Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

PrettyDeadman

Planescape EE is superior to the original in every way.
I could only finish ~5% of the original, but in EE I've done at least 30% of the content.

Bocian

Arcane
It's annoying but who really cares.
Very many people actually care, and very rightfully so.
What you communist lemmings are beyond to understand is - you vote with your money. Giving your cash to retards like beamdog, who very openly and blatantly promote certain (doubtful) "virtues", you endorse and support them. And you are the reason why they continue to appear and ruin what remains of this fucked up industry. Developers count their profits, see which things are selling, and start to pander to these purple-haired turbo-faggots. Their influence has been tolerated for long enough that they're now the force to be noticed, and can actually push their retarded agenda through (really have to remind you first PoE and backer poem drama?).
Because of those see-no-evil, live-and-let-live faggots like you.
Fuck you.

No, EE aren't good. Their art direction is bad. Their improvements are non-existent - maybe counting out winblows 10 compatibility (who needs this?) - and introduce more bugs on the way. Their prices are absurd, for the effort put in. Their policies are an affront to original developers, whose name isn't even mentioned on Steam/GOG front page. I despise such practices and refuse to support them by buying anything they let out, and I won't, as a principle. Their laid their hands on first NWN, the game I actually liked and had fun with (in multiplayer, original content shouldn't be acknowledged or judged anymore), and begun to screw it up messing with minds of its remaining playerbase, luring them in with promises of "continuous upgrades" (phew), objectively pathetic graphical improvements (community has done much better on its own) and reintroducing a master server (which wasn't necessary, since most game servers had their own login/password system established long time ago). Only redeemable thing about it, which I have to admit, is improved toolset. But still, it's paying 20 bucks for better developer tools, removing some hard-coded things and vague promises for unknown time in the future. No, thanks.

Arthandas

Liturgist
What happens if you leave a companion in Modron cube foyer? Will they disappear when you re-enter the cube?

Very many people actually care, and very rightfully so.
What you communist lemmings are beyond to understand is - you vote with your money. Giving your cash to retards like beamdog, who very openly and blatantly promote certain (doubtful) "virtues", you endorse and support them. And you are the reason why they continue to appear and ruin what remains of this fucked up industry. Developers count their profits, see which things are selling, and start to pander to these purple-haired turbo-faggots. Their influence has been tolerated for long enough that they're now the force to be noticed, and can actually push their retarded agenda through (really have to remind you first PoE and backer poem drama?).
Because of those see-no-evil, live-and-let-live faggots like you.
Fuck you.

No, EE aren't good. Their art direction is bad. Their improvements are non-existent - maybe counting out winblows 10 compatibility (who needs this?) - and introduce more bugs on the way. Their prices are absurd, for the effort put in. Their policies are an affront to original developers, whose name isn't even mentioned on Steam/GOG front page. I despise such practices and refuse to support them by buying anything they let out, and I won't, as a principle. Their laid their hands on first NWN, the game I actually liked and had fun with (in multiplayer, original content shouldn't be acknowledged or judged anymore), and begun to screw it up messing with minds of its remaining playerbase, luring them in with promises of "continuous upgrades" (phew), objectively pathetic graphical improvements (community has done much better on its own) and reintroducing a master server (which wasn't necessary, since most game servers had their own login/password system established long time ago). Only redeemable thing about it, which I have to admit, is improved toolset. But still, it's paying 20 bucks for better developer tools, removing some hard-coded things and vague promises for unknown time in the future. No, thanks.

Well, after reading this I couldn't help going to beamdog's site and buying the EE on sale for $7.99.
Because not only I'm a faggot, I'm a CHEAP faggot!

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
This FeelTheRads guy gives me retadred sign in my every post, like I'm some kind of retard.

Apostle HandProspernaut
possibly_retarded.png
shitposter.png

I can't imagine what gave him that suggestion.

Max Edge

This release was a chance to show pansexual nature of Morte. Sadly, this alt-right haters scared developers.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Just removed this shit from inventory 'cause fuck it. I sort of like the zoom thingy, and i'm curious to see how the game plays out without that annoying wheel shit. Are there any heretical changes i should be aware of? And how much of the fix pack was included? Like, is dual class broken like in the original (where you got to keep your fighter skills when you switched to mage or thief), or is the fix included? Out of all the EEs, this one seems the least offensive one. At least i didn't see any shitty outline or stupid crap like that.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
Hello, is the AI in this game actually as awful as I see it? I mean, there are times when an enemy is constantly focusing one character and doesn't at all pay attention to others, even if that 'one' character happens to be Nameless One runing away from the enemy, and those 'others' are my companions that keep bashing the poor idiot while he's trying to get that one fleeing, and the idiot almost never switches to those who are actually attacking him and soon dies foolishly (the battles themeselves so far seem quite underwhelming, by the way). The pathfinding (or rather the seeming occasional absence thereof) also sucks greatly. Is there a means of fixing this, some sort of mod or anything? I'm playing the EE version.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
This is where I got that information from and Lilura generally knows her stuff.

12) Improved Pathfinding - all you need to do is to edit the torment.ini file in the game directory and change the appropriate line. Beamdog's version might be better

Might be better? The improvement is as a plain as day for those who aren't blinded by their buttmadness (I noticed it just in the vid and aVENGER confirmed right here in this thread). PS:T had the worst pathing routine of any IE RPG; worse even than the original but final-patch BG [1]. Common knowledge, that. Increasing search nodes to max in torment.ini didn't suddenly bring it to BG2 lvls, let alone SoD lvls. Common knowledge, too. Because they obviously made optimizations to the codebase that wasn't in the older, more primitive BG1 and PS:T engines. So yeah, it seems you are buttmad-blind. Maybe go get some sunshine and fresh air as it may stop you spewing this sort of shit.

[1] there are many examples of shitty pathing and combat unit "stickiness" in PS:T, plus the problem of combat units not attacking when you clicked on the enemy, even if the path to them was visibly unobstructed. What happened was, TNO or ally would just stand there waiting and only attack when the enemy closed in. This, again, is common knowledge (and true of original CD patched and current GoG version).

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
He said the pathfinding sucks and I thought it was the pathfinding in general, which I think he implies, sooooo.

T. Reich

Arcane
Pathfinding in PST is dogshit. Enemy AI, too.

However, since they have no significant bearing on the core gameplay, they can be easily ignored.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
Wasn't the EE supposed to fix the pathfinding?
Yes I thought exactly the same when I noticed this (no idea what they really could have done about it).

By terrible pathfinding I meant specifically the occasional failure of the target-seeking routine of NPCs. For example, when in the Mortuary, if a dustman decides to speak to you and starts moving to Nameless One to engage him in a dialog, he can sometimes stick in objects happening in his way and stays there being hopeless to walk around the obstacle (as if trying to just move through it). Or when you choose to strangle Awaiting-Death in the dustmen bar, its visitors turn hostile but some of them can't get close to you (so they could hit you) due to the failing pathfinding and keep miserably fidgeting around unable to figure out a proper path.

It's my very first PS:T walkthrough by the way.

Last edited:
Have you tried reporting the issue? I've played vanilla torment and after tweaking one setting in the .ini that specifically improves the pathfinding I never met the issues you mentioned.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
Do items you once left on the ground/placed in a container vanish after they have been there for a certain period of time?
Possible spoiler; don't open this if you haven't played/completed the game
I've got to the point when Morte gets kidnapped by some humanoid rats so all stuff he had on him now is just lying on the spot where he was and I don't have enough space to carry it with me (and I'm lazy to sell/throw away the items I don't need).

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
Do items you once left on the ground/placed in a container vanish after they have been there for a certain period of time?
Quite sure items don't disappear when dropped on the ground. I remember doing a lot of xp-grinding Undersigil, which became littered with crap.

edit: this was the original, not the EE.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Possible spoiler; don't open this if you haven't played/completed the game
I've got to the point when Morte gets kidnapped by some humanoid rats so all stuff he had on him now is just lying on the spot where he was and I don't have enough space to carry it with me (and I'm lazy to sell/throw away the items I don't need).

Couple of barrels just south of where you are, drop your crap in there, it'll be fine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom