Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Beamdog's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
jdinatale I can't imagine why you posted that in the Pillars of Eternity thread. :M

It could just be a countdown to the release of the Android version.

deuxhero

Arcane
Temple of Elemental Evil: Enhanced Edition

I'd actually buy it if they bothered to fix the major engine bugs Co8 can't get, but I doubt they would

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Yawn, shitty company nobody cares about pretending to be important with countdowns and mystery!

OH WOW, what could it be? IS IT BGEEEEE OR IWDIEIEIEIEEEE??? OR PLANEEEESCAPEEE TORMENTEEEE??? I need to know because this company is a very important company with great and talented people and whatever they do is bound to be a masterpiece so I'll start threads all over the internet about their countdown and ask people WHAT COULD IT BE MAN I CANT WAIT TO KNOW PLZ TRENT OYSTER TELL MEEEEE
I don't know why you're so surprised we like to watch trainwrecks.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
The existence of the GoG versions makes this whole fiasco completely, stupidly unnecessary.

agris

Arcane
Patron
The real shame is that while they've updated the engine to do a lot of things natively that ToB hacks, well, hacked and fixed a lot of opcodes and other problems, the enhancing process has rendered most mods broken until their authors update them. Which, for most mods, will never happen. Still no level1npcs for christ's sake!

I also heard that there's a mod removing the new NPCs and their associated content, anyone confirm?

aleph

Arcane
I also heard that there's a mod removing the new NPCs and their associated content, anyone confirm?

What would be the point of that? Just use the GoG edition, maybe with the tweakpack.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Not a lot, but like my last post said there are a host of opcodes and engine bugs that are fixed, in addition to new externalized (non-hardcoded) rules that enable EE only tweaks like all-race dual-classing. I also like the hybrid high resolution UI where inventory / journal / spellbook isn't covering the entire screen.

nikolokolus

Arcane
They really should have played a recording of a loud, wet, fart when that countdown ended.

Android version eh? Wow! Amazeballs.

agris

Arcane
Patron
the sound of a flacid dick hitting an old, sad piece of wet cardboard

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Now what's the point of having a countdown timer, if they're going to spoil it early anyway?

Melcar

Arcane
How are the IE games even playable on a Galaxy S2 or something like that, the screen is way too small for the amount of displayed stuff and the texts. Also, aren't these games supposed to demand at least some amount of focus and time? Would you play Baldur's Gate on a fucking bank queue? And if you're in a "better positioned" and confortable place for a long session, wouldn't it be better to just play the normal game in a desktop or laptop? I don't get it.
Because smart phone games are all the rage now. Who cares if it's not playable. As long as you buy it.

Tigranes

Arcane
I would pay for BG on Android, to play on a 7 or 10 inch tablet on the plane or train.

The real BG, I mean, not this shit.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
So the micro-transactions you can pay for on android are the 3 new characters (which they said was going to be the case a long time ago for some reason), new portraits and new voice acting.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
How are the IE games even playable on a Galaxy S2 or something like that, the screen is way too small for the amount of displayed stuff and the texts. Also, aren't these games supposed to demand at least some amount of focus and time? Would you play Baldur's Gate on a fucking bank queue? And if you're in a "better positioned" and confortable place for a long session, wouldn't it be better to just play the normal game in a desktop or laptop? I don't get it.
As if people actually played the games they bought.

Tytus

Arcane

Games nowadays became the new books. People often bought books so they can look good on their shelfs, now they buy games so they can look good in their steam library. The only advantage steam has is that is shows hour played and you can tell if someone just bought games to have to them, not play them. (Or they're playing pirated version of it). I wish books had the same feature. You are in someone's house look at the cover and the screen says - this book has never been read.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer

Games nowadays became the new books. People often bought books so they can look good on their shelfs, now they buy games so they can look good in their steam library. The only advantage steam has is that is shows hour played and you can tell if someone just bought games to have to them, not play them. (Or they're playing pirated version of it). I wish books had the same feature. You are in someone's house look at the cover and the screen says - this book has never been read.
I'm not sure people buy games to fill out a virtual library. It's probably more a factor of impulse control + low prices than anything else. You wouldn't buy books to fill out a shelf if they cost $50-60 a pop.

Tytus

Arcane

I'm not sure people buy games to fill out a virtual library. It's probably more a factor of impulse control + low prices than anything else. You wouldn't buy books to fill out a shelf if they cost $50-60 a pop.

I'm sure this is a part of it. But lately people I know started bragging about how many games they own and shit like that. And I'm starting to seeing it a lot more on the internet. It's like the "game reviewers" at first displayed their physical collections and now I saw vidoes showcasing the steam library. A video about, I own over a 1000 games on steam look at it. And it kinda annoys me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom