Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Beamdog announce Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, with Chris Avellone onboard

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Well, Beamdog did make IWD:EE so I dunno why they couldn't just license 'em. I imagine whatever price Feargus would set would be cheaper than making them themselves otherwise what's the point?

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I didn't realize it was from IWD2, obviously. I never liked IWD2, played it once ages ago and then forgot all about it. I'm not surprised IWD2 got something wrong, though.
As you can see from that pic, you misunderstood what I was saying ^_^ I meant why didn't they just take the asset from IWD2 instead of making their own bad one.
Hm isn't that the IWD2 drider in the pic? The leg joints/hair looks the same at least

Tigranes

Arcane
the environments are pretty impressive.
Considering that they're just 2d background images and that they look exactly like something from 15 years ago, they're only impressive in one particular way... I'm impressed by beandong's shamelessness.

All I want from them is a new IE game that is an exact copypasta of the old IE games, and then with a few interesting mechanical improvements thrown in. Given how everything they've done so far is 50% "whatever mods have done it" 30% "OMG why the fuck would you do this it looks terrible" 20% "OK that's an improvement".... given that, I'm pretty happy if their environments are a good copypasta.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Somehow I managed to forget that D&D has a monster that's half Drow and half Spider, and that it's called "Drider". Maybe Obsidian had the right idea after all.

Methinks Avellone has abandoned direct development in favor of being attached in miniscule capacity to every vaguely RPG-like game to be released in the next several decades...

I didn't bother with the EEs at all, beyond criticizing the idea of them, and probably won't be bothered to mess with this unless I hear stellar praise upon release. It might have once been a reluctant purchase a few years back (there are games I look forward to and genuinely like, and those which are entertaining/distracting enough to obfuscate the hollow misery of my failure at life), but my backlog is chock-full of far more enticing options at the moment, and I doubt I'll have cleared enough of it to justify the purchase.

m_s0

Arcane
I'd also prefer a stand-alone adventure, but marketing something as "Baldur's Gate sequel" probably sells more.
Don't forget it's a chance to sell more copies of the 'E'E. Why would they make it stand-alone?

Comte

Wow a new expansion for Baldurs Gate

ibvtVHwkrz7aQ5.jpg

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Terrible news. Do something worthwhile, MCA! We love you for a reason!

My God, what kind of idiot actually played this "defiled edition"?

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Given the surge in bad taste that permeates this forum, I'm actually looking forward to it, with caution obviously. Don't worry, popamolers, Fallout 4 or whatever shit AAA action RPG for consoles that you play is right around the corner.

Mass Effect: Andromeda.

However, I'm a big enough fan of this type of game that I'll at least consider it.

Hm, actually, I think I feel the stirrings of a memory. I think I actually bought this (BG:EE) ... somewhere.

But its not on my Steam account or GOG.

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Now someone needs to licence the old Fallout engine and make a good post apo game.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
I wonder if they can pull off another forgotten realms game. Keep the sprites and improve their variety. Make a whole new game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom