Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best Morrowind Mods: 2012 Edition?

Stabwound

Arcane
It's time for my yearly Morrowind and mods installation, which inevitably means spending days setting up mods, playing the game for 10 minutes and quitting forever.

I've noticed there are been a bunch of new/updated mods since most of the previous Morrowind mod posts here, so it seemed better and easier to just create a new thread.

I'm mostly looking for graphics upgrades, good content expansion stuff, a better levelling mod and maybe expanded equipment lists, etc.

I'm sure there must be some closest Morrowind fanatics that could give me some quick tips. Thanks in advance. :brofist:

Tigranes

Arcane
I second this. Is there any significant content expansion, or any of those 'big mods' that ever got finished? I always love the idea of Morrowind, but in practice I'm spending half the time killing cliff racers, robbing merchants and grinding Dwemer ruins.

Listening to the OST now, one of the only game soundtracks I really love. I can picture the world, usually raining, from the music.

mai listo

_001_ Morrowind.esm
_002_ Tribunal.esm
_003_ Bloodmoon.esm
_004_ Texture Fix 2.0.esm
_005_ Morrowind Patch 1.6.5 Beta (BTB Edit).esm
_006_ Morrowind Advanced.esm
_007_ GDR_MasterFile.esm
_008_ Texture Fix - Bloodmoon 1.1.esm
_009_ TR_Data.esm
_010_ TR_Mainland.esm
_011_ Texture Fix -TR -2.0.esm
_012_ Rise of House Telvanni.esm
_013_ WeatheredSigns.esp
_014_ Qwert's House of 6 Pains.esp
_015_ Qwert's Dwemer Graveyard.esp
_016_ Daggerfall Collection Ver 1.1 (BTB Edit).esp
_017_ bm_dwemer_additions_16.esp
_018_ Aard_Vetooch_20.esp
_019_ pcc_dungeon_island_19.esp
_020_ Syc_HerbalismforPurists (Pearl Bug Edit).esp
_021_ Syc_HerbalismforPurists_BM.esp
_022_ Syc_HerbalismforPurists_TB.esp
_023_ A_flock_of_seagulls.esp
_024_ Siege at Firemoth.esp
_025_ Building Up Uvirith's Grave 1.1.esp
_026_ DB_Attack_Mod.esp
_027_ pcc_thoogera_30.esp
_028_ DN-GDRv1 (BTB Edit).esp
_029_ The Neverhalls.esp
_030_ EcoAdjCrime (Tresspass Edit).esp
_031_ EcoAdjMerchantSkills (Disposition Edit).esp
_032_ Quieter_UI_Sounds.esp
_033_ BTB - Character.esp
_034_ BTB - Spells.esp
_035_ BTB - Alchemy.esp
_036_ BTB - Equipment.esp
_037_ BTB - Settings.esp
_038_ sm_ForgottenHalls.esp
_039_ Talrivian's State-Based HP Mod v.2.2.esp
_040_ Quick Char (Timescale Edit).esp
_041_ Vality's Ascadian Isles Addon (Texture Fix Edit).esp
_042_ Vality's Bitter Coast Addon (Texture Fix Edit).esp
_043_ Lights_300_V4 - Clean.esp
_044_ Area Effect Projectiles.esp
_045_ Service Requirements (BTB Edit).esp
_046_ MW_Adv_Required (BTB Edit).esp

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Galsiah's Character Development is a good levelling mod and removes grinding for that maximum endurance bonus. HotFusion's Economy Adjuster is also a must if you want a more balanced economy. You might want to leave out the Miscellaneous stuff from that mod, though. No idea about quest and graphics mods as I haven't tried any of the former and find the latter completely unnecessary.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
For graphics, Overhaul version 3.0 was released last month http://www.ornitocopter.net/ Simple installation, plus you can customize it to keep it (or not) lore friendly.
Seconding this and I hope they finally get around creating the Game Enhancements compilation they've been talking about for a while and which is supposed to go hand in hand with Morrowind Overhaul.

Stabwound

Arcane
I don't know. I put it in the CRPG section and someone moved it. Morrowind being a console popamole game: that's a good laugh. It may have been released on the XBox, but it's hardly a console popamole game at all.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
The only mod you need is Muffinwind Enhanced by ME

What about placement of artifacts and high end items? Is this changed too? One of the reasons I don't want to play Morrowind is because there's no longer the thrill of discovery.

I remember shitting bricks from excitement, when I stumbled upon an underwater cave with epic platemail hidden in it while fishing for pearls off the coast of Ebonheart.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Just saw Lazy Reviewer's LP video on Overhaul 3.0 and it indeed looks goddamn amazing. I love how faces still keep their original Morrowindiness instead of beings some animu crapola.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I don't know. I put it in the CRPG section and someone moved it. Morrowind being a console popamole game: that's a good laugh. It may have been released on the XBox, but it's hardly a console popamole game at all.

By the logic, there are quite a few threads that should be moved from this section to the other. If anything it shows how arbitrary it is.

Regvard

Arcane
Just saw Lazy Reviewer's LP video on Overhaul 3.0 and it indeed looks goddamn amazing. I love how faces still keep their original Morrowindiness instead of beings some animu crapola.

He has played it "a hundred times" yet he still thinks that the mage outside Seyda Neen dropped from a tree.

Mod looks great though.

oscar

Arcane
Anything that adds a major amount of content (lots of new lore-friendly quests, interesting things to do, challenging enemies etc) rather than polishing the graphics further?

Phineas

Educated
Overhaul 3.0, Gladiator (for those who want to see what Arena was supposed to be with Morrowind's technology), Morrowind Comes Alive (adds 1000 NPCs with random heads, hair, and equipment that appear at — and disappear from — locations at random times to emulate the coming and going of travelers), Assassins Armoury, Sound Enhancement, Marksman (adds three new playable classes, new NPCs, a new shop in Hlaalu canton Canalworks, improved bow and arrow sound effects, new music tracks, traps, and in increase in projectile speed), & GIANTS Ultimate (adds 200 creatures & blood (not to say that Morrowind didn't have any blood) and gore); just to name a couple.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
But it also came out for Xbox! Or should we also move the Dragon Age: Origins threads? We must have order in the Codex, it is important!

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
"For all those modern RPGs that have been designed for consoles as their target audience. Includes console only titles and games that had a multi-platform release on launch day."

Dragon Age fits, Morrowind doesn't.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I propose a more nuanced definition based on intentionality. Witcher 2 was PC-exclusive for a year, but it was obviously intended for consoles. In contrast, Morrowind's XBox port seems like it was an afterthought.

The criteria is clearly broken then.

I think you're confused. He said that Dragon Age is popamole, while Morrowind isn't.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom