Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Pre-Release Thread

agris

Arcane
Patron
It would be a happy side-effect if this release causes the BGT community to incorporate the EEs.

zero29

Arbiter
already in the works, it's called EET. from the readme:

EET merges both games into one continuous journey without the disconnect of having to start up another game just to continue the story of your character. Having a single game improves the player's immersion. The planned inclusion of "Adventure Y" should improve the experience even further.

according to k4thos (author of EET) it still might take some time until it's ready to be released as a proper beta version Link

agris

Arcane
Patron
Thanks zero29, I was looking in the SHS forums.

edit: do you know K4thos's work? What I'm getting at is: is this essentially vapourware? After the BGT: EE thread on SHS, I'm feeling cynical about a release.

zero29

Arbiter
no idea really. i usually get my infos about bg mods from the kerzenburg forums. the modder white agnus made a thread there to get a german translation for EET on its way, so i guess that there has to be at least some kind of progress. all in all EET seems to be handled like an open secret everywhere, make of that what you want ;)

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I wonder if Beamdog can produce their RPG on the level of PoE.

agris

Arcane
Patron
But their writing is apparently produced by a 7th grader on a Nutella crash.

Tigranes

Arcane
I'm so glad that now I can play POE instead of pretending to give even a shred of care about this crap.

If only the modders they hired would leave and make something cool.

Xeon

Augur
Saw a post by a dev about Adventure Y I assume.

PhillipDaigle said:
We are actually close to the end of production.

As I mentioned before, I'm going to be busy with voice actors in the near future and we don't commit to VO until we have a script and gameplay we're happy with.

ArchAngel

Arcane

waywardOne

Arcane
If only the modders they hired would leave and make something cool.

Unlikely. The modders working with them made their best stuff prior to joining, brave aVENGER's Rogue Rebalancing among them. They're not even active enough in the modding community, since any work they do now is owned by Beamdog. That's why so many awesome mods just stopped dead 2 years ago, right at the time they started paying off modders like Erephine.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
By the way, we might have a name:

the official name is so far unknown and will probably stay that way until the official announcement, but Trent Oster's registration of the siegeofdragonspear.com domain makes it a reasonable guess that the name will be "Siege of Dragonspear", something similar, or at the very least something to do with Dragonspear Castle.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I wonder how many months and patches after release they will need this time before it is playable..

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
By the way, we might have a name:

the official name is so far unknown and will probably stay that way until the official announcement, but Trent Oster's registration of the siegeofdragonspear.com domain makes it a reasonable guess that the name will be "Siege of Dragonspear", something similar, or at the very least something to do with Dragonspear Castle.

Source

ArchAngel

Arcane
Do they plan to sell this as a stand alone game?
And how many hours do they expect this game to have since we know they cannot overlevel the characters for BG2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom