Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Beamdog announce Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, with Chris Avellone onboard

DeepOcean

Arcane
It's funny how people ten to downplay his involvement. It's obvious that MCA's name on the box (figuratively speaking) sells more copies, but why exactly can't I get excited that one of the best cRPG writers is somehow involved with a new Baldur's Gate title?
Dude, Avellone is just a writer not Jesus. The miracle of turning horseshit on gold is way out of his reach.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Chris' feedback was taken very seriously.

For reference, he wasn't only provided with a build of the game. He also had access to all relevant design documents.

So the million dollar question... *Is* he designing any part of the game at all?

He provided feedback on the design and a game build, which was taken very seriously. Can you even read?

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
Apparently, I *can even* read. That line only means he provided *feedback* not that he actually designed something. The difference, my friend, is patting someone on the back for a job well done and doing the job yourself.

Lhynn

Arcane
Thread title should be changed to "Chris Avellone developing the next IE game".

Zeriel

Arcane
Apparently, I *can even* read. That line only means he provided *feedback* not that he actually designed something.

20 full pages of it, according to the twitch video.

The funny thing is that by that measure, Vince could market Age of Decadence as "involving Chris Avellone!". I mean, Chris Avellone once played through the game and gave (lengthy) feedback that Vince posted on the forums. It's the exact same thing as this. I guess he wasn't paid for it, which is all the difference apparently.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The funny thing is that by that measure, Vince could market Age of Decadence as "involving Chris Avellone!". I mean, Chris Avellone once played through the game and gave (lengthy) feedback that Vince posted on the forums. It's the exact same thing as this. I guess he wasn't paid for it, which is all the difference apparently.

For reference, he wasn't only provided with a build of the game. He also had access to all relevant design documents.

Zeriel

Arcane

So did Chris in the case of Age of Decadence, since the "design documents" are 10-year-old posts on the rpgcodex forums. :M

Athelas

Arcane
'Will critique your RPG for food' is presumably how Avellone stays afloat now that he's out of a job.

Azarkon

Arcane
Was MCA's feedback of the form 'I love this section, it reminds me of ...' and 'this section is dumb because ...'? Because that's the sort of feedback he gave to Age of Decadence and while it is useful Q&A work, in no way does it make me believe the game is going to be well-written. MCA telling you your writing sucks doesn't improve it, it just makes you aware of it sucking.

But then again, I've lost a lot of faith in the project simply because it is an interquel, with all the issues thereof. It's the equivalent of being crushed from two directions - you have so little room to maneuver.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
CJ0jqIEUcAE_yyS.jpg

coI7gk8.png

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I mean, Chris Avellone once played through the game and gave (lengthy) feedback that Vince posted on the forums.

Are we positive he didn't just have an intern play it and write down what the experience was like which he then put into his own words because have you seen his Arcanum LP

Malpercio

Arcane
So this will be like one of the many fanfiction-mods available for BG2, only official?

Malpercio

Arcane
Arcanum LP clearly shows that Chris cannot be trusted.

Seriously, are we going to grudge someone for not finishing Arcanum? With that battle system and inventory system?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom