Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

McPlusle

Savant
Does EE have better pathfinding? I'm in the catacombs on the original version (with widescreen/UI mod/fixpack) but I'm tempted to stop playing and drop $20 for the EE when I get paid because a) this pathfinding is driving me up a fucking wall (I've had to click on spots multiple times just to get them to move) and b) I feel like I'm playing the game wrong anyway (unless the game really does have more combat than I expected) so I wouldn't mind starting over.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Finally, something I will actually buy for the first time from Beamdog...
Eh, after seeing the kind of cringe social justice stuff they tried to put into their BG expansion, I really don't want to give them a dime.

Also, who is it that came up with the idea to put those ugly black outlines around characters in all their remakes?
http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/05/developing-planescape-torment-enhanced.html
robHolloway.png

"I want out of this dialogue."

FeelTheRads

Arcane
"I want out of this dialogue."

:lol:

This is a great line. Exactly what I was feeling most of the time while playing TTON but didn't know how to word it.

This one should stand out to all Baldur’s Gate players. A symbol of Bhaal marks one of the gravestones from the Coffin Maker’s Shop in the Lower Ward of Sigil.

A bit of a reach, isn't it? A skull can be just a skull, it's on a coffin after all. Else any skull in other games is a reference to Morte.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Also, who is it that came up with the idea to put those ugly black outlines around characters in all their remakes?

That I don't know but you do know that it can be turned off, right?

I think it was done to make the sprites stand out more on tablets. It shouldn't have been set as default but it's easy to change in-game.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/06/pstee-patch-313-and-whats-next-for.html

PST:EE Patch 3.1.3 And What's Next for Beamdog

The first patch for Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition is now available on Beamdog, Steam, GOG, Google Play, iTunes, and Mac App store!

Patch 3.1.3 focuses on bug fixes and localization improvements for desktop and mobile versions of the game. If you don’t see the patch immediately, please be patient as the update should populate in your region soon. Linux fans will be happy to hear this patch also adds 64 bit support.

A full list of patch notes is available at the bottom of this post.

And now for more exciting news! Beamdog fans have been asking about what’s next and the answer is… lots!

Our team of translators have already started work on PST:EE in multiple languages including Czech, Ukrainian, Italian, and more! Because these are volunteer-driven projects, we do not currently have a release date for any new languages. The new Beamdog Localization Coordinator is currently assessing each of our translation projects on our other Enhanced Edition titles and as projects are completed, we’ll add them to upcoming patches.

Our fans on iOS will be pleased to hear that we’re aware of the notification you’ve all been seeing regarding 32-bit applications and can rest assured that we will have all of our Enhanced Edition games upgraded to 64-bit as part of our 2.4 patch series. The Beamdog team has already started on the 64 bit update for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and plans to address the same issue on Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition afterwards. Expect to see more details on these iOS patches later this summer.

Once the 2.4 patch series has been completed, we will bring those improvements to desktop and Android versions of BG:EE, BGII:EE, and IWD:EE alongside more bug fixes and feature requests submitted by the community, including Steam achievements for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition.

As we get further into development, fans who own Enhanced Edition games on Beamdog will be able to opt into available betas through the Beamdog Client. Beta availability will be announced on all of our social channels, so stay tuned!

We’ve got a few other projects in the works including Steam trading cards. Watch out for more news in future updates! In the meantime, read on for a full list of bugs and features included in PST:EE patch 3.1.3!

Features Added
64 bit Linux support
[Tablet-only] Additional font scaling range for graphics options

Bug Fixes
General
Cranium Rats spawn in fight with Many-as-One
Missing gate guard added back to the Foundry
Drusilla now realizes Ignus has been freed
Vrischika will now purchase the Portal Lens
Mantuok does not appear again after he is dead
Bonus Hit Points from CON continue to be granted after level 10
The Rearrange Party feature now works as it did in the original game
The "Linear scaling" box now controls linear scaling consistently whether using DirectX or OpenGL
"Eye" items with alignment restrictions no longer grant the player passive benefits when they shouldn’t
Exceptional strength 18/01 no longer shows as 18/1
Ravel's cutscene with TTO no longer stops before the end
Changing character class in an area now does not cause portal triggers to cancel out
The game does not end if TNO is killed in the Smoldering Corpse bar
Zoom Lock should no longer distort cinematic spells
The "Lost Item" feedback message now appears when TNO loses an item
Cutscenes return camera to the level of zoom they started in
Turning off "Critical Hit Screen Shake" in the baldur.lua file disables screen shake during critical hits
Right clicking joinable NPCs no longer produces selection sounds
Voice actor names have been corrected in the credits
Added default names to save games
The party can now get to the Pillar of Skulls when using single file formation
Dialogue about breaking out of prison does not happen if party isn't imprisoned
The GUI returns after Ravels death
Fixed Pestle Kiln’s missing textures
PST:EE supports loading M_*.lua files
Smooth Area Transitions should no longer reduces voice volume when arriving in a new area
Fixed the Lock View on Character tooltip so it does not overlap the button/arrow

Gameplay
Casting Chromatic Orb at night no longer leaves the screen green
Ice Knife's THAC0 penalty is now temporary
The level of zoom in the Shattered Crypt does not affect Lesser Vargouilles' spawning
Infernal Shield cannot be dispelled by quickload anymore
The Fog of War now reappears after Abyssal Fury is cast and the victim fails their saving throw
Stygian Ice Storm visuals have been fixed
Tricha in the Curst pit fight now runs
Silhouettes no longer appear during cutscene spells
Guardian Mantle does not last forever anymore
Morte's Litany of Curses now gets harder to resist as he learns new taunts
Using Guard should set the party to guard an area does not toggle the draw selection button anymore

Steam
Expanded the description for the Enable Cloud Saves option
The "Closing the Circle" achievement description in Korean typo has been fixed
The "N'joi Ts'Cai'Sotex" achievement now always fires when joining Chaosmen

Android-only
The "How to play" page 4 arrow indicators have been swapped and now point to the correct button
Casting Abyssal Fury no longer freezes the game
Fixed a bug causing a crash on start on the Motorola Xoom MZ604

Localization
[French] Dialog with Fhjull is now fully translated
[French, German] Aegis of Torment description has been fully translated
[French] 'défilement' now contains a hyphen
[French] Quell is now translated consistently
[German, French] Fixed dialog errors in Lower Ward quests
[German] Typo fixes
[Korean] Translations suggestions and typo fixes added
[Non-English] Saving using the default name now works

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/06/pstee-patch-313-and-whats-next-for.html

Our team of translators have already started work on PST:EE in multiple languages including Czech, Ukrainian, Italian, and more! Because these are volunteer-driven projects, we do not currently have a release date for any new languages. The new Beamdog Localization Coordinator is currently assessing each of our translation projects on our other Enhanced Edition titles and as projects are completed, we’ll add them to upcoming patches.
lol
Typical parasites. They're looking for suckers who will work for free and call them "their team" even though they don't give them even one dime.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
CD Projekt will publish a boxed version of Planescape Torment: Enhanced Edition on June 23rd at the price of 70 PLN (around 19 USD). Of course they will release it in Polish language only, i.e. the most prestigious language there is. Considering how badly EE sells this move seems risky but who knows, Planescape Torment is really popular in Poland.

New Box (and the whole deal in general) is a huge decline, compare:
120823788.jpg
with:

6tCEqjp.jpg

Where is my Black Isle logo and WTF is there a 16 PG mark?

Prime Junta

I do not understand marketing. Why not just release an exact facsimile of the original box? I'm quite sure it would have more appeal.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Is there maybe a slight, slight chance they'll make combat good? I'd be willing to tolerate a tranny or two shoving their ladycocks in my face if they make combat enjoyable.

Anyone? :negative:

Agreed. I may even be able to finish it if they pull this off.

At least give the vampire lady thing some weapons she can equip. Have a bunch of kits for all the companions I can choose from, make character development way better, as well as itemization and item slots.

I don't understand why people wouldn't want new content. Who considers themselves an rpg fan and doesn't already own the game on disk and gog? If I am going to buy it again I want new shit, and the bad shit fixed.

It would be awesome if they somehow manage to use the IWD2 3.0 system for it and majorly overhaul the whole game and every single encounter and shorten the cube zone with the robot guy way way down.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

I think it was done to make the sprites stand out more on tablets. It shouldn't have been set as default but it's easy to change in-game.
Why wouldn't you set tablet features as default on a tablet game?
Both boxes look like PC Gamer covers, p shitty tbqhf.
It's partially because the one he compares to as the original box appears to be some shitty Polish "Special Edition" with it's "4 CD:s!!!!".

The actual original box actually looks pretty boss:

$_86.JPG

I still have mine somewhere.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I figured it would be something like that. Even on the tablet versions, I usually turn them off.

And I did know, Crolug, but it's still hideous. As Lilura said, it should not have been the default option on PCs.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I'm not sure these were posted. Puff pieces from Dragon Plus magazine last April:

"A Modest History of the Desktop Dungeons": http://www.dragonmag.com/5.0/#!/article/114737/103426569

The return of Planescape: Torment in a new enhanced edition marks the perfect time to chart the history of D&D as a computer RPG

Surprisingly it starts with unofficial mainframe adaptations, but not surprisingly for a puff piece, large part of it is about Planescape and Planescape: Torment.

"Tormented Souls" (Interview with Beamdog producer Philip Daigle): http://www.dragonmag.com/5.0/#!/article/114737/103426554

103426554-10.jpg

pippin

I don't hate Guido Henkel, but I think the game would benefit from having a more sober cover art. Like just the title and the logo of the Lady of Pain, or maybe a landscape from Sigil. After all, the game isn't only about yourself as TNO.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
OK guys, I'm about to play thru PS:T again (the last time I got as far as Curst before my savegame got corrupted) this time with this magnificent transcended edition that is sure to expand my brain right into the heart of our galaxy.

So, the important questions:
What scores of INT/WIS/CHA do I start with?
Mage or Thief?
Ignus or Jasede for the ranged companion?
Any other major decisions I should keep in mind? P much don't care for various +1 items and dialog lines, so don't bother listing that.

pippin

It's more convenient to max INT first for more dialogue options. Although plenty of other situations also require high WIS and CHA. I do remember a WIS check that I couldn't pass because I was too focused on INT and CHA.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom