Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Besiege

Destroid

Arcane
Currently in early access and producing hilarious webms. Haven't played it but the sim looks pretty damn robust, considering the different kinds of things people have built with it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/346010/

pippin

Saw BroTeam playing it the other day. The concept of a battering ram simulator is amazing.

shoutbox said:
X6Mo27v.gif

Destroid

Arcane
Sranchammer, I think simulation based games can be quite worthwhile to play during early releases, see Dwarf Fortress, KSP etc.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
This is truly some bizarre shit.

Edit:

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

KamelĂĄsĂĄ!
Patron
I maded this! Original design, do not steel!

052DE592EB28E807CD5325D48860E64C12DC2604

D85F2DF6837FC47CFDF5FC2FA47E6085CF6DA7D3

Arrows control movement (using double-wheel configuration insde the hull so it can rotate no prob. 4-6 on numpad rotates turret. 5-8 on numpad changes gun elevation. N deploys swastika. H toggles cannon flamer and also makes it piston out to punch shit once the flamer is out of fuel.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Arrows control movement (using double-wheel configuration insde the hull so it can rotate no prob. 4-6 on numpad rotates turret. 5-8 on numpad changes gun elevation. N deploys swastika. H toggles cannon flamer and also makes it piston out to punch shit once the flamer is out of fuel.
I have something similar, although mine resembles a ship-of-line/dreadnought. Two gun-decks plus two twin cannon turrets. The only problem is 418 part which my PC has trouble rendering fast enough and I get a slideshow.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
:what:

Holy shit, those tanks, those airships... the power of weaponized autism. Shouldn't those people be working for NASA or something.

EDIT: Shit is evolving at an alarming rate, they are already at Flying Aircraft Carriers...

Last edited:

baturinsky

Arcane
Working off the twin engine version of my original fixed wing aircraft, I made a working autogyro:
Is that gyryro actually stabilize the plane? It's that stacks of buzzsaws with fireballs, right? Btw, are fireballs necessary and why?

Destroid

Arcane
Working off the twin engine version of my original fixed wing aircraft, I made a working autogyro:
Is that gyryro actually stabilize the plane? It's that stacks of buzzsaws with fireballs, right? Btw, are fireballs necessary and why?

The gyro is the rotors on top, it provides lift instead of wings. The stack of buzzsaws with the fireball is what has been dubbed the 'chaos engine'. It's a way to exploit the physics of the game to utilise the huge rotational speed of buzzsaws.

Basically when you have buzzsaws connected to things on both sides, whenever you load one side up more, it will push more power to the other side. The fireball is simply a mass resisting the spin to push more power to out the other side to the propellers. You can get much more power by mounting them directly onto the frame, however all that torque being absorbed leads to undesirable rotation, while these engines are free to spin on both ends.

You needn't use a weight either, I've made a much lighter engine design that uses propellers to resist the spin instead.

Someone made this which I thought was really cool:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I find the main thing preventing me from building a viable quad copter is the ability to control 4 rotors at once. My keyboard can only handle 3 controls being pressed at once. So I can't run each rotor individually, which is what you need, in order to run the front two for forward lift, the back two for rear lift or the left or right sides for left / right turning.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom