Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Icewind Dale Beamdog's Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
http://icewinddale.com/

I only played IWD once, years ago. The old resolution made it a bit of a pain to play. Might give it another go now that it will have the zoom out feature.

retamar

Educated
Those morons don't stop to amaze me, what the fuck do they enhance? Is there anything broken in those games?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
They could do with a new soundtrack and a quirky Wild Mage companion.

For the lazy:

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition features the following enhancements:
  • Six expanded quests, featuring content cut from the original game
  • 60 new items
  • Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster expansions
  • 31 new class and kit combinations from Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, well as the half-orc playable race
  • 122 new spells carried over from Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
  • Cross-platform multiplayer
  • A new "Story Mode" difficulty setting to allow players to experience all of the story with none of the Game Over screens
  • Available for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Codex, time to critique the UI. Also see if there's any blurriness.

Crichton

Prophet
IWD with BG2 rules actually does sound interesting but knowing these guys, they'll find a way to fuck it all up.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
It will probably turn out to be a better game than PoE.

Riel

Arcane
Icewind Dale is one of the cRPGs about which I have the fondest memories, the atmosphere of the game was just great, it really made you feel you were there in savage north, after it only Morrowind had that feeling of immersion. That said for some bizarre reasson infinite engine games refuse to CTD, break or stop runing, anytime I want to play them I just install them and they RUN. Soooo, that will teach them to do worst games next time becuase I not gonna buy that cash grab.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Why can't they enhance Wizard's Crown instead of games that work perfectly well? Wizard's Crown could really use a new, enhanced UI.

26c66ed10be10165e86644048a8b7e98.jpg
"lol, what's Wizard's Crown?"

octavius

Arcane
Patron
[*]Six expanded quests, featuring content cut from the original game
So they incorporated Unfinished Business.

[*]60 new items
So they incorporated Auril's Bane?

[*]31 new class and kit combinations from Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, well as the half-orc playable race
[*]122 new spells carried over from Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

These two actually sound interesting, and could spice up a 4th playthrough.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Icewind Dale is one of the cRPGs about which I have the fondest memories, the atmosphere of the game was just great, it really made you feel you were there in savage north,

The soundtrack and narration was amazing, too.

Bonerbill

Augur
Honestly, I would like to see what they can do with this. Icewind Dale is one of my favorite games of all time, and I welcome new content.

Just no gay companions like the ones in BG:EE please.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The OP is missing this bit of info, which I think is rather important:

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition has entered beta and will release "when it's ready" to ensure the best experience for players, likely within a month.

Beamdog is the new Valve.

Jezal_k23

This seems like a good time to ask: how good are the enhanced editions of BG and BG2? Excellent? Pretty good? Good? Decent? Average? Bad? Disgraceful? Steaming piles of shit?

I've been thinking of replaying BG and BG2, and I want to know if these enhanced editions are worth my money. I've been skeptical of this stuff ever since AOE2 HD ran like shit on my PC. But sure, different devs. So what do you guys think?

roshan

Arcane
Aren't these guys just ripping off DavidW's Icewind Dale Tutu? Those bastards better be giving him his share of the profits....

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This seems like a good time to ask: how good are the enhanced editions of BG and BG2? Excellent? Pretty good? Good? Decent? Average? Bad? Disgraceful? Steaming piles of shit?

I've been thinking of replaying BG and BG2, and I want to know if these enhanced editions are worth my money. I've been skeptical of this stuff ever since AOE2 HD ran like shit on my PC. But sure, different devs. So what do you guys think?

My answer to you is: Regardless of whether they're good or not, wait for 75% off.

roshan

Arcane

Theoretically the enhanced editions are better due to usability features such as easier use of custom portraits, zooming in, showing roll totals - as long as you avoid using the new NPCs. But the problem is that they are really buggy whereas if you use the vanilla versions with the fixpacks it is a basically 100% bugfree experience.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
[*]31 new class and kit combinations from Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, well as the half-orc playable race

And that was also already possible with this conversion:
http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=25597

I wonder if Trent Oster and his team has access to the source code of IWD?
If so I assume it would be better (as in more stable and bug free) than a "hack" job by someone with not access to the code.

roshan

Arcane

And that was also already possible with this conversion:
http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=25597

I wonder if Trent Oster and his team has access to the source code of IWD?
If so I assume it would be better (as in more stable and bug free) than a "hack" job by someone with not access to the code.

It doesn't look like they are using the IWD engine, seems like they are just porting the content to the BG2 EE engine.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Just after I spend $20 on the Gothic series a few hours ago.. fuck you trent oster. Also is it just me or is there a lot of competition for Wasteland 2 now?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom