Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Best combat build for a first timer?

bati

Scholar
https://youtu.be/E93pikMQ9kM (final fight vs the weakened version of the boss, click at own risk)

Stats: http://i.imgur.com/pBuH05F.png

Buffs: Berserk potion (+40% dmg) and the upgraded neurostimulant to offset the THC % loss.

Weapon is Meteor Skeggox with all upgrades and sharpening stone.

Even without the potion I was hitting enemies towards the end of campaign for ~25-33 on savage hits. Crazy damage for a onehanded weapon. Fights like the Pass and Breach were a joke.

Now I need another good single character turn based combatfag game but the only thing that comes even close/surpases AoD is UnderRail which I've already played for like 250h :negative:. Any other suggestions?

bati

Scholar
Is there really nothing else? I'm not a fan of setting arbitrary challenges like solo mode in party games.

Maybe I'll just replay UnderRail :negative:

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
Is there really nothing else? I'm not a fan of setting arbitrary challenges like solo mode in party games.

Maybe I'll just replay UnderRail :negative:

All I can think of are party-based TBS games, sorry. After an AoD blitz, I usually have to switch genres. It's Mordheim: CotD this time for me.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Assassin Hybrid with Longbow 5/9/4/8/7/7, Maadoran run

VIII. Arena Archery Tournament

- Checked in to Maadoran Inn
- Teleported to Trade district and bought "Old Faithful"
- Started Arena training
- Saved Basil from thugs
- Saved Quintus from thugs

2ksgbgT.jpg

PYot61L.jpg

tMFDogZ.jpg

y5lcIkk.jpg

w6cgoJp.jpg

jCFoMQW.jpg

mrX0O1N.jpg

XxloWZS.jpg

body count-
Arena (to Gladiator)
43. Thief
44. Zealot
45. Isatis
46. Papa Yochan
47. Desert Raider
Basil's Thugs
48. Thug Axeman
49. Thug Swordsman
Arena (to Executioner)
50. Barbari Axeman
51. Barbari Swordsman
52. Barbari Hammer
53. Nicander
54. Bendioros
55. Sarpedon
56. Sarpedon
57. Ordu Swordsman
58. Ordu Archer
Quintus' Thugs
59. Thug Mallet
60. Thug Swordsman

*I'm not sure what happened but I got credited an extra +1 body count somehow/ I think it counted Sarpedon twice, once for bleeding and once for poison.

Last edited:

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Jason Liang how are you managing to land aimed shots and arterial strikes with any regularity with no points in bow? Doesn't that give you <10% hit chance? Certainly doesn't give you enough AP left over to kite them very well either. Seems like they'd butcher you in the time it takes to land even a single shot. What am I missing?

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
SUPER EDITED POST GO

So I saw the other thread and thought you were just spamming bolas, which would make sense, but then later on you said you didn't use them much, so I'm still not sure how you managed to really hit anything.

DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
At 1 bow I usually use fast attack and spacing for Teron. Also I wear better armor than the enemies, which is a huge advantage. In 1v1, if I fast attack and move 2 spaces, the opponent has to chase me 2 spaces and can only hit me with a fast attack, which my body armor should mostly absorb. Using fast attack keeps you from getting head shot. 1v2 or 1v3 there's usually some way to move so that the enemies keep getting in each other's way, so they can't all hit you, until you whittle them down.

Also some enemies are easier killed with heavy xbow+hand xbow instead of longbow. In this case you just keep hitting them with the heavy xbow until they die or get knocked down, then you kill them with hand xbow when they're knocked down. Or I use the marculus to knock them down + hand xbow. 4AP knockdown (marculus) + 3AP arterial strike (hand xbow) + 3AP arterial strike (hand xbow). If you have trouble hitting with the marculus you can use a net. You can also use bombs to knock down, for example if you start off surrounded like Aurelian mine if you leave and come back and have to jump the barricade (it's a waste of bombs though).

The point being that longbow is way better than the other weapons...

Aurelian mine with 1 bow, 1 dodge-

tMMabXL.jpg

rdsZwbf.jpg

7ZxrR7Z.jpg

H3fnvl5.jpg

Miltiades' Thugs fight (1 bow, 3 dodge, combat skills only from combat skill points)

UNLirtf.jpg

jQvTBXq.jpg

The Aurelian mine fight isn't a great example since neither part is a "typical" fight. Maybe I'll do a detailed walkthrough of the Miltiades fight with a 1/1 later for demonstration.

In general though, I find dodge way more crucial to which fights are possible and which are not. Try Raider Camp with 1/3 vs 1/4 vs 1/5 vs 1/6 and you'll see each point in dodge makes a world of difference. At this point I think all of Teron can be cleared with a 1/1 but you'd have to use bombs and liquid fire for the Raider Camp with a 1/1.

Last edited:

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
It seems you take quite an optimal path trough Teron to get maximum training. Care to share some tips?

I already find that you can get training from both Feng and Cassius by failing to 'remove' Cassius. Dellar seems to be available to train anyone with a charisma of 6.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Miltiades Thugs fight walkthrough with 1 bow/ 1 dodge extreme hybrid assassin 5/8/4/8/8/7

So I am using the Miltiades Thugs fight to demonstrate some tactics that any build, even one with no combat skills, can use to consistently beat any fight in Teron. I picked this fight since it's one that first time players often mention they find challenging and also since they want to beat this fight to continue the Miltiades quest line. Actually this fight is not very difficult (there are perhaps only 1 or 2 difficult fights in Teron if you use the right tactics, not counting Aemolas village which you can complete later).

The build I'm using is a hybrid assassin that only uses the combat skill points you get from character creation and from winning fights to increase combat skills (no generic skill points spent on combat skills). I abandoned this build since I found out (the hard way) that 5 STR 8 DEX needs to invest in Throw 3 to climb Antidas' palisade (when you can do it with a 4/9...), so actually 5/9/4/8/7/7 would be much better (+5 skill from creation, extra dodge, +1 AP and you don't need to dump 15 points into throwing). However, I have this character on hand so I can show you the strategy.

Getting all the freebie skill points after infiltrating Antidas' palace, as well as looting the blue steel marculus, our character looks like this-

1SnqXy7.jpg

We had 31 generic skill points leftover, so we dump it to raise crafting to 6, so we can craft some better bows and armor. We'll need +4 civ skill points later for Impersonate 2 to do Aurelian outpost, but we'll get that from the Miltiades fight [which is why we're doing it before Aurelian outpost] (+2 generic skill points for the encounter, +1 lockpicking use, +1 persuade use). We also haven't gotten the Lore bonus from Feng's room (I'm pretty sure you still get +10 points into Lore from Cassius at Lore 2/ Etiquette 2) so we have some points to play with. Also notice that we could also raise Dodge to 2 with our combat points (we'll need cs at 4 to cs Esbenus before the Raider camp), and we could actually do the Tavern thugs fight first to raise dodge to 3. But for the purposes of this demonstration we'll leave Dodge at 1.

Mnu4Kvf.jpg

We decompose the iron Praetorian armor we got from the Guard barracks for material. Note that you don't need Crafting 6 at all to beat this fight; you can wear the Iron Lorica you get from Aurelian Outpost instead and use craft 4 bows to beat this fight with no problem. But since this build has the points, I'm just making things a little easier on us.

We make an Iron Lamellar and some nice bows. We had enough iron to make a nice Attic helmet with only -2 TH penalty but it's up to you... in hindsight the Attic helmet would have been better. Our equipment and stats going into the fight (you can see Miltiades lurking in the background).

BSkwOzM.jpg

We can win this fight very easily with a bomb, but the only thing we'll use is a net. We actually don't even need to use the net; I just want to demonstrate marculus knockdown. You certainly don't need to waste a bola on this fight. Still, if you are crazy enough to play this game ironman, I'd always have bombs ready to go. Since both thugs (like most of the enemies in Teron) don't wear helmets, we load our 3 hand xbows with barbed missiles. I also should have put poison on the marculus but I forgot.

qNVivuw.jpg

HERE WE GO (cue FFVIII combat music)

We have two enemies, but one is easy to hit (the axeman/ blocker) and the other is much harder to hit (the swordsman/ dodger). So our strategy is to kill the axeman with our heavy crossbow, and then take out the swordsman. The swordsman's swift and body attacks can't really hurt us, but at dodge 1 he will take a lot of dangerous shots at our head.

(actually we got quite lucky this time and killed both thugs so fast that we barely even used our longbow. But I'll point out where we would actually use some tactics if we hadn't gotten the good rolls)

Turn 1

3pLeZ7m.jpg

Qplu6jK.jpg

So we start by shooting the axeman with our xbow. It doesn't knock him down, but both the xbow and the longbow do so much damage that even if we don't knock him down, we still kill him easily in 3 or 4 hits. Our strategy is to move in a way that minimizes the number of swings the axeman gets to take at us before he dies. We take 1 step away towards the swordsman and reload.

I think a common mistake players make with heavy xbow is to reload and immediately shoot a 2nd shot. But even if we hit a 2nd shot, it wont kill the axeman. We want to start the turn with a reloaded xbow so that, if we knock him down, we can immediately finish him off with our hand xbows.

2 AP regular attack (heavy xbow) to axe
2 AP move back towards sword
6 AP reload heavy xbow

Turn 2

QP979bq.jpg

We have two choices to move, and we want to move away from the axeman (I'll explain why later). Then we take another shot at him-

nuwn5nj.jpg

Luckily (or unluckily for the sake of demonstration), we get a knockdown. So the axe is pretty much as good as dead. We unequip the heavy xbow, grab a hand xbow out of our bag, and shot him in the throat

xFS5eLE.jpg

for 14 damage. With our final AP, we equip a net. The axeman is as good as dead and now we turn to the swordsman.

2 AP move away from the axe
2 AP regular attack (heavy xbow) on the axe
2 AP remove heavy xbow
3 AP arterial strike (hand xbow) on the axe
1 AP equip net

However, even if we didn't get the knockdown on the axe, I want to show you what happens-

CnVNM3A.jpg

So next turn we would end up in this formation here. We move away from the axe and shoot him again which would kill him or put him at almost dead. Since the swordsman moves before the axeman, the swordsman moves in front of the axeman blocking him. Now the axeman has to move around the swordsman to get to us, which prevents him from attacking and then we kill him next turn. In a difficult fight, the right movement can minimize the number and quality of the swings you take, so it's important to figure out the optimum choreography.

Turn 3

EBr33Cx.jpg

Now that it's just down to the swordsman, this fight is actually basically over. We could throw a bomb at him and finish him off with hand xbows. Or we could just equip our longbow and move away- as we'll see, he will respond by pulling out his own dinky bow, at which point you'll win a shootout against him with your superior bow and armor. However, since I want to demonstrate marculus knockdown, I'll use a net.

tHWcPbD.jpg

So we toss a net on the sword, then equip our marculus and spare hand xbow for 1 AP each. At the point I feel no guilt using nets to win these fights. Nets are plentiful and we've pretty much handicapped ourselves to the point that nets are fair use.

With our remaining 4 AP we go for a leg shot. This hit doesn't really matter, since what we really care about knocking him down next turn, which would be match. We whiff on the leg strike but that just gives us better hope for next turn, since it would be unlucky to miss 2 attacks in a row on a netted enemy.

4 AP throw net
1 AP equip marculus
1 AP equip hand xbow
4 AP aimed: leg (marculus)

Turn 4

HjlqpCR.jpg

Knockdown for game! -

JuDxMIM.jpg

WHACK! Now coup de grace-

mT5K3Cd.jpg

Hand xbow #2- crit, very nice

3kjScNB.jpg

Hand xbow #3-

4 AP knockdown (marculus)
3 AP arterial strike (hand xbow)
3 AP arterial strike (hand xbow)

Turn 5

2bNrLsB.jpg

13 damage, ouch! Not much this turn; we free our hands

MRlXl0Z.jpg

and run 4 spaces since we don't have enough AP left to equip our longbow, move and shoot him this turn. Let him bleed for a bit.

1 AP remove marculus
1 AP remove hand xbow
8 AP move 4 spaces away

Turn 6

YTXSGSl.jpg

lolz! It turns out the sword will pull out a bow if you move away from him. That makes this fight even simpler. But regardless, it's over-

PuJ4j9L.jpg

POW. (cue FFVIII battle victory music)

2 AP equip longbow
6 AP fast attack (longbow)

jfvyWwM.jpg

Live the dream.

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
It seems you take quite an optimal path trough Teron to get maximum training. Care to share some tips?

I already find that you can get training from both Feng and Cassius by failing to 'remove' Cassius. Dellar seems to be available to train anyone with a charisma of 6.

I listed a full walkthrough for Teron top of this page with all the possible bonus points.

Jason Liang

Arcane
BONUS

Just to demonstrate that it's possible-

Bandit camp done with 1 bow/ 1 dodge

EYGAhfM.jpg

njnIm1a.jpg

Fa9NubE.jpg

It took 2 bombs and this fight was still a bitch.

Aurelian Outpost

m5le8YA.jpg

uzVTXdI.jpg

Terminator title with bow 1/ dodge 1

MZPxUru.jpg

(interestingly, if you do Bandit camp first, you wont get Terminator until after you report to Dellar, whereas if you do Bandit camp second, you get the title immediately. Not sure why)

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Dude, mindless proved it that is possible to beat the entire game without dodge or block if you reload enough. Nobody gives a shit. Don't waste your time.

Parabalus

Arcane
Dude, mindless proved it that is possible to beat the entire game without dodge or block if you reload enough. Nobody gives a shit. Don't waste your time.

Mindless had weapon skills and 4 CHA, this is an "achievement" in another league.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Another league of reloadness. That's like record for guinness book. Nobody gives a shit.

Parabalus

Arcane
Another league of reloadness. That's like record for guinness book. Nobody gives a shit.

I agree, I could never do that. Going without defense is frustrating enough in some fights, this seems like a grueling experience. Reading about it is fun though.

Jason Liang, could you post how many attempts per fight you needed? Great work so far.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Bandit camp is a bitch at 1/1, yes. I'd say, with optimal strategy, 1/10 perhaps?

The problem isn't that you need good luck. The problem is you need not to have bad luck.

You can't afford to take a bad crit, and you take so many attacks that chances are one of them will crit. And they are all bad crits.

The strategy is sound, assuming you don't die.

But if I ever do a true combat skill points only run/ walkthrough, it wont be 1/1 (no point wasting 2 bombs on this fight when it's easy enough at 1/4).

You be the judge:

Turn 0:
cs Esbenus

Turn 1:

fDVAjbI.jpg

Bandit Archers will shoot you with swift attack but unless it crits it wont get past your armor (or do 1 damage)
2 AP regular attack (heavy xbow) the hammer. He only has 15 hp so you just need to hit; you'll do at least 8 damage and poison for 9 damage
8 AP run back 4 spaces

Turn 2:

XhjuQ3J.jpg

Bandit archers wont attack you since the melee bandits are blocking them
10 AP run back 4 and side 1 (towards the wall opening)

Turn 3:

PnwOv3o.jpg

8 AP run to one space above the side of the wall
2 AP unequip heavy xbow

Turn 4:

t5OZBDf.jpg

Bandit archers wont attack you since the melee bandits are blocking them (iirc)
2 AP equip longbow
6 AP fast attack (longbow) the spear. This will hit unless you've been hit in the arm. He also has 15 HP so you can tell if you need to shoot him again
2 AP move back 1

Turn 5:

floIPoS.jpg

2 AP move back 1
6 AP fast attack (longbow) the axe (healthy). We will save him for last so it doesn't really matter if we hit him or not here.
pass

Turn 6:

YADO8X4.jpg

2 AP move back 1
6 AP fast attack (longbow) the axe
pass

This is the sweet spot; we must end our turns on this spot. The archers can't hit us from this spot unless they move past the wall; and once they do, we have just enough range to bomb them.

Turn 7:

iS7MP7K.jpg

One of the archers should move directly behind the axe; this is the signal that we need to prepare for the bombs
6 AP fast attack (longbow) the spear if we need another hit
If the spearman is already dead, instead we can try pushing the axeman and moving into his space. This isn't essential but it would give us 100% knockdown chance with our bombs
2 AP unequip longbow
1 AP equip hand xbow
1 AP equip bomb

Turn 8:

98zdRJc.jpg

One of the archers should move left and shoot us. Hopefully we dont die
3 AP bomb (archer)
3 AP arterial strike (archer)
3 AP arterial strike (archer) this should kill him. Make sure one of the hand xbows is poisoned, just in case
1 AP remove hand xbow

hvDHhJl.jpg

Turn 9:

hCPBBe3.jpg

The other archer should move to the exact same spot as the previous archer and shoot us. Hopefully we dont die
3 AP bomb (archer)
1 AP equip hand xbow
3 AP arterial strike (archer) This one has more life I think so make sure one of these hand xbows is poisoned. Neither wear helmets so use barbed ammo

turn 10:

wSrx8OF.jpg

If all has gone according to plan, it's just you and the axeman. If you have at least 10 life, you should own him unless he owns you with a crit. Don't be afraid to play chicken and run away if you think you've done enough damage to take him out with poison.

So typically everything goes according to plan until turn 8, at which point for 2 turns we hope we don't die. If we don't die, we will likely win this fight.

Turn 11:

eTKeIwS.jpg

Turn 13:

MO8hrQ7.jpg

Turn 14:

4Imqefi.jpg

k4k4G68.jpg

H9nLfQm.jpg

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane

If you believe this, then you know nothing about AoD's combat.

Doing Bandit camp with 1/1 is really no different from any other "hardcore" rpg challenge, like Wiz 7 Gorrors, Orochi in Rance Sengoku or Hanny King in Rance VI.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
Bandit camp is a bitch at 1/1, yes. I'd say, with optimal strategy, 1/10 perhaps?

The problem isn't that you need good luck. The problem is you need not to have bad luck.

You can't afford to take a bad crit, and you take so many attacks that chances are one of them will crit. And they are all bad crits.

The strategy is sound, assuming you don't die.

But if I ever do a true cs points only run/ walkthrough, it wont be 1/1.

You be the judge:

Turn 0:
cs Erbenus

Turn 1:
Bandit Archers will shoot you with swift attack but unless it crits it wont get past your armor (or do 1 damage)
2 AP regular attack (heavy xbow) the hammer. He only has 15 hp so you just need to hit; you'll do at least 8 damage and poison for 9 damage
8 AP run back 4 spaces

Turn 2:
10 AP run back 4 and side 1 (towards the wall opening)

Turn 3:
8 AP run to one space above the side of the wall
2 AP unequip heavy xbow

Turn 4:
2 AP equip longbow
6 AP fast attack (longbow) the spear. This will hit unless you've been hit in the arm. He also has 15 HP so you can tell if you need to shoot him again
2 AP move back 1

Turn 5:
2 AP move back 1
6 AP fast attack (longbow) the axe (healthy). We will save him for last so it doesn't really matter if we hit him or not here.
pass

Turn 6:
2 AP move back 1
6 AP fast attack (longbow) the axe
pass

This is the sweet spot; we must end our turns on this spot. The archers can't hit us from this spot unless they move past the wall; and once they do, we have just enough range to bomb them.

Turn 7:
One of the archers should move directly behind the axe; this is the signal that we need to prepare for the bombs
6 AP fast attack (longbow) the spear if we need another hit
If the spearman is already dead, instead we can try pushing the axeman and moving into his space. This isn't essential but it would give us 100% knockdown chance with our bombs
2 AP unequip longbow
1 AP equip hand xbow
1 AP equip bomb

Turn 8:
One of the archers should move left and shoot us. Hopefully we dont die
3 AP bomb (archer)
3 AP arterial strike (archer) this should kill him. Make sure one of the hand xbows is poisoned, just in case
1 AP remove hand xbow

Turn 9:
The other archer should move to the exact same spot as the previous archer and shoot us. Hopefully we dont die
3 AP bomb (archer)
1 AP equip hand xbow
3 AP arterial strike (archer) This one has more life I think so make sure one of these hand xbows is poisoned. Neither wear helmets so use barbed ammo

turn 10:
If all has gone according to plan, it's just you and the axeman. If you have at least 10 life, you should own him unless he owns you with a crit. Don't be afraid to play chicken and run away if you think you've done enough damage to take him out with poison.

So typically everything goes according to plan until turn 8, at which point for 2 turns we hope we don't die. If we don't die, we will likely win this fight.

Interesting, the sweet spot is the one in the above screenshot?

I couldn't find any way to LoS the archers myself, so whenever I did the raider camp with x/1, I would start next to one archer and kill both in 3 turns, then clean up.

I'll try using the spot next time, should go easier def., cheers.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Interesting, the sweet spot is the one in the above screenshot?

I couldn't find any way to LoS the archers myself, so whenever I did the raider camp with x/1, I would start next to one archer and kill both in 3 turns, then clean up.

I'll try using the spot next time, should go easier def., cheers.

It's two diagonal spaces down from where I'm standing in the picture. If you stand there and the Axe is in front of you, the archers have to move past the axe to shoot you, but they will still be in range of a bomb explosion.

I think you can tell by looking at the crime scene

UPDATE: I redid the fight again (only took 2 tries to win, and I goofed up the first time) and I took screenshots that I added to the spoiler, so you can see very clearly where the sweet spot is

Last edited:

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
Jason Liang I'm playing as a merchant who did the chosen one thingy and might want to expand on that in Ganezzar. I want to do some crafting, but took skills/got training to be able to do lots of different things.
So far I've crafted an iron preatorian armor and helmet because I found dodge and light armor really underwhelming. I'm in Maadoran now and did the first few Arena battles.

My character: http://imgur.com/K64re34

Can you recommend me a weapon for my playthrough? Last time I played as a spear user, which was great because it has defensive special effect, but I want something else this time. And should I invest more in dodge to increase my chances of survival or take weapon skills to end fights quicker?

Parabalus

Arcane
Jason Liang I'm playing as a merchant who did the chosen one thingy and might want to expand on that in Ganezzar. I want to do some crafting, but took skills/got training to be able to do lots of different things.
So far I've crafted an iron preatorian armor and helmet because I found dodge and light armor really underwhelming. I'm in Maadoran now and did the first few Arena battles.

My character: http://imgur.com/K64re34

Can you recommend me a weapon for my playthrough? Last time I played as a spear user, which was great because it has defensive special effect, but I want something else this time. And should I invest more in dodge to increase my chances of survival or take weapon skills to end fights quicker?

Take crossbow and get a few tips from his write ups on switching between hand/heavy. I'd put in 5-6 points because less is annoying. Stock up on 10 liquid fire and clear out Zamedi, or talk it out. Afterwards you just pew pew pew, don't forget a power tube. I wouldn't put more points into dodge, it's a waste.

Jason Liang

Arcane
With what you have, you could healing machine up to 8 DEX and invest in Swords (can he get healing machine with 7/4? does he need PA first?). MC doesn't help you with combat training, so Dellar's is what you've got. Hammer is better and would let you use the blue steel marculus, but it would also require more investment and you look very short on points. You don't need xbow skill to get good use hand xbow or Bolter. On Civ side, I'd probably go all in on alchemy; that's your main combat skill. If you want to do hard fights, you're going to need bombs. Lots of bombs.

I'd go with EITHER swords or alchemy; you probably don't want to spend points maxing both. The 4 alchemy you've got should be good enough to make most basic brews so.

You get lightened armor at 5 crafting, so you can craft a lightened imperial armor. The penalty is the same as lorica (I think they patched that) so there's really no reason not to with the death armor with 9 AP.

That 8 INT instead of 8 PER or 8 DEX is painful to look at... Chosen One really isn't a hybrid build, it's a "Eek! Blood! Run!" build. Still, the rest of your build is fine; investing in dodge is great. At 9 AP you can do all the nifty scimitar moves; you just can't *move* and do all the nifty scimitar moves.

Turn 1:
7 AP Aimed head- crit
2 AP unequip scimitar

Turn 2:
3 AP arterial strike
3 AP arterial strike

2 AP either equip scimitar

or

1 AP equip hand xbow
2 AP aimed torso

or Bolter

So again I'd give sword the edge; try for 4 sword/ 6 dodge and then see if you need to dump any more points into sword

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom