Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Beamdog's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions

aVENGER

Arcane
Developer
Beamdog should have finished gemrb. Then I'd have respect for them.

The creator of GemRB (and DLTCEP) is now working for Beamdog.

As you may know, IWD:EE is already available for Linux via GoG and Steam. BG:EE and BGII:EE will follow soon.

Perkel

Arcane
It means that just like with their Enhanced Editions, you moron, there is nothing original to add. All of their "original additions" make the game worse (blur filter, cliche companions, shitty areas like the Pits) and all of their improvements are just stolen directly from the modders. Yet there are morons like you and Xeon who want to keep giving them money:
Yea, One of the questions was about something similar to BGT where it shows a little cut scenes of Mae'var I think ambushing you and taking you to Irenicus to start as a transition or something. They will probably connect the 2 kinda similar. That will be kinda cool. I hope its good. Pretty good IAMA.
OH HO, it'll be so COOL! Except it's already been done and once more they are stealing stuff from modders. But sure, keep handing your money over to these hacks.

Because they definitely improved Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale! Can't wait for their "vision" of BG3 with 5th edition D&D rules aimed at tablets. That's the kind of banal shit you idiots are funding.

SaltMountain_20130616.jpg

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I kinda don't understand why they want to call it BG3 if it doesn't have any relation to the prequels. Even BG2 kinda doesn't make sense since Baldur's Gate kinda have nothing to do in BG2, you never visit it as far I can tell so why not call it Athkatla or based on the PC or something. Now even with BG3 the PC of BG1 and BG2 will probably won't have anything to do with it.

I think the idea behind the BG2 title, aside from what Abelian wrote about brand recognition, was to tie it to the first game whilst expanding the game to new, unexplored areas, hence Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn, and Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal.

And here's another vote for an original story, and even an original or under-used/unused setting (I would really like a Dark Sun game). If Beamdog need marketing power they could always say from the people who brought you BGEE, BG2EE and IWDEE, an all-new exciting adventure...

Last edited:

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Well, there's at least one proper improvement :smug:

In addition, losing spell slots no longer clears the selections for those spells, meaning that when you recover from Level Drain, all it takes is a single Rest and your spellcaster will be back in business.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Yes, (one of) the same thing TobEx did in BG trilogy before this (single game) abomination was published.

How useful

Xeon

Augur
The improved pathfinding is probably the best new feature? of the new patch, aside from the bug fixing.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Yes, (one of) the same thing TobEx did in BG trilogy before this (single game) abomination was published.

How useful

Is this feature anywhere else? I never tried BGT, but I did have loads of other mods and fixes, and I don't remember having any fix for the level drain annoyance.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Maybe it was a gemrb feature actually, i checked the tobex source and there doesn't seem to be a option in the settings ini for it.

Xeon

Augur
Is it possible its from the SCS mod? The running bears (another feature they are adding) I think is from the SCS mod.

Greatness

Cipher
Hopefully that means the game remembers that I killed all of them and won't bother having them show up in SoA/ToB. :incline:

dukeofwhales

Cipher
It probably is among the best iOS games from the last year. That or SR: DF or XCOM: Enemy Within. Mobile games are almost always rubbish so there's not a lot to compete with.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Anything that is copied from the PC is already in the 99.99% echelon. Was bg2ee an improvement over bg1ee? They were quite a mess first time around.

waywardOne

Arcane
I am returned, and thought this -- my favorite thread -- was the place to announce it.

My apologies to SuicideBunny. My rage tripped my logic circuits. I banned myself for 1.5 years in your honor.

Hello Grunker & SCO et al.

Also, fuck Beamdog. BG3 is now the transition from BG to BG2. IESDP will never be updated. ToBEx will never be finalized.

It's turning out exactly like I predicted.

Last edited:

Xeon

Augur
Which one is better, A Human Cleric turned into Berserker or a Half-Elf multi classed Ranger/Cleric? Can you achieve grand mastery if you dual class?

agris

Arcane
Patron
Which one is better, A Human Cleric turned into Berserker or a Half-Elf multi classed Ranger/Cleric? Can you achieve grand mastery if you dual class?
Cleric dual-classed to Ranger.
Except for IWD, in which case you're better off with a figher/cleric.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom