Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best looking Codex approved RPG on max settings

Captain Shrek

NWN2MOTB002.jpg

NWN2MOTB005.jpg

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Speaking of ToEE, I've yet to play it but picked up a copy on GoG for $3 a while ago -- should I play it with the content mods installed or just do a vanilla play through the first time?

Saxon1974

Prophet
Not to start a flame war here, but I never really liked the Witcher, felt like an action adventure game.

Also, not a big fan of Torment, I just dont care for the settings...just a personal opinion.

Captain Shrek

Saxon1974 said:
Not to start a flame war here, but I never really liked the Witcher, felt like an action adventure game.

Also, not a big fan of Torment, I just dont care for the settings...just a personal opinion.

Witcher: Nobody really cares unless they improve that shit of a combat.

PS:T: SETTING:?? What setting?

Arem

Scholar
Saxon1974 said:
Ok Codex Bros,

What would you say is the best looking Codex approved RPG graphics wise with maxed out settings?

You see I just got a nice new gaming machine and I wanna get a nice taste of graphics whoredom.

Does Risen look good on max settings? I played Divinity 2 on max settings and the graphics are pretty good not great.
:incline:

Saxon1974

Prophet
MetalCraze said:
The Planescape setting? The setting that is all but generic fantasy you see in every damn fantasy game?

Yea I know everyone here loves it, but I just dont like it that much. I prefer the more generic high fantasy settings...I know I suck :decline:

I do like Steampunk like Arcanum and Post Nuclear fallout settings but the planescape one just never interested me.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Saxon1974 said:
MetalCraze said:
The Planescape setting? The setting that is all but generic fantasy you see in every damn fantasy game?

Yea I know everyone here loves it, but I just dont like it that much. I prefer the more generic high fantasy settings...I know I suck :decline:

Suck on a dog's dick and die, you worthless, lobotomized abortion.

No really, people who lap up the watery shit that is generic fantasy is why we can't have nice things. Choke on Bioware and die, you lowest common denominator.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Lesifoere said:
Saxon1974 said:
MetalCraze said:

No really, people who lap up the watery shit that is generic fantasy is why we can't have nice things. Choke on Bioware and die, you lowest common denominator.

I wish I wasn't gay Lesifoere, because I would ask you to marry me right now.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Jaesun said:
Lesifoere said:
Saxon1974 said:
MetalCraze said:

Aww. We can still be platonic partners.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Lesifoere said:
Jaesun said:
Lesifoere said:
Saxon1974 said:
MetalCraze said:

Aww. We can still be platonic partners.

:love:

My cock is late this evening. It has never been late before. My honor demands recompense

Anyway, one LOTR was enough, and the riff-off material is worthless in comparison. LOTR is all right but not some demigod of fantasy and if you can't keep the candle even that high... just don't do fantasy, ok?

Saxon1974

Prophet
Lesifoere said:
Saxon1974 said:
MetalCraze said:

Yes its definitely my fault, just ask my wife :smug:

catfood

AGAIN
Metro said:
Speaking of ToEE, I've yet to play it but picked up a copy on GoG for $3 a while ago -- should I play it with the content mods installed or just do a vanilla play through the first time?

Considering the fact that even patched up TOEE is still one of the buggiest games out there, then yes, you should try vanilla if you're in a masochist mood.

If you value your sanity use the CO8 patch.

circ

Arcane
Captain Shrek said:
Without a doubt NWN2 series.

It has very high potential if used well as demonstrated clearly by MOTB.

I would gladly play another expansion if written well.

I would blindly buy an NWN2 game where the spell are toned down, immunities removed and broken mechanics corrected. Only that it won't be a Forgotten realm game/ DnD ruleset per se.

I adore the spell casting system, the UI, the isometric camera etc.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. NWN 2. GOOD LOOKING? ON MAX SETTINGS? ON ANY SETTING? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Bloodlines looks good.

Sometimes.

On certain angles.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
...i think i like the part when Bloodlines mods broke my game, rendering my apartment elevator inoperable. It refused to go down. I thought it broke down as scripted and forced myself to crawl on vent and take fire escape stairs down.

Until I realized the mods broke it.

zool

Arcane
SCO said:
Bloodlines looks good.

Sometimes.

On certain angles.
Actually, on my most recent playthrough, I surprised myself thinking: "Wow, it looks much better than I remembered". Of course, the mostly great art design helps a lot.

One thing with Bloodlines: If you decide to install Quest Mod, be sure to add "-dxlevel 90" at the end of the command line in the shortcut if you get the weird eye problem where it looks like something from the cover of this TOOL album.

287kjgx.jpg

I'm not sure why this works, but it does. Maybe something to do with DX10 vs. DX9?

If that fails, try "-dxlevel 80" or "-dxlevel 70". I don't recommend those though, since they mess with shaders and makes peoples mouths glow pink.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
there are no codex approved rpgs ffs you moran

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom