Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beamdog working on a new D&D CRPG (cancelled)

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I'm not sure if this was mentioned or teased before, but Beamdog is hiring a Narrative Designer for "an upcoming (and currently unannounced) CRPG in the Dungeons & Dragons universe": https://www.beamdog.com/jobs/6

Ever considered taking your love of roleplaying games to the next level and actually becoming part of their creation? Do you dream about constructing epic quests for the players of your tabletop game? Would the idea of being part of the future of Dungeons & Dragons on computers appeal to you? Beamdog, the game developers behind Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition—as well as the newly released Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear—are looking for a Narrative Designer to join their creative team.

RESPONSIBILITIES

The Narrative Designer will be responsible for working with the rest of the Beamdog creative team to craft an upcoming (and currently unannounced) CRPG in the Dungeons & Dragons universe. This means coming up with unique and exciting quest designs, creating brand new characters the fans will love, and being responsible for their writing and dialogue through the entire iterative and editing process all the way to release.

Courtier

Prophet
r5scHw8.png

Mustawd

Wow....I'm more interested in the Director of Intellectual Property and Licensing position that will inevitably free up at WOTC in the next year or so...

Latro

Arcane
I'm gonna apply, can a resident expert explain to me how I can train myself to properly qualify for a narrative design job

plz specify skill sets

when I work at beamdog I'll add winks to codex and dumb shit

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
Edmonton...what a shithole. Enjoy working in arctic weather for 11 months per year. Fuck beamdog.

Courtier

Prophet
how I can train myself to properly qualify for a narrative design job
Step 0: Wear horn-rimmed glasses and snazzy hat
Step 1: Get mad skills writing railroaded pathfinder modules where every NPC is a tranny
Step 2: Call out old ''classics'' like Baldur's Gate for the misogynistic tripe they are, you can do much better
Step ⚨: What did you just say to me you fucking cis scum? *ding dong bannu* *review deleted* All criticism is hate speech and thoughtcrime
Step C: I'M BEING ATTACKED BY GOOBERGATE NEO-NAZIS LITERALLY RAPE CALL IN THE TWITTER TROOPS ANITA HELP
Step ???: H-hey this is beamdogg brent swole pls buy our game we are being review bombed by evil bigots

gg ur now beamdog king

Dikirim saka G3502T SM- sandi nggunakake Tapatalk

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
I'm not sure if this was mentioned or teased before, but Beamdog is hiring a Narrative Designer for "an upcoming (and currently unannounced) CRPG in the Dungeons & Dragons universe
D&D is a Universe now? I always thought it was a ruleset template for fantasy settings.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Based on the additions to the EE games they really need a Narrative Designer. So this is good news that they're looking Oh, and an art director! They need that

Dux

Arcane
Maybe this is what they should've done from the get-go - D&D or not. Create their own shit, earn a rep, and THEN dip their penises and dildos in the waters of other IPs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom