Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Icewind Dale Beamdog's Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Let me guess...
Pro tip #2: drink health potions, cast healing spells or rest to restore health. :M

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
8Tp7sGL.png

:retarded:

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
Pardon me, but I assumed that this was just supposed to be funny and not taken literally? Or am I missing something important here?

RandomAccount

It wasn't funny until we found out it was a failed joke that no-one got, and now we find him extremely funny! So he got us to laugh in the end :smug:

The dude in that video said "Golem's" wrong. He said Go Lems, basically losing any sense of poker-face other that it could be anything but a guy badly acting a very bad over the top accent. It reminds me of a children's TV presenter, the sort of 7-12 age range where cheesy-camp is the norm. Either that or it's just a tranny getting an equal opportunities payday.

Are they marketing the game at 7-12 year olds?

Abelian

Somebody's Alt

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I can't believe they blew three fireballs on exploding unseen mobs even for a silly demo video. One. Maybe two if stuff is seriously going to wreck you. But three? I can't wrap my mind around it. So many wasted resources...

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I know that game presentations/trailer are made on cheats but srsly this is too much.

aleph

Arcane
Pardon me, but I assumed that this was just supposed to be funny and not taken literally? Or am I missing something important here?

You missed the fact that more than a few rpg players/codex poster are borderline autists with no grasp of humor and a complete inability to not take someone at face value

RandomAccount

Cast 3 fireballs into the darkness - reveal a dead NPC and blocked progression... oops...

DreadMessiah

Liturgist
Uh the combat isn't difficult. Just use ranged weapons on everyone at low level and marvel at how much more they hit enemies compared to taking a swing. Then as you actually begin to be able to cast useful spells besides sleep you can use some while still using missile weapons. Finally use a melee weapon at higher levels and laugh as the damage sky rockets for everyone but the mage who of course has some nifty spells that help things along.

titus

Arcane
Patron
It's a pretty good idea really, "funny" to get kids interested. I wonder if the advice only applies to the Enhanced Edition though...

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Considering the current vector of "progress", I'd say we're 5 years from the point where ALL GAMES are accompanies by such "funny" videos.

Fortunately, with a little bit of luck, as entertainment progresses, 20 years from now we'll be able to vote on whether we like those videos or not, and if an actor gets poor ratings, we get to vote what to do with them. One of the options will be "let them fight to the death in an arena against mutated fire breathing crocodiles and flying orangutans" and this will improve the whole deplorable situation by at least some degree.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
PART FIVE:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom