Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION - isometric post-apocalyptic adventure from STASIS developer

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
South Africa is a pretty good place to live if you have even a small amount of money - but things have gotten VERY expensive, and there is a huge amount of social unrest. With the governments new 'land redistribution' plans it feels a bit like a ticking time bomb. Its sad - I love this place so much, but there will be a point in the not-so-distant future when it will just be an impossible place to create any sort of life in.

We will ramp up marketing as we closer to release. We are still a year away from that - and the current press cycle is a few weeks at most. But next year our marketing efforts will start to increase.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Hey Pyke will you make a Sanitarium type of game?

Also move to Poland!!!

If BD does well the next game I wanna do is a much smaller adventure game thats similar to Blade Runner. My girlfriend and I have been talking about this really cool story and world that would make an awesome adventure game. Its basically just a pinterest board for ideas and some google docs stuff, but yeah - it could be pretty cool.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...n-isometric-post-apocalyptic-ad/posts/2269553

AUGUST 2018

Hey Backers,

We've received all of the boxes and flash drives needed to prepare your physical rewards!

To ensure that our backer obligation is fulfilled, we chose to sort this out sooner rather than later. Here it is - ready and waiting:

BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION DELUXE BOX
High gloss red foil

5e1e5bcd2996d48fb361027187d353e9_original.jpg

ace97a6a13c536fe084c9b317b20ddd5_original.jpg

BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION STANDARD BOX
with black UV-varnish

21735238c81e918685dddb3d96437471_original.jpg

CAYNE LIMITED EDITION BOX
Gold foil and UV-varnish

a61e17bf95247dbbc45992e07f4050c7_original.jpg

8bc8eb97efb796a5129b7a74b0624058_original.jpg

The only thing left to do is finish the game :)

Before we ship the rewards we will confirm your address details in the backer survey.

Take care,

Chris & Nic

PS

Have you read our Blog? We have posts going back 8 years...

http://thebrotherhoodgames.com/blog/

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Until its economy crumbles and the indigenous life decide to butcher you because you have money.
Gotta keep shit exciting. But in all honest, you're going to tell me that a place like this,
UY1NiCh.png

isn't gorgeous? And that's just the ocean view. The view towards the mountains is equally great.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Until its economy crumbles and the indigenous life decide to butcher you because you have money.
Gotta keep shit exciting. But in all honest, you're going to tell me that a place like this,
UY1NiCh.png

isn't gorgeous? And that's just the ocean view. The view towards the mountains is equally great.
No different than the beaches here and in Greece,only that the water is colder there because it is ocean one. It is ok,seen better.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
UY1NiCh.png

My girlfriends folks live on that mountain (a little to the right from this pic).

I live on the other side of the mountain. This view is from the coffee shop thats a walk down the path from my place.
DSJtgqhX4AAfGbP.jpg:large

The frustrating thing with South Africa is that its SUCH an incredible place to live with SUCH a shitty government and a social 'rot' that sits just under the surface. It feels a little like living on an active volcano - you are very aware that at any moment it may just...explode.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Finally got around to actually looking at this game, and it's as fucking gorgeous as people were saying. With glorious 2D rendered backgrounds to boot! My only question is that this game seems like it'll require a pretty good rig to run, do you have any info on the specs that'll be required for this game; as I don't think my shitty laptop will be up to snuff.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Finally got around to actually looking at this game, and it's as fucking gorgeous as people were saying. With glorious 2D rendered backgrounds to boot! My only question is that this game seems like it'll require a pretty good rig to run, do you have any info on the specs that'll be required for this game; as I don't think my shitty laptop will be up to snuff.

Until we get into beta testing Im not sure what the spec will be - but if you can fun CAYNE you should be able to run BD without much trouble. We are also adding in a lot of graphics options for you to fine tune the game to your rig.

garren

Arcane
Patron
Can you add a feature that your character runs towards the mouse cursor if you press and hold the select button? Makes it easier to move when you don't have to constantly click the ground.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Pyke gorgeous as always, and I see you've tried to make the transition/interact icons less obtrusive. Thanks man! Have you tried playing the game with the full icon only showing on mouse over, rather than proximity-based? Making the hotspot triangle proximity activated and the icon only show on mouse-over would be a great way really tamp down the visual clutter when you're near a high density of hotspots.

Regardless, it's looking much better than that early scene with the icons that we talked about.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Can you add a feature that your character runs towards the mouse cursor if you press and hold the select button? Makes it easier to move when you don't have to constantly click the ground.

I know that Nic did experiment with that a while ago. I really liked it but he ended up removing it - Ill have a chat with him about why, and see if its possible to add it in as an extra way to move around.

Pyke gorgeous as always, and I see you've tried to make the transition/interact icons less obtrusive. Thanks man! Have you tried playing the game with the full icon only showing on mouse over, rather than proximity-based? Making the hotspot triangle proximity activated and the icon only show on mouse-over would be a great way really tamp down the visual clutter when you're near a high density of hotspots.

Regardless, it's looking much better than that early scene with the icons that we talked about.

We are always playing around with the interface! The icons can actually be scaled in the games settings, so there is a degree of customization that you can have to get your ideal UI - but Ill bring it up when we do another UI talk!

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
My girlfriends folks live on that mountain (a little to the right from this pic).

I live on the other side of the mountain. This view is from the coffee shop thats a walk down the path from my place.
DSJtgqhX4AAfGbP.jpg:large

The frustrating thing with South Africa is that its SUCH an incredible place to live with SUCH a shitty government and a social 'rot' that sits just under the surface. It feels a little like living on an active volcano - you are very aware that at any moment it may just...explode.

Mmm, guess this explains why the evul villain in Stasis is a South African with a comically bad accent.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Thats his actual accent. :D South African accents are incredibly varied. Often you can even tell what school a person went to based on their accent alone.
When I moved to Cape Town I found it even more apparent - the accent changes here are insane. I took my cat to the vet the other day, and the receptionist actually picked up the area that I grew up in (Edenvale for any South Africans here) from overhearing my conversation with my girlfriend.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom