Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Beamdog's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions

mkultra

Augur
BG2:EE has over 30 new locations, new NPC's too + the new loot function is something i probably couldnt play without now.. if the game was full price or you're a real cheap ass that can't afford $20 or whatever, then sure, you can mod the game, though not sure that would give you proper WS, probably not..

mkultra

Augur
quick! BG 2 EE is 75% off on Steam, is it worth a buy?

Absolutely. The widescreen

not sure if stupid or just stupid

Most people uses widescreen nowadays, it's one of the listed features. So no need to hassle with mods to make it WS or change to higher resolution. You're the one who's stupid..
You can mod the game to widescreen, and you don't get a shitty blurred graphics that way. Also LOL for zoom, why the fuck do you need that in BG? To zoom in and have even more blurred image?

It's not proper WS with the mod though, it's stretched out. They've done engine tweaks to create proper WS support (just read up about it).

Looks fine to me, better than the original.. Zoom is handy sometimes because it's sometimes hard to make things out in combat, can't say i use it much but a few times :) The best new feature is the new loot function and proper WS..

Shadenuat

Arcane
You don't need shitty zoom or engine tweaks, you need Spell Revisions, Stratagems, D&D level progression tables done right, DungeonBeGone, ImoenRomance, all that goodness.

BG2:EE has over 30 new locations
That's what pirates wrote on russian CDs in the 90's while pushing cheap shitty mods as new content for games

new NPC's
Modders will give you a 100

The best new feature is the new loot function
What does it do exactly?

...who's gonna review it?

mkultra

Augur
You don't need shitty zoom or engine tweaks, you need Spell Revisions, Stratagems, D&D level progression tables done right, DungeonBeGone, ImoenRomance, all that goodness.

BG2:EE has over 30 new locations
That's what pirates wrote on russian CDs in the 90's while pushing cheap shitty mods as new content for games

new NPC's
Modders will give you a 100

BG:EE support most mods.. more areas to explore is good in my book, couldnt care less what russians said about it in the 90's, lol.

Proper WS is not "shitty"..

new loot function lets you see all loot in a specific area, on screen directly.. no need to open up every body. Much less boring clicking..

Spockrock

Augur
oh, GOG has BG 2 at a discount as well, with Throne of Bhaal included - 5 bucks. I hated looting in BG 2 back in 2000, but maybe there are mods that trivialize that shit in the original?

Shadenuat

Arcane
more areas to explore is good in my book, couldnt care less what russians said about it in the 90's, lol.
Well the new locations in BGEE were blurry, dull and uninteresting, so I don't see why would anyone want more of gibberlings in the arena.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Do not buy simply because they still haven't fixed the zoom level resetting upon every area load.

Unfathomable why you would want to play a game at below source res of 2D art assets.

mkultra

Augur
Hates looting in a Baldur's Gate game, buys looting mod for 20 USD.

try 4 euro.. and yeah, even if it was $20 i would have thought it was worth it for the WS, loot function, new locations + no messing around with mods to fix resolution.. who the hell enjoys clicking on 20 dead bodies in a row anyways, lol.. you're such cheap asses, you're probably in your 40's living in your parents basement + no income :p

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's not proper WS with the mod though, it's stretched out.
No, the mod is not stretched. Do you even know what you are talking about? It is the same widescreen as the EE. The only adventage of the EE is that the GUI is better, but even that can be solved with some mods.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane

Most people uses widescreen nowadays, it's one of the listed features. So no need to hassle with mods to make it WS or change to higher resolution. You're the one who's stupid..
Applying a widescreen mod is about as much "hassle" as going through the additional unnecessary menu they added in BG2 EE. When you add in all the bugs (that they will never fix)... Yeah. Then again, you're just another dumb troll so meh.

Spockrock

Augur
they introduced new bugs? do tell. how serious are they, will it mess my game up potentially?

mkultra

Augur

Applying a widescreen mod is about as much "hassle" as going through the additional unnecessary menu they added in BG2 EE. When you add in all the bugs (that they will never fix)... Yeah. Then again, you're just another dumb troll so meh.

Applying the UI mods and ""WS"" Mod was much more of a hassle than to install BG:EE on Steam + tweak packs and a few other mods. lol @ troll argument when you're own arguments are so shitty that its the only thing you can say, never seen that one before :)
havent experienced a single bug so far (50h in).. like bioware fixed all BG or BG2 bugs? lol, that's a good one.. there's not a single game in history of computer games with 0 bugs, so to think EE edition would have 0 bugs is retarded.. the only thing to care about with bugs is how serious they are, and there arent any that i've encountered.

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
How meta for a plant to name itself after an alleged CIA mind control operation.

imweasel

BG2 EE ist No. 1 on Steam ATM.

Bought the EE from Russia Steam for €2,50. I mean, why not, it can't be that shitty.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I guess I'm a retard for preferring to play the game in original 800x640 in 4:3. I think the viewport is perfectly sized, and I actually preferred the upsized sprites (it's 2d art!).

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I guess I'm a retard for preferring to play the game in original 800x640 in 4:3. I think the viewport is perfectly sized, and I actually preferred the upsized sprites (it's 2d art!).
Yeah, even with widescreen patch I let it upscale a bit

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom