instead.

Also, maybe it'll be integrated to work with Playstation Move for even more emotional engagement:

B002I0J51U.04.lg.jpg

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Total Biscuit thinks he has a deadly disease and hates his fans.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Cynicalbrit...t_of_tb_abandonning_his_own_subreddit/cfe3rgc

Holy shit, what a fucking meltdown.

Sorry if you expect a better person behind your daily videos. What you've got is a fucked up, sad, balding, overweight guy who is good at one thing and is lucky enough to do it for a living. I guess things were better when it was possible to maintain the illusion, but these days people demand unprecedented levels of access to the people they watch and this is what it gets them. Sorry you don't like what you see behind the curtain

:hero:

Sorry if you expect a better person behind your daily videos. What you've got is a fucked up, sad, balding, overweight guy who is good at one thing and is lucky enough to do it for a living. I guess things were better when it was possible to maintain the illusion, but these days people demand unprecedented levels of access to the people they watch and this is what it gets them. Sorry you don't like what you see behind the curtain

I sure hope he means making videos, because he's fucking terrible at playing games.

Linden

Arcane
TotalBiscuit stuff

Not surprising at all, this is very much like that thing Jeff Vogel was talking about recently. About why the Flappy Bird guy had a breakdown.

It can be hard to understand why someone would kill a product that's making a fortune. Anyone can say, "Oh, gee. He has money. Who cares?"

Well, I promise you, there are things that money can't buy. If you are going mad, you can't buy yourself sane. Some people can take this sort of attention. Not everyone. And some people can take it, but it makes them ... weird.

Google+ChromeScreenSnapz010.png

I've been the target of my fair share of hate. Real example: E-mails from angry schizophrenics. People who tell me they hope I go out of business and my kids never go to college. Pictures of me Photoshopped in various unflattering ways.

And, of course, the occasional truly unhinged message that I forward to my friends and ask, "Tell me honestly. Should I be worried about my safety here?"

I've been doing this for a long time, and I have a pretty thick skin. Even then, this stuff has an effect. You can't help it. It's part of being human. One angry message has more effect than ten friendly ones. It has a real psychic weight. And, once you know it's there, turning off your computer and avoiding Twitter doesn't remove it.

Having a Let's Play channel must be like having a sign saying "Please shit on me, insult me and threaten me on a daily basis please." Many people can't take that, not 24/7. I'm sure I couldn't.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Not surprising at all, this is very much like that thing Jeff Vogel was talking about recently. About why the Flappy Bird guy had a breakdown.

Having a Let's Play channel must be like having a sign saying "Please shit on me, insult me and threaten me on a daily basis please." Many people can't take that, not 24/7. I'm sure I couldn't.
I think I could take it. Not because I have a high tolerance for abuse or above average thickness of skin or anything like that. Just because I realize that 95% of youtube commenters are dumb as bricks and I just wouldn't spend anytime or emotional energy on them.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected

I think I could take it. Not because I have a high tolerance for abuse or above average thickness of skin or anything like that. Just because I realize that 95% of youtube commenters are dumb as bricks and I just wouldn't spend anytime or emotional energy on them.

Yeah, it's really weird to read comments from these fucking tards like "THIS GUY ON THE NET SAID HE WOULD KILL ME BOOHOO", and say it like he actually believes these threats. I bet half of these Youtube celebrities have some form of Autism. Even if Joe shithead on the internet was really coming to kill you, why not just buy a gun, and a guard dog, and bam, he's not going to kill you anymore.

Straight laced civilians just don't have what it takes to be a celebrity.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

To be fair, I think what triggered this particular meltdown is the comments from people on Reddit, who are probably a (somewhat) more intellectually respectable crowd.

Cromwell

Arcane
To be fair, I think what triggered this particular meltdown is the comments from people on Reddit, who are probably a (somewhat) more intellectually respectable crowd.

I cant ead reddit its structure is confusing, and it reminds me a lot of comment sections everywhere. Why would one think these people there are more intelligent than say youtube commenters?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I cant ead reddit its structure is confusing, and it reminds me a lot of comment sections everywhere. Why would one think these people there are more intelligent than say youtube commenters?
Reddit is a pretty terrible place, but yes I would say the general level of discourse is miles ahead of youtube. Like an average IQ of 85 instead of 60.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom