Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Beamdog announce Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, with Chris Avellone onboard

Tigranes

Arcane
and must rely on not crit-failing the molotov throws to avoid being killed in the first 2 turns.
That's easy, the stat check happens only if you target an enemy, throw the molotov/grenade on an empty square in the proximity of your enemies and you have only to fear to be in the area of effect of the explosion

Really? I suspected that for a while, but in that case why do I sometimes target the ground and the cocktail still ends up dropped at my feet or sailing into the stratosphere?

Thane Solus

Arcane
so let me get this straight, after a few HD remakes by these guys, they are incapable of making their own crpg, so they continue to milk BG?

also wtf MCA? I wasnt a big fan of Obsidian anyway, and fuck FNV. PoE is good for what it is tho, even tho the story and the characters are kinda bland, its a good game for me i still play it.

Those health bars are Enhanced? HD?

:))))

Kz3r0

Arcane
Really? I suspected that for a while, but in that case why do I sometimes target the ground and the cocktail still ends up dropped at my feet or sailing into the stratosphere?
Because aiming for tiles is tricking, in my experience the molotov ends to your feet because something impedes the path, long throws instead happens because of imperfect aiming I think.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Seriously, are we going to grudge someone for not finishing Arcanum Planescape: Torment? With that battle system and inventory system?

I love how he doesn't hooverhand.

in other words you love that he's not a retard

Hey what's wrong with PST inventory and battle system? I see no fundamental differences from BG series.

Also, while I love Arcanum, I wasn't able finish it even single time from 3 playtrough.
The key problem was that my technologist wasn't able to overcome battle in arena on some isle.
Never. Ever.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Yep. Is it something bad?
I just have a lack of interest in generic magic, if there are such beautiful tech-system like that in Arcanum.
To be honest I have Arcanum installed right now, with a playtrough that stand still somewhere near the point of that isle 1.5 years ago.
So, any tips how to overcome that damned arena fight are welcome (but perhaps in more ppropriate place). I still want to complete game after 15 years. ))

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I don't know what arena is that. Is it even necessary to continue? Surely there must be a way to do it regardless, even if it involves grinding XP.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
My technologist was able to overcome everything by hitting things with technologically advanced ballanced sword and pyrotechnic axe.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
No, it isn't a nessesary thing to continue game of cource. But that's what I really want to complete.
My technologist sadly specialized in fancy fire-electromagnetic-whatever-arms. ))
I just cant beat the first or second orc on Arena.
Not sure, but isn't it Isle of Despire?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
No, it's not like that.
I like ranged weapon in Arcanum (tech-weapon), and in arena there is very strong dude that didn't die after 2-3 tesla rifle hits, and kill my specially designed char in couple of hits. Char is weak because of walkthrough sequence I suspect designed wrong - he havntt altar bonuses, and apparently he had to visit the Island of Despair before he get them.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
All Enhanced Editions were shit. This will be shit. It will sell on Steam like hot cakes thanks to retards. It'll ruin any little challenge there is in BG2 because you're going to be so over-levelled that it isn't funny. Can't wait to experience the same BG1-2 art assets again with the shitty blur filter!

Deleted member 7219

I will pay attention to Siege of Dragonspear only because of MCA's involvement.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
All Enhanced Editions were shit. This will be shit. It will sell on Steam like hot cakes thanks to retards. It'll ruin any little challenge there is in BG2 because you're going to be so over-levelled that it isn't funny. Can't wait to experience the same BG1-2 art assets again with the shitty blur filter!
I haven't played any of the EEs but didn't people around here think the Icewind Dale EE was alright?

Last edited:

Inspectah

Savant
I personally enjoyed Icewind Dale EE, and that's coming from a guy whose most fond memories of gaming are of making a party of heroes named after friends and exploring the dale when the original came out.
That said, I felt that the higher resolution takes away some of the "wow" of the game, everything is just so small. Like fighting the verbeeg didn't feel so epic, since they looked like ants, and zooming made things look kinda blurry

Rake

Arcane
I will pay attention to Siege of Dragonspear only because of MCA's involvement.
MCA involvement is less than his involvement in PoE, and we know how that ended. I will pay attention to siege of dragonspear because: it will be Infinity Engine, it will be BG2's adaptation to AD&D-no alternations (in this case the fact that Beamdog has zero ambitions and are content to copy better games and call it a day is a positive, trying to improve on 15 year old game works only if you have the skill to pull it of)

Namutree

Savant
An infinity engine game is hard to screw up. I'm sure it will at least be decent.

roshan

Arcane
Oh come on... Beamdog is nowhere the level of sheer ineptitude displayed by Sjwyer and Obshitian. NWN2 and POE are some of the biggest pieces of shit I have had the misfortune of playing.

Currently playing BG1EE and it's just fine. The graphics look crisp, the interface has lots of useful new features such as roll totals, saving and loading is instant. You don't have the ridiculous hordes of mixed up trash mobs found in Tutu and Trilogy. It's easy to get started, and adapted well to modern displays. Granted, Beamdog isn't really that proficient at what they do. Ridiculously slow patch rates, no Ascension yet for BG2EE, still fucked up spawns for BG1EE, no character arbitration in IWDEE, these are some of the issues I have with their products, but overall I can't argue that they're not enhanced experiences compared to the originals.

EDIT: On second thought, fuck those bastards, it's been two years, Ascension should have been released a long fucking time ago.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom