Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So that's sarcasm, and his only plan is to just soldier on until he runs out of money?

He sounded smarter before.
For a guy in marketing you have surprisingly many scruples. It's a potential client, mate.

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/yes-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-did-make-me-feel-uncomfortable-

I'm sitting in a roundtable interview with a handful of journalists after having just spent more than an hour playing Lords of Shadow 2, the scene in question being one in which a withered Dracula stumbled toward a family with his arms outstretched, the camera abruptly switching to a first-person perspective. He kills the father outright, then grabs the mother and sinks his fangs into her neck, draining her life energy to restore his.

Sexualized imagery is nothing new in vampire fiction, but this scene is kind of stunning for how blatant it is with its allusions to rape. It's a scene that forcibly reminds me of the boxart from RapeLay, down to the woman protecting her child and the disembodied arms (your arms) reaching out from the camera. Regardless of the intentions in constructing the scene, the imagery is ghastly.

Yes, I told Cox. That scene did in fact make me uncomfortable. His reply is so swift that I can barely even get the word "yes" out of my mouth: "That's what we wanted. That's exactly what we wanted."

So while I applaud Cox and his team for their desire to take on challenging material, I really hope they cut the Family Scene before Lords of Shadow 2 launches next month.

I think it is all reprehensible to begin with, but it's funny that an innocuous allusion in a video game is again met with such outcry by the SJW scene because it happens to be in a videogame made by men, so much that the SJW weirdo want it censured, but obsenities like Fifty Shade of Gray are mainstream and totally cool.
Hah, Game journalists.These are the people that want games to be called as an respectable "art form" most, while actively doing their best to censor everything in it.

We really need a grand purge to clean this filth from the industry before we reach the true incline.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Why doesn't Dracula suck the guy off? Too gay? :hmmm:
He does. USgamer lied.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-08-the-god-of-war-comparisons-really-pissed-us-off

The game begins proper when, hundreds of years later, Dracula awakes from this slumber, dazed, confused, weak and hungry for blood. It's at this point that MercurySteam has its Call of Duty moment: Dracula is locked in a room with a terrified mother, father and young daughter. The camera shifts to first-person, and you kill them, one by one, sucking the blood out of their necks. You see it all, up close and personal, except for the death of the daughter. Here, the camera pulls away, but you hear the bite, the suck, and the screams.

Also:
cox.png

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Elysium subtle? HAHAHAHA! The only way Elysium could be less subtle was if the words "Rich people are greedy and bad, mkay?" scrolled across the screen for the entire film.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Elysium subtle? HAHAHAHA! The only way Elysium could be less subtle was if the words "Rich people are greedy and bad, mkay?" scrolled across the screen for the entire film.
I think it's sarcasm. Not sure tbh.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Hmm, I hadn't considered that. In retrospect it's probably more likely that it's sarcasm, but Poe's Law and all that. A while back a guy tried to convince me that it was actually the best movie of 2013 and those who hated it just didn't understand the message it was trying to bring across. He definitely wasn't being sarcastic.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Hmm, I hadn't considered that. In retrospect it's probably more likely that it's sarcasm, but Poe's Law and all that. A while back a guy tried to convince me that it was actually the best movie of 2013 and those who hated it just didn't understand the message it was trying to bring across. He definitely wasn't being sarcastic.

:hmmm:

Angthoron

Arcane
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/yes-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-did-make-me-feel-uncomfortable-

I'm sitting in a roundtable interview with a handful of journalists after having just spent more than an hour playing Lords of Shadow 2, the scene in question being one in which a withered Dracula stumbled toward a family with his arms outstretched, the camera abruptly switching to a first-person perspective. He kills the father outright, then grabs the mother and sinks his fangs into her neck, draining her life energy to restore his.

Sexualized imagery is nothing new in vampire fiction, but this scene is kind of stunning for how blatant it is with its allusions to rape. It's a scene that forcibly reminds me of the boxart from RapeLay, down to the woman protecting her child and the disembodied arms (your arms) reaching out from the camera. Regardless of the intentions in constructing the scene, the imagery is ghastly.

Yes, I told Cox. That scene did in fact make me uncomfortable. His reply is so swift that I can barely even get the word "yes" out of my mouth: "That's what we wanted. That's exactly what we wanted."

So while I applaud Cox and his team for their desire to take on challenging material, I really hope they cut the Family Scene before Lords of Shadow 2 launches next month.

I think it is all reprehensible to begin with, but it's funny that an innocuous allusion in a video game is again met with such outcry by the SJW scene because it happens to be in a videogame made by men, so much that the SJW weirdo want it censured, but obsenities like Fifty Shade of Gray are mainstream and totally cool.

Oh hey, this is the first time vampires are represented as a sexual threat, what a turn-around moment for this legendary ladykilling predator.

...Oh. Wait.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
All the other "journalists" lie, only the brave USgamer tells the hard truth like the scions of Bernstein and Woodward they are.

It's all a publicity stunt set up by the devs and USGamer is in on it
Someone here is misinterpreting. I don't know if Bailey was blinded or the men collectively didn't notice, but I can trust my own eyes.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
All the other "journalists" lie, only the brave USgamer tells the hard truth like the scions of Bernstein and Woodward they are.

It's all a publicity stunt set up by the devs and USGamer is in on it
Someone here is misinterpreting. I don't know if Bailey was blinded or the men collectively didn't notice, but I can trust my own eyes.
Why would they? The best that they can hope for is "well, he did drain the guy too, but it still is problematic. When you can't win, why bother playing?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom