Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter BATTLETECH, turn-based mech combat from Harebrained Schemes - now in BETA

Discussion in 'Strategy Gaming' started by Infinitron, May 24, 2015.

1. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Click here and disable ads!
    UPDATE - Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...oot-could-be-battletech-or-crimson-skies.aspx

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 12
    ^ Top  
  2. Tzaerogender: ⚧ DEPARTED Patron

Tzaero
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    :yeah:

^ Top  
  3. pippingender: ⚧ Guest

pippin
    Harebrained are the heroes we deserve.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Make America Great Again Rogueygender: ⚧ Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    Parrots:
    Neither of those are RPGs so my interest is nil. :cool:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Make America Great Again Kz3r0gender: ⚧ Arcane

Kz3r0
    Parrots:
    Last edited: May 24, 2015
    ^ Top  
  6. evdkgender: ⚧ comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    MechWarrior is also a PnP RPG system, just saying.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  7. Make America Great Again Lady Errorgender: ⚧ Arcane

Lady Error
    Parrots:
    I'm curious how they would do a proper BattleTech RPG - though it will be probably the other one.

^ Top  
  8. I'm With Her SausageInYourFacegender: ⚧ for prison Arcane Patron

SausageInYourFace
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Holy shit, those Shadowrun games must've sold way better than I have thought. The incline is real and here to stay.

A BattleTech strategy game would be glorious, I still have very fond memories of MechCommander (even though I doubt it would be anything like that).

^ Top  
  9. Make America Great Again deuxherogender: ⚧ Arcane

deuxhero
    Parrots:
    Oh boy! Something else for them to mismanage the funding of!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. DeepOceangender: ⚧ Arcane

DeepOcean
    Parrots:
    I wouldn't count on this, on their last kickstarter they avoided overpromising despite all the demands of new features and revised their project management as they themselves admitted they did waste alot of time with things they had to cut from DMS, they seem to be planning funding better this time. Honestly, I'm very excited for HK and it maybe the first big budget kickstarter RPG to be good on 2015. They even abandoned the damn tablets what is a huge incline.

^ Top  
  11. Telengardgender: ⚧ Arcane

Telengard
    Parrots:
    I wouldn't mind an actual Crimson Skies strategy game., FASA version. But another stunt-plane-shooter with fake low air ceilings? Or a game based on the new(er) pnp version? Psh. Both can go do in a fire.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. Riskbreakergender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Riskbreaker
    Parrots:
    Quite opposite for me: I would kill for another arcade flight action akin to old Crimson Skies.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Spectaclegender: ⚧ Arcane

Spectacle
    Parrots:
    It's obviously going to be a new Renegade Legion game.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Well, they also have Golem Arcana (yes, apparently that wasn't a failure). There's also the possibility that their other game, Necropolis, is actually getting some sort of external investor funding. Seeing as it's the only one they haven't Kickstarted.

^ Top  
  15. Zarniwoopgender: ⚧ Destiny Cleanser Patron

Zarniwoop
    Parrots:
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Delivar SR:Hong Kong first, then start hype about a new game.

^ Top  
  16. Shannowgender: ⚧ Waster of Time

Shannow
    Parrots:
    MechCommander or MechWarrior would both be great. But both would be very different beasts from what I know from HBS.
    Both should also be popamole enough to get publisher funding. I always wondered why there wasn't really anything done with that in the last years. (Not counting MW Online.)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Zedgender: ⚧ fishin

Zed
    Parrots:
    tabletop and PC gaming needs to be separate, just like the church and state.
    this fucking teasing of what could be some tabletop garbage in the pc games news space needs to be punished FFS!!!!

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  18. Make America Great Again Kz3r0gender: ⚧ Arcane

Kz3r0
    Parrots:
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Gozmagender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Gozma
    Parrots:
    Battletech from before they started burying it in metaplot when it was designed to be feudal mercenary with giant robots simulator. Structured kinda like Pirates!

And pay for jap mecha designs for God's sake, there have to be 50 year old Japanese nerds that will draft a good looking mech for a pack of cigarettes. You know damn well everything looked bad besides the stuff pulled from jap mecha cartoons.

No more lumpy American shit robots from guys that couldn't not fuck up symmetry and perspective ten times before breakfast! no more!

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  20. LESS T_Tgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014

This is not confirming anything but Microsoft is the owner of FASA IPs anyway.

^ Top  
  21. Make America Great Again roshangender: ⚧ Arcane

roshan
    Parrots:
    I wonder what Harebrained needs 60 employees for? Perhaps they have gotten involved in some kind of publisher/popamole contract that we still don't know anything about.

^ Top  
  22. Athelasgender: ⚧ Arcane

Athelas
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  23. DeepOceangender: ⚧ Arcane

DeepOcean
    Parrots:
    Hong Kong, eletronic board game and rogue like hack n' slash to pay the bills. I wouldn't be surprised if they made a mechcommander style game after the rogue like thing is done.

^ Top  
  24. Morality Gamesgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Morality Games
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Mm. Maybe HBS is what Microsoft had in mind when they said they intended on taking PC gaming more seriously.

^ Top  
  25. I'm With Her Metrogender: ⚧ for prison Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Parrots:
    Hate all you want, I bet it's going to be good!

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)