Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best combatfag game for build tinkering?

TheGreatOne

Arcane
I see Final Fantasy Tactics mentioned but not Tactics Ogre. Both games are made by the same studio, but if one mentions the first, the second one should also be mentioned.
It's all ogre also has branching storyline affected by alignment (Law/Neutral/Chaos)

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
FFT does have excellent build variety, but like pretty much every jrpg out there, lacks any serious challenge. There are maybe half a dozen battles in the entire game that are truly difficult for a decent party. I don't even mean optimized or anything, I just mean top 50% of what people probably played the game with. A strong party is outright invincible. Hell, people do challenges where they beat the game with a single character, or a party consisting of only a single class from start to finish.

5 Wizards with Calculator skill spamming Holy on everything while wearing Chameleon robes = lulz.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
FFT does have excellent build variety, but like pretty much every jrpg out there, lacks any serious challenge. There are maybe half a dozen battles in the entire game that are truly difficult for a decent party. I don't even mean optimized or anything, I just mean top 50% of what people probably played the game with. A strong party is outright invincible. Hell, people do challenges where they beat the game with a single character, or a party consisting of only a single class from start to finish.

5 Wizards with Calculator skill spamming Holy on everything while wearing Chameleon robes = lulz.
Another great one is simply having Ramza sit in a corner and scream for half an hour, until he runs out and punches everyone to death before they can react. And of course the extremely broken perfumes. Or Move-MP Up on a ninja with mp switch. Or just auto potion.

Fucking auto potion.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

Another great one is simply having Ramza sit in a corner and scream for half an hour, until he runs out and punches everyone to death before they can react. And of course the extremely broken perfumes. Or Move-MP Up on a ninja with mp switch. Or just auto potion.

Fucking auto potion.

Don't forget Blade Grasp on a 97 Brave 3 Faith Ninja with Martial Arts and that skill that lets him punch with his fists like a monk.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom