Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BattleTech Pre-Release Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

DeepOcean

Arcane
Hmmm, not a big BattleTech nerd but from what I know, aren't Mercenaries campaigns where you sort make a mercenary unit made of 4 to 6 players with maybe some extra NPC mercenaries and do missions based on contracts? I think this is looking like a some sort of BattleTech tactics game where by open ended campaign they mean you choose the contracts you gonna do. It is more of a RPG like campaign than some sort of grand campaign. It could be very fun if you could create six mechs and having NPCs travelling with you for some story, salvaging enemies part, managing the company and all that stuff but...

I can't deny that a truly open campaign with a strategic layer and you having the mission to conquer a periphery planet with a mercenary compoany, each one with their own personality and train a local militia to help you out would be the only mind blowing scenario for me.:smug:

Gozma

Arcane
Wonder if they're gonna try to change the old ruleset, with the chunky damage vs. crit-seekers dynamic and heat. It's pretty random and was mostly about seeing your neat painted miniatures simulate a fight rather than being tactically interesting. It's kinda like (old?) WH40k where you mostly win or lose the fight with your army loadout.

I hope they keep any new games perpetually locked at the era before Clan metaplot bullshit, or just junk that entirely.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Wonder if they're gonna try to change the old ruleset, with the chunky damage vs. crit-seekers dynamic and heat. It's pretty random and was mostly about seeing your neat painted miniatures simulate a fight rather than being tactically interesting. It's kinda like (old?) WH40k where you mostly win or lose the fight with your army loadout.
They will, Shadowrun Returns is nothing like PnP Shadowrun.

Jason Liang

Arcane
I also hope they keep it in the 2900 - 3049 era.

It seems likely, since the 4 mech profiles in the promo art are pre-clan invasion.

And featuring the Atlas in the full promo art is a signal that they are selling a classic feel.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Metro to my recollection its the first time you are actually looking forward to something.
I didn't say I was looking forward to it. Mechwarrior was a first person mech piloting sim and not really what the Battletech games were... if I'm recalling right... stuff like Crescent Hawk's Revenge? If it were a Mechwarrior type game I'd be cautiously optimistic~

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://harebrained-schemes.com/blog/2015/07/29/hbs-returns-to-kickstarter-with-battletech/
HBS Returns to Kickstarter with BATTLETECH

TACTICAL ‘MECH COMBAT RETURNS TO THE PC. Harebrained Schemes is pleased to announce their return to Kickstarter this Fall to partner with backers in co-funding the creation of BATTLETECH. Jordan Weisman, the creator of BattleTech and MechWarrior, is back with the first turn-based BattleTech game for PC in over two decades. Steeped in the feudal political intrigue of the BattleTech universe, the game will feature an open-ended Mercenaries-style campaign that blends RPG ‘Mech and MechWarrior management with modern turn-based tactics.

The BATTLETECH Kickstarter comes on the heels of the wildly successful crowdfunding campaign for Shadowrun: Hong Kong, which Harebrained Schemes will deliver as promised on August 20, 2015. Harebrained Schemes is one of the industry’s most dynamic independent game studios. The Seattle-based developer made headlines with its two previous Kickstarter successes: the visionary, digitally-enhanced miniatures boardgame Golem Arcana, and Shadowrun Returns, one of the first videogame Kickstarter projects to exceed one million dollars in funding.

Harebrained Schemes is thrilled to announce BATTLETECH at GenCon – GenCon attendees were among the earliest supporters of the franchise, and many milestones in BattleTech’s history took place at this legendary game convention. BATTLETECH will be coming to Kickstarter this fall, but visitors to Harebrained Schemes’ booth at Gen Con will have the opportunity to become early supporters of the project and receive an exclusive BattleTech collectible. Players can also sign up to join the BATTLETECH mailing list atwww.battletechgame.com.

GenCon begins today: http://www.gencon.com/

Darkzone

Arcane

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
:UBERFAP:
:ERMAHGERDITSHEAVAN:
: D1P:
:SHUTUPANDTAKEMYMUNNY:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom