Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beamdog and Fallout remake (no, they're not making one)

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I do believe that a lot of Fallout fans would gladly play multiplayer version of Fallout on PC
Just like there's better enhanced edition of both Baldur's Gate games (done for free and better than pissbeamdogs company) there is already multiplayer version of Fallout, so called FOnline.
Also free and better (even though BD didn't made anything we can be sure quality will be subpar at best).
Only good thing from BD Fallout could be modding tools but it's about 15 years too late.
Even english translation of already released mods (Fallout Nevada, Olympus etc.) can't be done, let's say mods alone.

valcik

Arcane
Compared to the IE games, the modding-curious fan base of the original fallouts aren't as technically competent.
WTF man
Team X turned Fallout inside out, ripping off the last fucking byte out of it. There's still complete documentation and shitloads of their own handcrafted tools on their archived site. The only difference is that they don't give a flying fuck about retared SJW bullshit, so there's not much talk on twitter, tumblr, FB, or whatever gizmo kids are using today.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Fuck off with Fallout mods. They're shoddy as shit. Killap's Restoration mod made me lose 2 gigantic saves. You get a weird CTD halfway through your playthrough that you cannot circumvent. I've uninstalled, re-installed, and checked what the hell went wrong. Just shoddy shit. That was back in 2008/2009, though, but fuck going through that again.

My best run was just using the HD patch. All that's needed, really.

valcik

Arcane
What other mods have you tried? Any TC mod? You know jack shit about Fallout mods unless you've played any of those, dude.

That was back in 2008/2009, though, but fuck going through that again.
That was one of killap's first attempts, version 1.2 (2008) most likely? Version 2.3.3 released a couple of months back cannot be compared to this, that's another six years of his work you're overlooking here. I've played it many times 'til start to end without single crash, suit yourself though.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
What other mods have you tried? Any TC mod? You know jack shit about Fallout mods unless you've played any of those, dude.

That was back in 2008/2009, though, but fuck going through that again.
That was one of killap's first attempts, version 1.2 (2008) most likely? Version 2.3.3 released a couple of months back cannot be compared to this, that's another six years of his work you're overlooking here. I've played it many times 'til start to end without single crash, suit yourself though.
I remember when Mutants Rising was starting out back in early 2000. Don't tell me I don't know shit about Fallout mods. I've played through enough to know the people doing them were releasing shit, straight shit. Beamdog has nothing on these fuckers.

I've probably been playing Fallout since before you found out about it on GOG's or Bethesda's Fallouts, faggot.

HD patch and unofficial patches are legit, though. All you really need lest you want to get a headache from some shoddy mods.

valcik

Arcane
I've probably been playing Fallout since before you found out about it on GOG's or Bethesda's Fallouts, faggot.
Sorry kiddo, you haven't.
Remembering Mutants Rising being started doesn't make you more insightful, so I'll repeat my question - what TC mod have you actually played?

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Sorry kiddo, you haven't.
Remembering Mutants Rising being started doesn't make you more insightful, so I'll repeat my question - what TC mod have you actually played?
If by TC, you mean total conversion or whatever. I've played through Shattered Destiny and remember when it was in German or Russian during the development. I forgot what the language was. That's how long I've been playing Fallout.

See, I've been playing Fallout longer than you've been wafting your fat, Dorito stained fingers around these boards, faggot.

I'd rather not waste anymore keystrokes on a pathetic, clueless neckbeard that only started playing Fallout since Bethesda released their version. So incoming "edgy" posts or crybaby mods about my join date can come in, and I can laugh about how pathetic this forum is.

I'm being :incloosive: here :lol:.

valcik

Arcane
Nothing aside Shattered Destiny? So it is exactly as I thought - you know jack shit about Fallout mods. What about SD then, do you consider it to be utter shit? Since I've played it too, including the most funny part where your character can shoot his brains out in Russian roulette, I'm pretty confident that this is one of very solid mods - stable and fun to play. Too bad it's very short, being only first part of planned trilogy. Also, I'm sad that you consider Lexx to be shoddy shit producing fucker, considering his work on FOnline.

As for the rest of your post, you've made yourself look totally retarded right now, kiddo, since there's a lot of folks on this site knowing where I'm coming from. Good job.
:stupid:

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
including the most funny part where your character can shoot his brains out in Russian roulette

What+i+do+when+my+girlfriend+makes+a+jok+joke_72002f_3686726.gif

valcik

Arcane
Nifty mechanics actually, based on your gambling skill and LCK stat.
The same goes for fully fledged poker you can play with a couple of bums in Russian mod New Vision. Scripted from scratch, with bets, complete poker rules, and cheating opponents. All this is text form through standard Fallout UI. How any sane person can consider features like this to be less "technically competent" than Beamdog's elementary school grade stories with zero skill-check linear scripts, is simply beyond me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom