Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best RPG since Earthbound just released!

mfkndggrfll

Learned
Shitposter Bethestard
Well gimme a retadred rating and call me mfkndggrfll, if this isnt the best RPG released since Earthbound!

Actually its a week old but nobody else on the Codex has mentioned the release of Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass! As a pure coincidence I have started my EB playthrough some time ago and am still in it, and I have stumbled upon this hidden gem. Its got an underwhelming amount of visibility for the quality it offers, only 22 steam reviews in a week.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/706560 https://rpgmaker.net/g/jimmy/

If this shit isnt pure incline then I dont know what is.

The humor is weaker than EB of course but still solid overall.

The art style is decent enough.

The RPG mechanics and QoL have been improved, you still end up mashing A to win fights, but harder battles require more thought than EB.

Soundtrack is extremely good even though pretty limited. You get tracks based on game progress/area rather than enemy type.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
Dude why do you keep making threads, no one likes you and no one thinks you're funny.

Talk about lonely and desperate.

mfkndggrfll

Learned
Shitposter Bethestard
Dude why do you keep making threads, no one likes you and no one thinks you're funny.

The fuck you mean no one likes me? Look how many ratings I got in a few month vs how many you got in 10 years, you're the loser here.

This post is actually half serious, that game is the closest thing there is to Earthbound aside from Mother 3 and Pokemon. It is a true spiritual successor, Im playing it right now and having a blast. Indie GOTY 2018 for me.

Squid

Arbiter
Look how many ratings I got in a few month vs how many you got in 10 years, you're the loser here.
80 retarded and 3 Stop posting! ratings in nearly 10 years with 508 posts
vs.
2,027 retarded and 275 stop posting ratings in nearly 6 months with 344 posts.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted

The fuck you mean no one likes me? Look how many ratings I got in a few month vs how many you got in 10 years, you're the loser here.

This post is actually half serious, that game is the closest thing there is to Earthbound aside from Mother 3 and Pokemon. It is a true spiritual successor, Im playing it right now and having a blast. Indie GOTY 2018 for me.

You really need to sort your life out, I'm not even joking or trying to be malicious to you but you're by far the highest effort troll I've ever seen. It's literally just pathetic, I can only imagine how sad your life is to where you need to make stupid threads so people can argue with you online.

Jinn

Arcane
This looks like a great mother-like. I would have purchased it and been playing it by now if it wasn't for the deluge of great game releases that have been coming for weeks on end. He picked an unfortunate time to release it. I will get around to it one day though.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

mfkndggrfll

Learned
Shitposter Bethestard
So what exactly are the criterias to call it a JRPG? The characters art style isnt even anime-like, its regular pixel graphics.

duanth123

Arcane
The game is actually not bad, despite the anti-publicity from mfkndggrfll by having authored this thread.

Has a nice soundtrack, the battle system plays like LISA (turn based, with an array of stats, status conditions, and job classes), maybe even more involved in boss fights, and the story is pretty interesting oftentimes pretty disturbing (key word: "skin thieves"), thus far, though the eventual twist seems obvious.

Oh and no SJW shit, not even Undertale levels.

I would recommend double speed on cheat engine though. Way too slow.

Definitely a cut above the normal RPGMaker trash.

And mfkndggrfll, change the fucking title of the thread to at least advertise the name of the game.

Last edited:

Max Stats

Liturgist
So what exactly are the criterias to call it a JRPG? The characters art style isnt even anime-like, its regular pixel graphics.

All graphics are pixels, save for ancient vector graphics, which require special screens to properly display (though regular pixel displays can simulate them fairly easily)...

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Whos the idiot that moved this to JRPG? This is Japanese-style but not Japanese made

It's a fucking jRPG don't be an actual retard.

How is it a JRPG if it doesnt exist in japanese language?
e9d.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom