Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Oh god, the game's writer is chiming in to lament the lack of racial diversity in a game set in Fantasy Medieval Europe.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/257970/discussions/0/630802979019346131/

That's one company I won't be supporting.

I sure wish indie devs would stop enabling these wanna-be-offended, douchebags. The only indie dev i've seen in my life that had the balls to say, "FUCK YOU!" to the liberal lynch mob were the developers of the mod "No More Room in Hell".

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
http://imgur.com/xXfv2Ga

xXfv2Ga.jpg

My 6-year old daughter playing Skyrim, or as she calls it, "The Log Chopping Game"

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Unwanted

Sycophantic Noob

Andhaira
Andhaira
Oh god, the game's writer is chiming in to lament the lack of racial diversity in a game set in Fantasy Medieval Europe.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/257970/discussions/0/630802979019346131/
Not seeing the problem here. Reality wasn't as white as white fiction writers would have you believe.

But it was whiter than what the PC crowd wants to have in games.

There are quotas you moron, there needs to be at least one token black guy, one token asian guy, and a token chick. Throw in a couple of mulattos, blacks, or natives if the story takes place in USA. Don't you dare release the game if it doesn't have the above, or else.

LivingOne

Savant
Using Telltale's The Walking Dead to Teach High School Ethics
Zombies have crawled, lumbered, and shuffled their way into every facet of pop culture... and now they've made their way into high school.

by Stephanie Tang 1 day ago
(Please note that the video posted above is Norwegian but you can turn on Closed Captions and select your preferred language.)

Once upon a time, gaming on the school computers meant the secret Doom install that the teachers kinda-but-not-really knew about. Later it was Mavis Beacon, various Tycoon games, and other miscellaneous software that taught you how to count but that you never really found fun. (Just the latter, the Tycoon games were the bomb.)

Fast forward more than ten years and video games have gained an even bigger foothold in the education system. Elementary schoolchildren use Minecraft to learn about the building blocks of their own creativity, andnow Telltale Games's rockstar video game release of The Walking Dead has invaded the classroom of Nordahl Grieg High School in Norway to teach ethics to high schoolers.

53c7b5769e3bafd65db0dc1ce89e2b3c.png

The implementation makes sense. Telltale's The Walking Dead series has been praised time and again for its ability to place characters in difficult situations where tough ethical decisions have to be made - and made fast. This visceral, time-constrained gameplay with real emotional impact might be the key to delivering to jaded high school kids what round-robin discussions and textbook scenarios on paper could not.

After all, while the slow, lumbering invasion of zombie culture has long since begun to wear on popular culture, anything that doesn't smack of Shakespeare, standard classical Americana literature, and Bill Nye rarely manage to breach the classroom. To see The Walking Dead make it so far (and so soon after release!), is an impressive feat indeed.

Plus, as the folks over at The Walking Dead say, what’s a better way to make learning fun than using video games and zombies!?

There is no hint yet of any similar program making its way back to North American school systems, but we can only hope that with some success, the migration might still happen someday.
http://www.gameskinny.com/zdpr5/using-telltales-the-walking-dead-to-teach-high-school-ethics

Luzur

Good Sir

Lemming42

Arcane
I know most of you guys love Fallout 3, and specially the hacking minigame, so here's a link to the minigame that can be played online whenever you want: http://mitchellthompson.net/demos/terminal/

Seriously, just found this. If any of you guys actually enjoyed that minigame, well here it is.

It actually took me until about halfway through New Vegas to figure out what you were meant to do on that minigame. For the entire of Fallout 3 and the first half of New Vegas i'd just click options at random and then inevitably fail and unlock shit using console commands.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
That was neat. Spent a minute seeing what my options were, clicked a word and found out that it's a Mastermind mini-game. My second guess was the correct password.

Alec meer's avatar, what is that from? i got a strong pang of recognition when i saw it, some 80's comic?

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Scrounge_(G1)

It actually took me until about halfway through New Vegas to figure out what you were meant to do on that minigame. For the entire of Fallout 3 and the first half of New Vegas i'd just click options at random and then inevitably fail and unlock shit using console commands.

iirc you get a prompt with instructions when you attempt it for the first time. It's also in the manual, but I guess you must have...misplaced it. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom