Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best for developers!!!

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Good afternoon or good evening. I very love to play and writing video the game passing and reviews. Your game "Dungeon Rats" liked me very much and I would like to record a Let's play video (Video review) together with my let's players friends. Can you send some Steam keys, 3 or more, for me and my friends? And we will do a wonderful review of your game. And thank you for the work you have put into the game.

This one's my favourite. I like how they seem oblivious to the possibility of you reading it during the morning. I like how they claim Dungeon Rats has developed some sort of attraction for them. I like how I cannot decipher the second sentence. Apparently they love to write video the game passing?
Judging by how he builds sentences I'm almost sure he is from some Slavik country.

Suddenly I found here a sad thing together with good laugh - some of them can be really a poor naive guys who hope for something.

Thane Solus

Arcane
How do steam keys even work for devs? Can you just generate infinite numbers of them and do whatever you want or do you need to go through some valve circles?

You request a number of keys, choose a group(press, bundle, etc) and wait for valve to approve. So its a bit moderated.

Most of the scammers want keys to sell them on third party sites, others just want to get free games.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Please share with me, and if possible with my two friends the keys to the game or gifts. Please, please, please, please, please, please, please

8-somi_1796.gif
at least he's being ultra honest

baturinsky

Arcane
Ah, free keys. That reminds me one interview with two guys that made a space MMO with tens (or even hundreds) thousands of sold copies. Somewhere in the middle of the interview it turned out that those were all free keys that was taken in mass by resellers that only wanted them for Steam cards, and actual number of players was something like a dozen at a time.

ComradeReptiloid

Literate
Why this peoples are so dumb? There a lot of torrents already exist day before, or at release day of any game. Dungeon Rats was not exclusion. BTW, they upload updates too. So no point for broken niggers to beg devs for free games. Go and steal, like you usually do!

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why this peoples are so dumb? There a lot of torrents already exist day before, or at release day of any game. Dungeon Rats was not exclusion. BTW, they upload updates too. So no point for broken niggers to beg devs for free games. Go and steal, like you usually do!
some people still want their "moral code" stroked without spending a dime

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Doubt it. If they're asking for more than one key, it's almost a sure thing that the key would end up on G2A or something similar.
The ones asking for single keys are probably kids too young to know what torrents are or how to use them. Or perhaps just scammers trying to fool you into thinking they're sweet innocent poor kids.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
The ones asking for single keys are probably kids too young to know what torrents are or how to use them.
I find it hard to believe. Not knowing how to use IRC for downloading I could understand but torrents?

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Or maybe they really have a gaming channel and just want to help promote the game, who knows? I'm guessing VD also skipped on dating several hot singles in his area. Sad! :lol:

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Depends on what age bracket we're talking about.
Hi,

I'm a big fan of computer games. Sorry for bad english. I have heard that developers sometimes fissile their games, so I wrote to you. I really liked your game The Age of Decadence , and I wanted to play it, but I don't have money. Please share with me, and if possible with my two friends the keys to the game or gifts. Please, please, please, please, please, please, please
We will post the review in Steam for you game

Sorry if prevented.
Yours faithfully,
Assuming this is not a scam (which I think it probably is), I could imagine it being written and google-translated by some 10 year olds from somewhere in Europe, who sat around and played AoD together at one computer.

But maybe you're right. Hard to have a frame of reference when I'm mostly thinking about my own experience as a kid with this sort of thing and not accounting for the fact that I didn't know about torrents because BitTorrent wasn't invented yet. :P

Hi,

I'm a big fan of computer games. Sorry for bad english. I have heard that developers sometimes fissile their games, so I wrote to you. I really liked your game The Age of Decadence , and I wanted to play it, but I don't have money. Please share with me, and if possible with my two friends the keys to the game or gifts. Please, please, please, please, please, please, please
We will post the review in Steam for you game

Sorry if prevented.
Yours faithfully,
:lol:

This has to be a legit kid and not a scammer.

If he did not ask for 2 keys for his friends I would believe it also. Asking for more than 1 key is the biggest giveaway:)

Shadenuat

Arcane
Assuming this is not a scam (which I think it probably is), I could imagine it being written and google-translated by some 10 year olds from somewhere in Europe, who sat around and played AoD together at one computer.
They should send a photo to identify themselves. If there's a carpet hanging on a wall on the photo, they're innocent and indeed might deserve a free steam key.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
They should send a photo to identify themselves. If there's a carpet hanging on a wall on the photo, they're innocent and indeed might deserve a free steam key.
I don't think any non-Eastern European will understand what you mean.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom