Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best moments in AoD (spoilers)

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Is there a difference in how npcs treat you in general when your character is a womyn?

I think that some persuasion checks in the outpost are easier to women.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
This is not a "moment," but I had basically avoided reading anything about the game until writing what I had to write about it, and now reading all these threads, it's like the original Wasteland paragraph book where there are these entirely different stories waiting to be found, only there they were fake, and here they're real. . . .

Shadenuat

Arcane
The only purpose of the helm I found is
to use it in dialogue when you sit on a golden throne chair under Meru's castle at the "world tear", and there Balzaar speaks to you with unique long dialogue, I believe different one than even if you have high INT/CON

Cadmus

Arcane
This is not a "moment," but I had basically avoided reading anything about the game until writing what I had to write about it, and now reading all these threads, it's like the original Wasteland paragraph book where there are these entirely different stories waiting to be found, only there they were fake, and here they're real. . . .
It's a hell of a thing, killing a man actually getting to play a game like this where everything we talk about here comes true.

alkeides 2.0

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The helm you got does nothing, has no value and stats so for me its fake aka worthless peace of junk... same shit as magic ring of general Glabro you can get in Teron.... but that one you could sell for some shekels.
That is a silly reason to call it fake. You can use itnin Ganezzar as Shadenaut said.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
The helm you got does nothing, has no value and stats so for me its fake aka worthless peace of junk... same shit as magic ring of general Glabro you can get in Teron.... but that one you could sell for some shekels.

I don't like the item either, but it can be used to protect you in Meru's secret chamber and is necessary to unlock the "Magus" achivement.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Fucking Paulus putting Meru back into his place, throwing him away like a stray cat :lol:
"So we're Knight Templars now and shit? Cool. Oh and by the way all that templegod stuff, I blew it up."
"YOU DID WAT"
:lol:

Add to this 2 more:

Playing necromancer on raiders in Darius Tomb

And making rebel ordu leader go against his khan, then specifically asking him to send ordu objecting to his rule as cheap meat for you to fight so (quote) "I could play a hero" - and getting Imperial Guard reputation for that fake staged fight against weakened ordu

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Raising alchemy from 1 to 10: 150 skill points

Purchasing alchemical ingredients: 938 gold imperials

Watching Agathoth back away from your barrage of liquid fire vials until he cowers in the corner like a little girl while his hit points relentlessly fall to zero: Priceless

Tigranes

Arcane
After about 6 playthroughs I still haven't got to Darius' Tomb. I also forget how.

Nael

Arcane
Save scummed to kill the muggers at the beginning of Maadoran on my first playthrough as a merc.

Retooled my build and started over. Killed them in the first try on my next playthrough.

fyeah.jpg

Lexxx20

Learned

Nah, it's not fake. Actually it is a

communication device Balzaard used to speak to his puppets on our plane. Darius was the last one but he ended up mad and worthless for his master.

So, nobody really know its real purpose until it's revealed to you.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Having my revenge on that pretentious thug Glabrius and leading House Aurelian infiltration on Ganazzar for the glory of Serenas's rising sun banner, honoring my word with my thief mentor Levir and his deals with Maadoran's nobility.

7hsUU6U.jpg

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
to use it in dialogue when you sit on a golden throne chair under Meru's castle at the "world tear", and there Balzaar speaks to you with unique long dialogue, I believe different one than even if you have high INT/CON

The main thing is that he teaches how to make the ritual at Al-Akia, bypassing the lore requirement.

Old One

Arcane
I think feeding the Arch entity is my favorite part. The reaction you get from big, tough, desert raider Esbenus when you bully him into continuing the process is great, as is the reaction from the Oracle as you conclusively demonstrate to him that the object of his worship is some sort of horrifying demon instead of a benevolent great spirit.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Damn, the Ascension ending kicks ass, got to say the picture, the music and the text really does it for me. So thats my best moment.

axedice

Cipher
Convincing Belgutai to attack his Khan, watching him slaughter Thorgul like a helpless sheep, then killing his bondsman side by side was truly epic.
What truly got me though, was then telling Belgutai to send Thorgul's man to die at the pass, turning yourself into a war hero

:hero:

Not throwing his sword to Belgutai, then watching him die with frustration in his eyes and cementing Thorgul's rule was also golden
:incline:

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is it much/any different from the conversation you get if you have [Mind Shield]?

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
I've just finish the Tower of Zamedi exploration: talked with you know who then fuck him.And it was really delicious to learn about House Crassus and the Magi.I've not yet walk in Ganezzar, but it greatly help to understand the personnality of Meru and the apocalyptic state of the world.So well written, what a divine slap in my face. Perhaps one of the most helpuf dialogue concerning the lore and the background of the fallen empire

ColCol

Arcane
Killing Esbenus at the arch after he survived the attack at the bandit camp.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom