Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
My shitty satellite connection has 15GB data cap per month, BUT they instituted "free" time between 12am-5am where you can download whatever you want without contributing to your monthly limit. This allowed me to download a few hundred GB of games this month after my HD died. Witcher 2 only took 2 hours to dl and it is larger than my monthly cap...

Satellite service actually gets congested though. My last satellite provider increased latency in order to handle more clients during peak time (shit would cut out when crowded).

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
Down here in Brazil, there is no such thing as a download cap. Must be scary to be downloading stuff and keeping an eye on your limit. How do you even keep track of that stuff, they offer a software that counts for you?

Yeah, I once used a service that had a download cap, and in a particularly torrent-happy month I received a letter saying I went past the cap and offering a plan with a higher limit (I could also buy extra GBs if I wanted my download speed to be more than 5kbps for the rest of the month).

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
You really need the Team America soundbyte "Surprise, cockfags!" whenever you do something as unexpected and utterly awesome like making your tank jump high up in the sky and shoot down a jet fighter that was chasing an ally jet.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
lol bandwith limits, most of the ISPs in Germany don't have that shit anymore. I had a connection with bandwith limit back in 2003, upgraded to a connection without limits back in '05 or '06 when I started using emule and torrents. And it only cost around 20 euros a month.

Cromwell

Arcane
lol bandwith limits, most of the ISPs in Germany don't have that shit anymore. I had a connection with bandwith limit back in 2003, upgraded to a connection without limits back in '05 or '06 when I started using emule and torrents. And it only cost around 20 euros a month.

and the telekom wants it back. Also if you live in some cities some parts of them dont even have internet via cable, I had to get a fucking lte connection with a 10gb bandwith limit. And it didnt even work correctly. Had to move again in the same fucking city after going there. fucking east germany.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
South Africa is slowly phasing out bandwidth caps, but they're still way too restrictive with their fair usage policies. Apparently you can buy unlimited internet, as long as you don't use 'too much' internet. Depending on where you get your internet, it can run from around R1000 to R2000 (roughly $100 - $200) for a 10mb uncapped account (10mb being the fastest ADSL speed available to us) plus line rental and then you'll still have to contend with high contention ratios, daytime shaping, 'soft' caps and throttling. And then don't you fucking dare even think of using 100gb a month, because fuck you and your speeds will be throttled to kingdom come for the rest of the month.

Fuck Africa.

Even thirlworldia like Potatoland doesn't have bandwidth caps anymore, on regular ADSL that is, I'm still waiting for providers to drop them on LTE. Makes no sense to get it as it is if you'll run out of monthly allowance in an hour or so.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
That was on the old board software, which apparently would grab the entire thread from the database every time someone viewed it. Or something. Anyway long story short, phpbb2 sucked and XenForo sucks less.

Besides, the PoE thread is well over 1000 pages at this point. If anything would be locked for being too long, it would be that thread.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Everytime I see PoE I read it as Path of Exile and wonder what the hell people are talking about. Then I realize it's project eternity. Why can't people continue to abbreviate it PE?

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Everytime I see PoE I read it as Path of Exile and wonder what the hell people are talking about. Then I realize it's project eternity. Why can't people continue to abbreviate it PE?
Because the official name is Pillars of Eternity, I guess. Yeah, it's a mess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom