Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beamdog's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Xzar, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Lagole Gon Arcane

Lagole Gon
    ^ Top  
  2. deuxhero Prophet

deuxhero
    [​IMG]
    You have earn my wrath.
    ^ Top  
  3. WetWorks Arcane

WetWorks
    Project: Eternity
    So, most recent post on Osters blog is mmo related.

Baldurs Gate mmorpg?

Edit: Looking at that guys current projects, a hd edition seems much more likely.
    ^ Top  
  4. Linkamus Educated

Linkamus
    God I hope not... The Baldur's Gate's name sullied by another crappy WoW clone.
    ^ Top  
  5. Quetzacoatl Liturgist

Quetzacoatl
    Would make more sense for it to be called a forgotten realms mmo than baldurs gate.
    ^ Top  
  6. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator Patron

Jaesun
    MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
    I have not ready anything specifically stating or hinting at WotC/HASBRO signing with EA to make any D&D games. Also the word copyright of "Baldur's Gate" (and any video game using that name) is still currently owned by BioWare according to the US Copyright website.
    ^ Top  
  7. Quetzacoatl Liturgist

Quetzacoatl
    Proof? Source?
    ^ Top  
  8. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Torment: Tides of Numenera
    I don't know why there's so much hope here to begin with. Why would anyone have *any* hope of a BG3 or something like that? Much more likely is a new D&D game that is inspired by similar styles. If someone is building hype directly through the BG franchise, and they're especially a small new developer, it's almost certainly going to be some form of mobile / whatever port / update.

The thing is, mods have done such a great job that there's very little they can add, perhaps besides an easy to use mobile interface. BG is great to play as it is, go make some more games like it.
    ^ Top  
  9. Marobug Newbie

Marobug
    If it turns out to be a iphone or a facebook game, I'll bomb the studio myself.
    ^ Top  
  10. Linkamus Educated

Linkamus
    Mmm.. I'm pretty sure those are Bhaalspawn.. And yes there were definitely 100's if not 1000's of bhaalspawn.
    ^ Top  
  11. Marti Novice

Marti
    GemRB is a portable open-source implementation of Bioware's Infinity Engine. Runs the Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Planescape: Torment games on Windows, OS X, Linux, BSD, Android, iOS and more.
    http://www.gemrb.org/wiki/doku.php?id=start
    Kz3r0 Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  12. CappenVarra Phantasmist

CappenVarra
    Codex 2012 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Of course they were Bhaalspawn. curry is talking out of his ass, news at 11. :roll:
    ^ Top  
  13. curry Augur

curry
    Well, that's just like, your opinion, man.
    ^ Top  
  14. Lagole Gon Arcane

Lagole Gon
    There's even a chinchilla bhaalspawn in ToB. It's pretty obvious there was a shitload of them.
    ^ Top  
  15. Shannow Waster of Time

Shannow
    Of course the statues were bhaalspawn. Every time the player died, he couldn't be resurrected and you saw his statue break. At the end you saw just how many bhaalspawn there were. Of course this was before Imoen was retconned into your sister, so non-resurrectable bhaalspawn was coherent within BG1.
    Curry, you're a moron.

Argh, I tried to not make this shitty thread about some shitty HD remake any longer, but I couldn't watch the stupidity go on either.
    Curry, you're a moron.

And anyone who continues bloating this shitty hype-thread with inane posts is a giant faggot.
    DwarvenFood Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  16. Linkamus Educated

Linkamus
    New "clues":

<!-- "She left me to die. YOU left me to die. But Shar... Shar wanted me to live." -->
    <!-- "If you wish me dead, brother, it must be by your hand. No one else." -->
    ^ Top  
  17. Oesophagus Arcane

Oesophagus
    Oster's trollin'
    ^ Top  
  18. Stabwound Magister

Stabwound
    It would be funny if he really was just trolling, building recognition for himself.
    ^ Top  
  19. Oesophagus Arcane

Oesophagus

Maybe they'll finally say wtf is going on

Hmmm. Can't imagine they want to use new DnD rules
    ^ Top  
  20. Alex Arcane

Alex
    Well I for one hope that whatever they do, they support the most current version of (A)D&D..
    ^ Top  
  21. hoopy Savant

hoopy
    He reminds me of this blogger who was always writing about jetsetting around the world and dazzling all the ladies in his custom tailored suit while drinking expensive wine in all the best VIP lounges. In other words, some fucking basement dweller living the dream inside his own head.
    RK47 Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  22. MMXI Prestigious Gentleman Prophet

MMXI
    I do that. It's the only way I can get to sleep at night.
    RK47 Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  23. waywardOne Augur

waywardOne
    My modem's been fucked but I am compelled to reply despite the lack of topic importance and huge delay.

That block was just mage-specific targeting, and if that block comes before generic targeting blocks then the kobold will attack mages first. It's also kindergarten-level targeting, which further disputes Oster's claims and makes his involvement in any kind of BG revival a bad thing since he quite obviously is talking out of his ass.
    ^ Top  
  24. Hegel Savant

Hegel
    I don't know about that, but kobolds seemed to shift their attack pattern in relation to the party HP.
    ^ Top  
  25. Hobbit Lord of Mordor_ Dumbfuck! Patron Dumbfuck

Hobbit Lord of Mordor_
    Codex 2012
    Something I always wanted to know - who is Baldur and what's special about his gate?
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)