Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Beamdog's next game is a Dungeons & Dragons RPG

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
This time we get to play autistic disabled person who's on a mission to improve life conditions for sexual minorites in Sword Coast?

Ableist homofobic pig!

Deleted Member 16721

Excellent news!! I can never get enough D&D, no matter which version of the rules are used. :)

Hope it's isometric and hand-drawn 2D backgrounds, too. NWN-style is fine, too, but prefer isometric. :)

Malpercio

Arcane
I don't see this much vitriol for even Bethesda or Bioware.

You have to be kidding... If not :retarded:

I mean, the way some posters act it's like Beamdog walked into their house, killed their dogs and raped them.

Instead they made a pretty ok D&D campaign with some pitfalls using beloved IE engine. As far RPG goes, it's more of a game than Witcher 3.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

I mean, the way some posters act it's like Beamdog walked into their house, killed their dogs and raped them.

Instead they made a pretty ok D&D campaign with some pitfalls using beloved IE engine. As far RPG goes, it's more of a game than Witcher 3.

:prosper::hmmm::retarded:
14244.jpg

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron
5th ed is quite fun. Still hope they're working on a Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition though.

Deleted Member 16721

5th ed is quite fun. Still hope they're working on a Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition though.

I'd prefer an Icewind Dale 2: Enhanced Edition first. My dad and I co-oped and beat IWD:EE on our tablets recently and had a blast.

I understand the 2nd game is a bit different, but another co-op IWD would be heavenly. :)

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Magic the Gathering profits must really be emboldening Wizards. It isn't like them to chase bad money with good.

(referring more to SCL than SoD, which was bound to have modest results and which I believe was more for teaching the team how to make RPGs than anything else).

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Whatever it is, I hope they can drop the linearity of SoD. More optional areas/quests and less locking the player out of completed areas.

Drowed

Arcane

It's more of a shitty game, yeah. But if you ask me if I want more shit, or less shit, I would prefer no shit at all.

(I liked Witcher 3, tho.)

DeepOcean

Arcane
I wish I could be excited for this but then I remember David Gaider works at BeamDog and I imagine playing a RPG where everybody from both sexes want to fuck with me for some reason and half the world population is made of trannies, the excitement goes away as fast as it arrived.

Black

Arcane
Why the fuck does beamdog get to make new D&D games when there's multiple better known candidates? Is it just because of their dragonspear or what?

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
I wish I could be excited for this but then I remember David Gaider works at BeamDog and I imagine playing a RPG where everybody from both sexes want to fuck with me for some reason and half the world population is made of trannies, the excitement goes away as fast as it arrived.
don't forget this
RWxuIeB.jpg

and this
XHesMNs.png

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
BTW how is hamber scott doing? We haven't seen or heard from her in quite some time. I wonder what her roll will be in this project.
:M

Deleted Member 16721

Amber Scott makes some great points and I agree with her.

But in terms of romances in RPGs, none of you liked Aerie?

Deleted Member 16721

How could one possibly not like her? She's so loveable.

Totally agree. I loved her. Her story was quite emotional and touching as well.

And Im generally not interested in romances in RPGs or consider them an important element, but that one was expertly done and worked great, in my opinion.

Black

Arcane
I wept a wee bit every time she talked about how she lost her virginity wings.

Electryon

Savant

It's may be possible for this comment to be stupider or more inaccurate, but it would be pretty difficult. The uproar over this game says so, so much more about the people who had a problem with it than anyone who was involved in making it. There was one, barely significant vendor who was transgender. The CREATOR of the Forgotten Realms confirmed there has been gender-neutral characters in the setting from the beginning. But what the fuck would he know??

Black

Arcane
The CREATOR of the Forgotten Realms confirmed there has been gender-neutral characters in the setting from the beginning. But what the fuck would he know??
Counter-point: he's the creator of forgotten realms, the teenager-est fantasy setting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom